Super Ted's Adventure: A Teddy Sheringham Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
****** **** nice move you had more clubs than tiger woods keep up the good work

Haha, but I'm more faithful than tiger, as its chairman who have a prob with me, lol.

Will do update later. (H)

July 2013

165px-FC_Twente.svg.png

BIG CHANGES AT TWENTE

images

New FC Twente boss Teddy Sheringham has wasted little time re-shaping the Dutch Champions, as he has let 12 first team players leave the club and brought in 4 to strengthen certain areas.

The biggest name signing Sheringham has made, is the season long loan signing of PSG's defensive midfielder Blaise Matuidi. The 26 year old(pictured above) French International was deemed surplus to requirements by Carlo Ancellotti and is said to be keen on a new adventure.

" I'm thrilled to be here and am looking forward to working under Teddy Sheringham
and I hope we can continue our success during my time here. "

Also, joining Sheringham's side is young Brazilian goalkeeper Renan, who will provide competition for the number 1 jersey with Nikolay Mihaylov. Renan has joined on a season loan from Corinthians. Out of favour Arsenal midfielder Denilson was another snapped up and has joined on yet another 12 month loan deal, as Sheringham made best use of the loan market.

With the big loss of strong defender Douglas to German champions Dortmund, questions were being asked by the Twente faithful if Sheringham was going to sign a like for like replacement. Although many fans have not heard of 22 year old central defender Saimon, Teddy had heard enough from his reliable scouting network to splash out £2 million pounds on the relatively unknown Brazilian.

" I'm very excited by Saimon and feel he will be the perfect replacement to fill
the gap vacated by Douglas. If he trains hard and produces the sort of displays he has
been out in Brazil, then our fans will be very excited by him and I'm confident he can
become a crowd favourite. "

With all the excitement of the new players arriving, there was a few unhappy players leaving the Grolsch Veste and 1 signing in particular, Michael Eneramo, was very animated by his departure, but Sheringham was his typical calm self, when asked about the recent departures.

" I really feel for the lad Michael, it's not the most ideal situation any player wants
to be in, but I had to be honest with him and tell him that he doesn't feature in my plans for
this season and it's just bad timing that he was signed by Steve McClaren and a few days
later Steve left to join Ajax. Michael isn't the only one who is disappointed, but I have to do things
my way and I've spoken to the players who don't have a future here and told them to find
other clubs, which will then allow me to start to put my own stamp on the squad. "

With Sheringham seemingly keen to re-shape the squad he has inherited, he will get the chance to have a closer look at them in pre-season action, as FC Twente faces 3 friendly games in a 2 week period, before getting the season underway with the Dutch Super Cup against Willem on Saturday 27th July 2013.

Interesting switch to Twente but with them winning the league it was one not to be snubbed!

Interesting switch to Twente but with them winning the league it was one not to be snubbed!

Yeah I know mate, couldn't resist Champions League football. There will be more twists and turns the further the story goes on.

Hope u enjoy it. :)

Good few signings there, should be enough to see you through the league again, It's the European competition that will be tricky for you.

Good few signings there, should be enough to see you through the league again, It's the European competition that will be tricky for you.

Yeah defo agree mate, I'm hoping for a nice run in CL and hopefully win league again. Looking forward to seeing how the new signings play, as never signed them before. :)

July/August 2013

165px-FC_Twente.svg.png

SHERINGHAM WINS 1st TROPHY

images

FC Twente's new manager Teddy Sheringham has won his 1st trophy of his managerial career, when his side beat Jupiler League side Willem 4 - 2 after extra time in the Dutch Super Cup.

Sheringham's side were made to work hard for their victory against a team in the division below, but eventually got his hands on the trophy thanks to much better performance in the extra 30 minutes.

Things got off to a dreadful start for Twente when they had their right back, Roberto Rosales sent off in the 5th minute for an alleged elbow and tv replays look to suggest the referee got the decision correct, giving Willem the chance to become giant killers.

The final being played at Ajax's Amsterdam ArenA exploded into life deep into injury time of the 1st half, when Twente centre back Ramus Bengtsson headed the Eredivisie side into a half time lead. Despite trailing at the break Willem started the 2nd half brightly and equalised through Kevin Brands, but Twente hit back in the 63rd minute when Yannick N'Djeng volleyed Sheringham's side back in front. Again, Willem hit back and equalised in the 68th minute thanks to a goal from striker Jack Tuyp.
With the scores level after the 90 minutes, both sides went into extra time looking for the decisive break through and it was last seasons Dutch champions that got it. In the 101st minute Bengtsson grabbed his 2nd of the game with a carbon copy of his 1st, when he headed home from a corner on the right. That goal meant Willem had to take a few risks and push more men further and look to equalise for the 3rd time in the game. Unfortunately for the Willem fans, who very making themselves very vocal throughout the game, they couldn't find the break through and FC Twente sealed the victory in the 117th minute when Romanian Alexandru Chipciu ran clear of the defence and slotted the ball home to put the game beyond doubt.

Sheringham was clearly delighted at the final whistle and embraced his coaching staff, as he added the Dutch Super Cup, along with a LIGA Adelante promotion medal from last season, to his list of honours.

" I'm absolutely delighted to start my career in Holland with a trophy, but I have to
give most of the credit to the players and Steve McClaren, as it's the players who he brought
to the club out there.
It was a fantastic response by the lads after being reduced to 10 men so early in the game. I haven't
seen the incident yet, but if Roberto has struck the player with his elbow then the ref has very
right to send him off.
We'll enjoy this result now, but I know we have alot of hard work to come if we are to meet the
expectations set by the board for this season. "

Sheringham, who has only been in management for coming upto a year, has made a promising start to his Twente career, suffering 1 defeat, which was in a high profile friendly against German giants Bayern Munich. And with his current record their is a keen sense of excitement from the Twente fans to see if Sheringham can continue the winning tradition held my the clubs past managers.

Last edited:
August 2013
(SEASON 2)

165px-FC_Twente.svg.png

Eredivisie
Friday 2nd August 2013
Grolsch Veste

Twente (1 - 1) Groningen
N'Djeng

Teddy Sheringham's first league game in charge, was against rivals Groningen and it nearly
ended in disappointment.
With Sheringham keen to bring his own style of play to Twente, the team looked very vulnerable
tonight, as they start to get used to the formation and ethos being asked of them.
It was the away side that sent their crowd wild when they took the lead in the 57th minute through
a well taken finish by David Texeira.
Then in the 89th minute Twente were awarded a penalty after Dusan Tadic was brought
down inside the area. Up stepped Yannick N'Djeng who sent the keeper the wrong way and sealed a
point for the hosts.

Eredivisie
Saturday 10th August 2013
Amsterdam ArenA

Ajax (1 - 1) Twente
Chipciu

Another big game for Sheringham and his team, as they came away with another draw
against the side they are tipped to go toe to toe against to win the league.
Twente got off to the better start, as the players are starting to become more accustomed to
their new playing style and they deservedly took the lead in the 11th minute, when Alexandru Chipciu
finished off a fine flowing move.
The lead didn't last long, as Ajax got back into the game with an equaliser in the 33rd minute.
With both sides looking for a winner in the 2nd half, neither team could break down each others stubborn
defences, as they both had to settle for a point each.

Eredivisie
Saturday 17th August 2013
Grolsch Veste

Twente (4 - 1) Vitesse
N'Djeng(3), Tadic

Sheringham's biggest win to date, was sealed today on a dry evening at Grolsch Veste.
Yannick N'Djeng was the hero, as he grabbed a 1st half hat-trick including a penalty on the
stroke of half time to give Twente a 3 goal cushion.
Inside forward Dusan Tadic grabbed the 4th in the 60th minute, when he steered home a volley from 10 yards.
Vitesse did score a consolation in the 75th minute, but the damage had already been done.

Eredivisie
Sunday 25th August 2013
Mandemakers Stadion

RKC (0 - 3) Twente
Tadic, N'Djeng(2)

Twente end the month unbeaten in the league, after a fine away victory.
Captain Dusan Tadic grabbed his 2nd goal in as many games, when he fired the visitors
into the lead after 12 minutes.
In form striker Yannick N'Djeng made it 2 in the 40th minute when he confidently beat
the keeper from close range.
And it was N'Djeng again who sealed the win, when he headed home powerfully, after great work
down the left, by on loan full back Fabio, who crossed for N'Djeng to score.

View attachment 326630

Teddy: " A good month in charge and of course I'm extremely happy winning the Dutch Super Cup. Our league form is ok, but I'm confident the more work that's put in on the training ground on the formations and style of football I'm introducing, will help see better performances in the near future. "

Last edited:
August 2013

165px-FC_Twente.svg.png

FC TWENTE HANDED TOUGH DRAW

images

Dutch champions FC Twente have been drawn in Group D for this seasons Champions League competition, with the Dutch media fearing they will struggle to get out the group.

In the group with Twente are Israeli champions Maccabi Haifa, with both teams tipped to be fighting it out amongst themselves for 3rd place in the standings, which will open the door to the Europa League.
The other 2 teams in the group and expected to qualify are Spanish and Italian giants Barcelona and AC Milan both of whom have a successful history in Europe's elite competition, with Barcelona winning the prestigious trophy 5 times and are the current holders, while Milan have won it on no more than 7 occasions.
Despite being huge underdogs to qualify, Twente' manager Teddy Sheringham is looking forward to the challenge ahead.

" It's a tough draw for sure, but one myself and the players are looking forward too.
We know we go into the games with Milan and Barca as underdogs, so hopefully we can
play with no fear and cause an upset or two. "

Sheringham, whose side are currently 6th in the Eredivisie have a 2 week break before getting back into league action against ADO Den Haag, before facing Barcelona at home the following Tuesday evening, will be heading back to America to enjoy a week break with friends before the Dutch league re-starts on the 14th September.

Can definitely see a few twists coming especially in the champs league , keep up the good work :)

Can definitely see a few twists coming especially in the champs league , keep up the good work :)

Thanks mate, yeah I'm hopeful of a surprise or two. Oh yes, there will be some more twists, especially with the story plot, always nice to keep things interesting. :)

September 2013

165px-FC_Twente.svg.png

Eredivisie
Saturday 14th September 2013
Kyocera Stadion

ADO Den Haag (1 - 1) Twente
Chadli

Twente had to settle for a point against the leagues top team.
Nacer Chadli gave the visitors the lead in the 55th minute when he tapped in at the
far post after good work by Dusan Tadic.
With the game entering the 90th minute, Twente were hit by an impressive counter attack
by the hosts and Rydell Poepon equalised to salvage a point.

Champions League - Group D
Tuesday 17th September 2013
Grolsch Veste

Twente (0 - 2) Barcelona

An expected loss in Twente's 1st game in the Champions League.
It was the Lionel Messi show tonight, as he was head and shoulders the best player on the park. First Messi,
broke the deadlock in the 47th minute, when he beat 3 defenders and calmy lifted the ball
over the onrushing keeper and then in the 85th minute Messi found space in the area and drilled a
low left footed shot into the net.

Eredivisie
Saturday 21st September 2013
Grolsch Veste

Twente (5 - 0) FC Emmen
N'Djeng(2), Tadic, Bengtsson, Bjellend

Twente bounced back from their midweek defeat with a stunning win.
The hosts were 3 nil up at half time with goals from Yannick N'Djeng(2) and Dusan Tadic as they
ran riot against the newly promoted side.
Into the 2nd half and it was all one way traffic again, with goals coming from defenders Rasmus Bengtsson
and Andreas Bjellend sealing an easy win.

Dutch Cup - 2nd Round
Tuesday 24th September 2013
Grolsch Veste

Twente (1 - 1) Hollandia
Twente win 3 - 1 after extra time.
Fer, Chipciu(2)

Teddy Sheringham made alot of changes for the cup game against amateur side Hollandia and
he was nearly made to pay for his decision to rest some key names.
The minnows led at half time through a goal by Liberian striker Vakamon Kromah, which forced
Sheringham into delivering an aggressive half time team talk.
Twente responded and in the 60th minute drew level when Alexandru Chipciu scored with a fine long range
effort that left the keeper with no chance. The game then entered extra time and Sheringham brought on
Leroy Fer and Yannick N'Djeng to hopefully get the win that would see them through to round 3.
It was Fer who put Twente in the lead when he glanced a header under the diving arms of the Hollandia
keeper and shortly after Chipciu grabbed his 2nd of the game, when he finished from the edge of
the area to ensure their was no giant killing today.

Eredivisie
Saturday 28th September 2013
Grolsch Veste

Twente (2 - 0) Zwolle
N'Djeng(2)

A good professional performance, as Sheringham brought back the rested big names for
today's league match.
Yannick N'Djeng grabbed his 9th and 10th league goals of the season, as his brilliance was the
difference on a blustery and wet night. This win put Twente temporarily top of the league, all be it for
a day, but it's a position their fans hope they will be in come the end of the campaign.

View attachment 326676

Teddy: " A much better month, despite the disappointing result against Barcelona in the Champions League. I've been very impressed with my striker Yannick N'Djeng, who keeps showing his class and that if he continues to develop, he could play at a much higher level. "

View attachment 326677

Yannick N'Djeng(above)

October 2013

165px-FC_Twente.svg.png

Wednesday 2nd October 2013
San Siro

AC Milan (0 - 4) Twente
N'Djeng(2), Bjellend, Fer

A sensational away performance by Sheringham's Twente side.
The Dutch side showed tonight the perfect counter attacking performance that upstaged the Italians.
Yannick N'Djeng continued his fine goal scoring streak as he bagged another 2 goals. Leroy Fer and Andreas
Bjellend got the other goals, as Twente ran riot in front of a hostile home support.

Eredivisie
Saturday 5th October 2013
Polman Stadion

Heracles (1 - 2) Twente
N'Djeng, Tadic

Dusan Tadic was the match winner in this local derby.
After a goalless 1st half, the home side took the lead in the 48th minute, but their joy
was short lived as Yannick N'Djeng equalised with a bullet header.
With time running out, Tadic picked up the ball out wide, cut inside his marker and rifled an
unstoppable shot into the roof of the net.

Eredivisie
Saturday 19th October 2013
Parkstad Limburg Stadion

Roda JC (2 - 1) Twente
Chadli

Teddy suffered his first loss in the Eredivisie tonight after a disappointing performance.
Roda took the lead in the 15th minute, when Kristian Nemeth fired them into the lead. Nacer
Chadli pulled Twente back on level terms 7 minutes later, with a simple tap in from 6 yards. The sides
went in level at the break, but it didn't stay that way long into the 2nd half, as Zarko Grabovac scored what
turned out to be the winner in the 51st minute.

Wednesday 23rd October 2013
Grolsch Veste

Twente (1 - 1) Maccabi Haifa
Bjellend

This game was billed as the fight for 3rd place, but neither side could grab the advantage.
Andreas Bjellend put Twente in front after only 4 minutes, when he pounced on a loose ball from
a dangerous inswinging corner.
Twente Goalkeeper Renan, starting due to an injury too Mihaylov, had an absolute shocker, as he
spilled a soft header over the line to allow Maccabi to draw level.
Both sides were more concerned about commiting fouls in the 2nd half, rather than look for a
winner, so it was no surprise the game petered out in a draw.

View attachment 326689

Eredivisie
Sunday 27th October 2013
Grolsch Veste

Twente (0 - 1) Feyenoord

Twente were dealt a big blow tonight, as a tired side fell to their first loss at home.
Feyenoord's Jesper Juelsgard grabbed the vital goal in this top of the table clash, when he
beat the offside trap and rounded the keeper to score what could prove to be a decisive
goal in the title race later in the season.

Dutch Cup - 3rd Round
Wednesday 30th October 2013
Sportpark de Krom

Katwijk (2 - 3) Twente
N'Djeng(2), Chadli

Twente made hard work of this game, as they for the second time failed to raise
their level against an amateur side.
The Semi-Profeesional side went ahead in the 2nd minute much to the delight of the home crowd, but their
joy was short lived, as N'Djeng equalised in the 6th minute. It was N'Djeng again 5 minutes later that
put the Eredivisie side into the lead. The scoring wasn't done there though, as Katwijk equalised in the 35th minute
to send both sides in level.
Twente had to wait until the 92nd minute to seal the win, when Nacer Chadli fired in the winner to break the
hosts hopes of a lucrative replay.

View attachment 326700

Teddy: A disappointing month and I know if this sort of performance continue I will be facing the sack. Yannick N'Djeng has again be our star performer, but I know need my other players to step up and produce better performances, especially in the league, as we can't afford to slip too far behind. "

Tricky draw but Milan are dreadful so hopefully gives you the advantage in taking 2nd place! The league can change quickly keep the head up.

Status
Not open for further replies.