Super Ted's Adventure: A Teddy Sheringham Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you'll get the update on tonight? Following with interest!

April/May 2014

165px-FC_Twente.svg.png

Thursday 3rd April 2014

SHERINGHAM REJECTS NEW DEAL

images

FC Twente Chairman Joop Munsterman has today issued a statement on the clubs website regarding current Manager Teddy Sheringham's future.

Early reports had been suggesting that Sheringham, whose current deal runs out at the end of June, is feeling homesick and is keen on returning to England after spending two years out of the country. And Munsterman has decided to keep everyone in the know by going public on the recent talks he's held with his Manager.

" After talks with Teddy this morning, he has made it clear to the board and myself that
he is keen on returning home to England. Of course we are disappointed with Teddy's decision,
but we respect him being honest and open with us, so we can begin the search for a new
manager to be installed at the end of Teddy's contract at the end of June.
Teddy has made it abundantly clear that he will remain 100% focused on trying to retain the
Eredivisie and will give it his all to the end of the season.

Early potential replacements for Sheringham are Fulham's Martin Jol, Furth's Cristian Gross and Ruud Gullit. Despite the speculation Joop Munsterman is keen on not making any decision public until the end of the current campaign.

Eredivisie
Saturday 5th April 2014
Grolsch Veste

Twente (2 - 2) sc Heerenveen
Chadli(2)

This draw put a big dent in Twente's hopes of retaining the league title.
Nacer Chadli put the home side 2 up at half time, but in the 2nd half a completely
different Twente side turned up and threw away a 2 goal lead and 2 precious points.

Eredivisie
Sunday 13th April 2014
AFAS Stadion

AZ (2 - 1) Twente
Fer

AZ produced a fine home performance to all but end Twente's chances of retaining the
title, as they slumped to only their 4th defeat of the season.
Leroy Fer grabbed a late consolation, but it wasn't enough to turn the game around, after they
were behind at half time from 2 early goals.

Eredivisie
Wednesday 16th April 2014
Grolsch Veste

Twente (1 - 0) PSV
N'Djeng

Back to winning ways for Sheringham's side as this win cemented their top 2 finish.
Yannick N'Djeng continued his brilliant form in front of goal, as he scored the
crucial goal from the penalty spot.

Eredivisie
Sunday 20th April 2014
Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (1 - 2) Twente
N'Djeng, Tadic

Despite claiming the 3 points tonight, Ajax won their game, which meant Twente finish
in 2nd place, which gets them Champions League football for a second season.
Both goals involved the scorers, as their fantastic link up play was the difference
between the 2 teams.

Eredivisie
Sunday 4th May 2014
Grolsch Veste

Twente (0 - 0) NEC

The final game of the season and nothing to play for, as we had already secured
2nd place in the league. Though their was nothing riding on the game,
Twente could've sealed all 3 points, but N'Djeng missed a penalty just after the half
time interval.

Teddy:
" With all the speculation regarding my future, I was very happy that the squad didn't let it affect them and though we didn't perform to our normal standards in a couple of games, to finish 2nd and get the club Champions League football gain is something the fans will be very pleased with.
In regards to my future I will be holding a press conference shortly to explain my decision and the reason behind them."

May 2014

Monday 19th May 2014

TEDDY WANTS TO COME HOME!

images

Teddy Sheringham resigned from his role as FC Twente Manager this afternoon, just days after leading them to a 2nd place finish in the Eredivisie.

Following the announcement from Twente Chairman Joop Munsterman a few days ago about Sheringham's decision to reject a new improved contract, it was no surprise that the former Racing manager has decided to quit the club with only days remaining on his contract.

With many fans and pundits alike keen to hear why the Ex England International has decided not to renew his contract, Teddy Sheringham decided to release a statement regarding his reasons.

" I would like to place on record my thanks to the Twente board and their fans for their support
this season. It was a real shame I couldn't bring home a second successive league title, but I hope everyone
enjoyed the style of football and performances we delivered this season.

After spending two years away from England, working in Spain and now Holland, gaining valuable
knowledge and experience in both leagues, I feel it's time to come home and look for work in the
English leagues, where I enjoyed many years as a player.

I know some Chairman may see I have only stayed at a club for a season, but for one reason or another I felt
at those times, I had to move on. My hope is their will be a team that I can join and stay with to build my
own youthful team, containing some promising youngsters that can help develop the national team and also
to create a winning side capable of playing in Europe for many years.

T
o some it may sound like a long challenge, but given the right resources and backing, I hope to have a long
and successful careermanaging a team that has been longing for success and I hope I can be
that person to deliver it. "

As yet there is no known destination for Sheringham, but with the English season coming to a close, there maybe a vacancy that becomes available that meets the criteria he is looking for.

Will be interesting to see his next destination! Is it only the Premier league that lures, or is the Championship a possibility?

May 2014

images

Wednesday 21st May 2014

BLADES APPOINT SHERINGHAM

images

Sheffield United have today unveiled Teddy Sheringham as their new Manager following the sacking of Roy Keane, who failed to get the Blades into the playoffs.

United Chairman Kevin McCabe introduced the former Twente Manager to the press this afternoon, as he hopes his surprise capture of the highly rated Englishman will finally bring success to the club, who are entering their 125 year as a professional club, after spending 3 years outside the English Championship.

" I'm delighted to welcome Teddy to the club. As soon as I knew he was keen on returning to England,
I made him my number one target.
Teddy shares my ambition that this club should be playing it's football at a higher level than we currently
are and we will give Teddy the resources and backing he needs to make an immediate return to the
NPower Championship this season. "

After the introduction by McCabe, who has Sheringham tied down to his longest contract as a Manager until June 2017, he handed over to his new Manager to explain why he took the decision to join Sheffield United and the reasons behind his resignation at FC Twente.

" As many of you know, I enjoyed many successful years as a player here in England and
after experiencing the different styles of football in the Netherlands and Spain, I felt it was the
right time to make my own mark on a team that plays in one of English leagues.

I'm very thankful to be given this wonderful opportunity to manage here and hope with everything
I've learnt during my short spell as Manager, I can go on and achieve big things with Sheffield United.

The Chairman has made it very clear he wants promotion this season and will provide the relevant funds
and support to allow me to achieve his aims. With that in mind, I very keen to develop the young players here
and also build a young talented side by buying quality hot prospects that will benefit us now and in
the long term. This vision will not be created over night and I will need the right mix of youth and
experienced heads to get us out the division before proceeding with a more younger squad. "

Sheringham will now spend the next month assessing his current squad and staff, before deciding what changes he will make, on and off the pitch, to assist him with Sheffield United's assault on the Npower League One in the forthcoming season.

Brilliant story, following with interest!!

Will be interesting to see his next destination! Is it only the Premier league that lures, or is the Championship a possibility?

Just posted up the next installment mate, maybe a bigger surprise than you thought! :D

wow now thats a step down

Well I was getting bored of playing in Holland, was pretty easy, so was getting bored of the save abit too. So I thought by coming to England and getting a job at a big club outside the Championship, where it will reignite my interest again was the thing to do.

Hope you will still enjoy it mate. :D

im sure i will just hate sheff u being a barnsley fan lol but keep up the good work 3 season and you will be in the prem

im sure i will just hate sheff u being a barnsley fan lol but keep up the good work 3 season and you will be in the prem

Ah fair enough, I understand that mate. I'm hoping to get to the Prem by the start of my 3rd season in charge. If things go how I want them too, then I hope to be at Sheff Utd for a long time, unless an offer comes in that is from a much bigger club that I can't refuse or if I get sacked! Next update soon and there's been a huge signing!!! :p

June 2014
(season 3)

175px-Sheffield_United_FC_logo.svg.png

SHERINGHAM AND BECKHAM RE-UNITED!

images

New Sheffield United Manager Teddy Sheringham has wasted no time in shocking the world of football, as he captured the signing of free agent David Beckham.

The former Manchester United, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain star has put pen to paper on a one year rolling contract, subject to him playing 15 league games this season. Despite being 39 years old, Beckham(pictured above arriving at the clubs training ground) still believes he has a couple of years left playing time before finally hanging up his boots for a career away from football.

View attachment 328101

" This will be my last club in football before I move away from the game for good.
I have known Teddy for a good few years through our time together at Manchester United
and England, so after hearing his plans and views for this great club, it's a challenge
I'm looking forward to being involved in. And hope I can play my part on the pitch and
also help develop the promising talent on the training ground. "

Sheringham has also splashed some of the cash that was made available to him by signing Crewe's highly rated centre back Harry Davis for £875,000 and Portsmouth's bright young talented forward Ashley Harris for £900,000. Thomas Carroll has also joined Sheffield United on a season long loan from Premiership side Tottenham Hotspur.

View attachment 328103View attachment 328105View attachment 328106

Status
Not open for further replies.