Super Sports - Well, they might be eventually!

• Thread starter nursemorph
  • Start date
  • Replies 120
  • Views 12K
N

nursemorph

I have just started a new game with Eastbourne Borough of the Blue Square Premier as it is my home team. Normally when I play a game, I do tend to "cheat" a lot: adding loads of money, changing player attributes, restarting the game if I don't get the result I want. The result is that my teams win lots of things but it does become a bit too easy.

So, anyway, I have now started this game and my aim is not to cheat (this will be tough cos I like to mess about with things) but to do things properly. The only concession I have allowed is loading all the players from Reunion because the Sports' team is atrocious (even for a BSP team).

The game begins with a whopping £4k transfer budget and an even more whopping £6,037 per week wage budget. The wages are already at just over £5000 a week so not much scope.

So, the first thing to do was to overhaul the team on a very tight budget, so I invaded Reunion to poach their players. In total, I signed 7 of them (one for each position except right back, a central midfield slot and both striker slots - I ended up going over my wage budget so couldn't sign more :()

picture.php

picture.php
That's the list of my signings (including a couple of young squad players - nothing special but might do a job) and my wages (well overbudget but I have since trimmed it to within the budget).

The aim of the first season is to battle bravely against relegation and the media prediction is of being 24th (nice to know they believe in my team :p).

As for tactics for games and training, I have used Tugs training thing (I hope my players are good enough for it!!) and match tactics are the same as I use for any team except for the odd tweak:

picture.php
picture.php
So, anyways, now that the preliminaries were sorted out, it was time for pre-season to begin. My friendlies were all away against Basingstoke, Merthyr and Bromley. They aren't exactly really good teams so I was hoping to win these but was aware that almost my entire first team was new so I might struggle for a while until they gelled. Amazingly, i managed to win them 2-0, 2-0, 3-0 which completely shocked me but also gave me the confidence that this season may turn out to be a good one. At this point, I also raided Reunion for a striker as I felt mine wouldn't cope with the league.

So, onto the first game of the season:

A Home Tie against Rushden and Diamonds. The media wrote my team off as Rushden are predicted for 10th in the league, but amazingly we won the game 2-0 with a goal each for my new left midfielder and my new striker.

The following game was away to Stevenage (the media again writing us off!) and we again won 2-0, my new striker getting on the scoresheet in the process to make it 2 from 2. We were now top of the league and extremely confident (perhaps too confident) as our next game was away to Oxford (predicted 4th).

We dominated possession and had more chances (10 shots, one on target compared to their 2 shots, one on target) but ultimately failed due to the lack of on target shots and they scored the only goal of the game to produce our first defeat. However, the fans were still pleased despite the defeat, perhaps because we outplayed them. This game left me a little deflated as the next game was Cambridge (predicted 3rd) at home.

The match didn't get off to the best of starts and we went behind in the 3rd minute. I was worried it would turn into a rout but my players rallied magnificently and we led 2-1 at halftime and, eventually, 4-1 at full time (my new striker scoring yet again). This has now lifted us to 3rd in the table which I am obviously delighted with.

This is as far as I have got so far but I will update every now and again (though I don't get much time to play due to work commitments). Even though it is still early days, I am finding it much more enjoyable to play the game without having altered finances or players or anything and also for not having restarted when I lost the game (as I have done in the past).

Thankyou for your patience in reading all this (hopefully some people have read it to the end :D. If not, then I just gave myself plenty of typing practice!!! Oh yeah, apologies for the screenshots being slightly blurry - I'm not quite sure what has happened

Good luck and keep us updated... Btw its really hard not to cheat when u do it lots but it can be done. At least you admit you cheat unlike some people coughcough MASSON coughcough. Good luck

lol. Yeah it is extremely hard. I have just had a game where my team drew 0-0, had 15 shots and got just 1 on target :mad:. I really wanted to reset and play the game again but I managed to avoid the temptation (A)

Its so hard not to restart when you dominate whole game 0-0 and then opposition score in 92minute.

Or when you got to play the easiest team in league and i lose.XD

never cheat with a massive club its is to BORING lol but i admit i cheat now and agen but i dont turn game offmor nothing but good luck hope it goes well

It's tempting when you lose to someone way below your level, but it takes so long to load through a week on mine that I can't be bothered with reloading. I really should restart with less leagues.

Never cheated once, never will cheat.... cheating is the same in any game, it defeats the point in playing. I think anyone who cheats is abit of a fool and is just wasting time by playing a game with no real objective other than to **** around... which would no doubt be very boring. So er.... what im trying to say is that cheating is bad, yeah bad bad cheating. No cheat!

FYI: i used the word cheat 7 times in 2 sentences... go me

Time for an update:

Things are going extremely well at Priory Lane. We are 12 games into the season (so just over a quarter of the way through) and amazingly we are in 2nd place, only a point behind the leaders. My team is doing me extremely proud and my star striker, Mr ***** Robert, is regularly banging the goals in, including a hat-trick in the teams last outing. The media are writing us off and feel we will have a major slump in form and drop down the table like a stone. I have to say, I am kinda thinking the same but I will enjoy looking down at all the teams that are supposedly better than me. Thats the update for now. I have added a couple of screenshots to show that I am losing games occassionally and therefore, definitely not "cheating" :p

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The Sports are now 23 games into the season (exactly halfway, not including potential play off games). We currently top the table with a seven point gap to second place and 13 points to the last play off place. The media is finally coming round to the fact that we may well not be relegation fodder. My star striker is still scoring the goals although they are not going in as regularly as they were before and he only has 19 goals in 28 appearances :(

Oh yeah....I haven't cheated yet either (A). I know some may find it hard to believe given my admission that I normally can't resist cheating but I truly haven't as I am finding playing the game so much more enjoyable even if I do have to deal with defeats in games I should have one :mad:

Last edited:
Good luck and keep us updated... Btw its really hard not to cheat when u do it lots but it can be done. At least you admit you cheat unlike some people coughcough MASSON coughcough. Good luck
**** you and i did admit it

50p to the swear box

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

oh yeah also i just noticed what a **** badge Eastbourne have, no offence but it does look a bit wierd :p

50p to the swear box

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

oh yeah also i just noticed what a **** badge Eastbourne have, no offence but it does look a bit wierd :p

:O..............................okay, I concede that you may have a point there! :(

**** you and i did admit it

You only admited after every was slagging you off and you u couldnt deny cus it was so obvious! Only an idiot would make a thread bragging how good you are when its quite obvious u cheated. = you :D

Time for another update.....I have now played 31 league games this season and remain top of the league although my lead is being slowly decreased by a combination of Histon going on a run of wins and my team being decimated by injuries (I have had 11 players injured in the last 4 games! :O) My team is really struggling at the moment, although I am reasonably confident that although I may not win the league, I should at least make the playoffs (providing I don't get many more injuries of course)

Keep it up. I am interested in what tactics you are using for Boro.

Lol im telford and i hav signed robert aswel. Goal machine. Iv also signed like 16players for reunion lol

I'm playing as Eastbourne Boro as well as they are my nearest team!!! I have pretty much doing the same thing as you, getting those Reunion players in. Hoping to get promoted but expected to come 24th.

Keep it up. I am interested in what tactics you are using for Boro.

They are listed in my initial post in this thread. I have not changed the tactics at all during the season as they seem to work (well, most of the time :S). I'll have to review them if I get to higher divisions.

EASTBOURNE BOROUGH COMPLETE THE DOUBLE!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Yes, you read that right. We managed to win the league with 2 games to spare. I was a bit concerned for a while as we had a bit of a wobble in February and March but luckily the other teams didn't capitalise as much as they could have. The lads kept concentrating till the end of the season and won five of their last six games, including two back-to-back 5-1 wins (I am sooo proud of them :)). The lads ended up with the league's highest goals scored and also the lowest conceded.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Mr ***** Robert, my star striker, ended up as joint top goalscorer, despite going on an end of season barren run. He only managed to score 1 goal in his last 5 appearances. Luckily, my other striker (Yohan Guichard) stepped up to the plate and fired in 6 in 5 appearances to keep the run going.

picture.php
picture.php

The fans and the board were amazed at the success of the team this season and thought things couldn't be any better. However, the team weren't quite finished yet - we had managed to progress to the FA Trophy Final for the first time in the Sport's history. We were up against Histon who had been hanging onto our coattails for most of the season but then had a major slump in form and ended up in 4th in the league. However, I was still expecting a very tough match and predicting us to lose and I appeared to be right on the money when Histon scored after 38 seconds. I wasn't expecting the sheer determination of the team though and the Sports were winning 3-1 at half time thanks to a superb first half hat-trick from man of the moment Guichard. We won 4-1 in the end to the utter jubilation of the fans and the board.

I am now listed as Favoured Personnel by the board so my job is fairly safe at the moment. Now it is time to focus on the second season. It is currently 9th of June so I don't know what my finances will be (I suspect they will be quite poor). I am hoping that the Reunion players can keep us in the second division (along with, hopefully, a few useful free/loan signings). I have West Ham as a parent club, so will hope to loan a couple of decent players. Realistically, I feel that this season will be about avoiding relegation. I hope that is the case because, if we did miraculously get promoted, we would need to bring in a whole new team of players to cope with League 1. Anyway, wish me luck as we begin the adventure into league football.

picture.php
picture.php