Super Sports - Well, they might be eventually!

• Thread starter nursemorph
  • Start date
  • Replies 120
  • Views 12K
To nick a late goal,push the defensive line up and increase the tempo.Works for me.;)

However great JP Woody tactics are [which they truely are] I still mix around my tactics depending on the team if my scout reports back saying fast pace strikers I have my defence line deep so he can't run past if there midfields are amazing players I usually close down all over to stop him hitting pop shots. If they have small park I play through middle or large park play out wide I take this all into consideration before choosing my tactics although I always keep my passing short to keep posession which has worked for me with Crawley who are first when predicted that relegation could be a possibility.

Fair play to you,what ever gets you the results i say.

Thanks for the advice guys. Trouble is I'm reluctant to change my tactics late in a game cos, inevitably, when I go for the killer goal they usually score against me and I end up losing. I'll see how it goes this season and if I start drawing loads again, then I may consider it. Of course, if my goal shy strikers would just score the goals in the first place, then I shouldn't need to go for it in the last 10 minutes. :S

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

good to see you are working on being a good manager the hard way...so your success is even sweeter....hope you get promotion next season...you can well publish a book then...on your trials and tribulations as Eastbourne manager ;)

Yeah, the extreme hard way. I did consider writing a book when I last got into the Championship but decided it was premature and am gonna wait till I get into Europe and start dominating before doing so. I predict that I will be a major force in Europe by..........2050 :'(

Thanks for the advice guys. Trouble is I'm reluctant to change my tactics late in a game cos, inevitably, when I go for the killer goal they usually score against me and I end up losing. I'll see how it goes this season and if I start drawing loads again, then I may consider it. Of course, if my goal shy strikers would just score the goals in the first place, then I shouldn't need to go for it in the last 10 minutes. :S

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Yeah, the extreme hard way. I did consider writing a book when I last got into the Championship but decided it was premature and am gonna wait till I get into Europe and start dominating before doing so. I predict that I will be a major force in Europe by..........2050 :'(
I was thinking more about when your losing anyway mate and have nothing to lose.i agree with you a point is better than none.

i agree with jp ifu want 2 nick late goals wither just for a point or the win try and push the denfence up and quicker the tempo and maybe change or striker

Oh, I see. Sorry, I obviously wasn't paying attention. It was way too early in the morning and I had half an eye on the F1 Qualifying

Update:

August:

Well, after the good results from pre-season I was really looking forward to a brand new season. The first game was to be away to Bristol City, who are usually my nemesis.

Away (League) Bristol City 2-0. Completely and totally dominated
Away (League Cup 1st Round) Aldershot 3-2 Eastbourne: Javier, Clayton. We dominated and had 5 shots on target. They had 4 on target. Says it all really.

Suffice to say, at this point, I was deeply unhappy: out of the League Cup and 22nd in the League. Something drastic was needed so it was time for a change in tactics. I went back to my old attacking formation but removed the width from the team:

View attachment 4573

View attachment 4574

I realised that this was going to reduce our possession but I felt it was an acceptable sacrifice for shots on target and ultimately goals (I hoped!)

Home (League) Eastbourne 2-1 Bradford: Clayton (2)
Away (League) Walsall 0-2 Eastbourne: Javier, Zamblera. Both had 6 shots on goal, we were more clinical
Home (League) Eastbourne 5-0 Scunthorpe: Louw, Zamblera, Clayton (2), Welsh. 7 shots on target, 5 goals and Javier, my central midfielder got 3 assists. Top draw performance
Away (JPT 1st Round) Cambridge 1-1 Eastbourne: Small. Cambridge won 7-6 on penalties after an even match. My side were weakened as resting key players, so happy with this result

So, after an extremely frustrating start to the month, the tactic change has, so far, yielded good results. My Player Of The Month is a tie:

John Clayton, 5 goals in 6 appearances, 2 assists, 7.55 average rating
Javier, 2 goals in 5 appearances, 4 assists, 7.20 average rating

League wise, I am 2nd in Manager Of The Month, Clayton is 2nd in Player of The Month and McGowan is 3rd in Young Player Of The Month. We are currently sat 1st in the League but the board are unhappy at the early exits in both cup competitions. I personally think it just removes extra matches and I don't need the money due to pre-season profit.

Transfer wise, I have bought in 5 scouts (got rid of mine when I was considering quitting the club - I know, stupid boy:(), I have bought in new coaches to try and improve the quality of the training (most of my coaches are now 5 and 6 star coaches but a couple are still only 4 star). With regards to players there have only been a couple of changes:

In:
Monde Louw (ST) - On loan from Birmingham to maybe add firepower

Out:
Jonathan Hayes (AMRL) - Shrewsbury £35k. He was only a back up last season, so I felt it was time for him to move on.

Right...time for some screenshots cos I haven't posted any on here for a while and I know how much you all love screenshots(K):

Season overview so far:

View attachment 4576

Now for my Star Players:

View attachment 4579

View attachment 4577

View attachment 4578

View attachment 4580

View attachment 4575

Those 5 I consider to be my best. I hope they repay my faith in them.

Last edited:
September:

Away (League) Southampton 2-1 Eastbourne: Clayton
Home (League) Eastbourne 2-0 Cambridge: Hutton, Clayton
Home (League) Eastbourne 3-2 Colchester: Barnett (2), Clayton. 2-0 down after 48 minutes, changed tactic to Ultra Attacking and got 3 goals. Pleased with the comeback but not at all happy with being 2-0 down
Away (League) Plymouth 1-1 Eastbourne: Clayton. Tried the ultra attacking formation which would have worked if my players could actually manage something that resembles a decent shot.

My Player Of The Month has to be Clayton I suppose for scoring 4 goals but, honestly, none of my players deserve it. We are also 3rd in the League.

I'm currently really struggling with tactics at the moment. Well, a tactic that will get my strikers scoring. I mean, yes, Clayton has scored 8 this season but my other 3 strikers have 2 between them. I normally get plenty of shots but they will not go on target. Even using Ultra-attacking doesn't generally get me goals. Oh well, I guess I'll just plod on.

good start to the new season 4 u...got some good youngsters there 2 all best 4 the season.

Thanks....but this is as far into the season as I am going to go. The game has slowed down so much now that it has taken all the fun out of it and I don't have the patience for it. Some people enjoy watching the match unfold in real time but I'm not one of them - I like to just have the text run through so the game is over in 5 Minutes.

Thus here ends the Eastbourne Borough story I'm afraid. Hope you all enjoyed the ride with me

are u going to do another thread with a different team...i prefere the classic 2d version personally...brilliant read hope u make another 1 soon

I really don't know if I want to do another one cos in the back of my mind I know the same thing will happen again. I might start one with just one country...dunno, I'll have to have a think about it

You've been really sucsessfull mate, i can't belive someone was so sucesfull for so long, :) i would sugest so stay with this, its probubly one of the most long running storys ever lol, shame to let it all go to waste

:( I really enjoyed your thread. It's the one on the forum I look forward to most. Having seen your thread from the start I am hoping always that you will do well. In fact you've converted me to a supporter of your side. I am one of you season ticket holders :p .

Awww.thanks guys :$. I have not completely given up hope on the Eastbourne Boro story but it is going to spend some time on the bench while I begin a new time with my other Favourite team Brentford. I hope you will follow that story with as much interest :D

Okay. Just ignore my last comment. I went to start a new game with Brentford but am only allowed 3 coaches. 3 coaches? I can't work with that! I think I will start a new Eastbourne game.....but without the Reunion players. So get ready for a new thread............................Super Sports Have Returned!

Yey! I was only allowed 1 coach for my first season with Bath. After 1 season that was changed to 7.