SuperMike

Reaction score
Hello everybody I have been lurking these forums for a while and recently decided to create an account and contribute, giving back what I have received.

As the title suggests through gradual tweaking and experimenting I have managed to put together a tactic that has gifted my successive promotions through the 'Vanarama Conference' 'League two' and League One'. Each season we have broke the record points and have broke the record for goals scored.

Along the way we have also performed well in tournaments leading to two 'Johnstone's Paint Trophy's' and the 'FA Carlsberg Trophy'. Although the majority of testing has been done lower down I am confident in the tactic working for stronger teams as well.

This formation was created during 15.1.3 but I have continued playing with it through 15.1.4 and have noticed no down turn in form which has encouraged me to take this project forward.

I must give praise to ChristianEriksen and Conn and a vast array of users on his thread. This tactic began using a version of Christians and I gradually tweaked and changed until it lost that identity and became something new. Each time a new release from different users became available I experimented and shamelessly stole.

The tactic itself is an attacking 5-2-3 that in attack looks like a 3-4-3 with three players always staying back to ensure that we always stand a chance against the counter while allowing our wingbacks to bomb forward and exploit the wings.

I believe this tactic works great for getting goals out of the striker which in many tactics can be problematic, I will provide a screen below to show the evidence of the goalscoring.

I will release two versions of this tactic, they differ only in 'team instructions' but it is enough to make one more forward thinking and the other more robust.

The shape looks like so:
View attachment 324343

Both version use this set up.

This tactic is complete with customised set pieces.

Below is the evidence of what I have claimed to 'Record Breaking'

Vanarama Conference
View attachment 324338

League Two
View attachment 324335
League One
View attachment 324332

Goalscoring Striker
View attachment 324331

Opposition Instructions

The credit for these Opposition Instructions goes to Conn. I have only slightly adapted these.

You will have to set these up yourself I am afraid but this what they look like:

View attachment 324329
View attachment 324327

In game team talks.

Start of match when favourites - Concentrate
Start of match when underdog - Encourage
After scoring - Concentrate
Beginning of second half when winning - Concentrate
If losing or drawing - Encourage
75 mins if winning - Tighten Up
75 mins if drawing or losing - Push Forward

Training

Individual Training

I train each individual by their role based on where I want them to play, and I do this on 'heavy'

I.E. Cech would be - Goalkeeper (Defend) - Heavy
Alberto Moreno - Complete Wing Back (Attack) - Heavy
Mirallas - Inside Forward (Attack) - Heavy

For the CM's and CB's train them where you think you will use them most. They aren't trained too differently so do not worry.

Team Training

Pre-Season

Team Cohesion - High

Match Tactics Only (Until Fluid)

Slider: 1 Click towards More Match training

During Season

Balanced - Average

Before winnable match - Attacking Movement
Before hard match - Defensive Positioning

Slider: Default.

Tick allow rest AFTER match
Untick allow rest BEFORE match

IMPORTANT: You Left fullback MUST take left corners
Your Right fullback MUST take right corners

Version 1 of the tactic I use most often for games in which I believe I am favourites or in a good position to get a result.
Version 2 I use when I know it will be a hard game.

If you are using Version 2 and are losing late on switch to version 1
If you are using version 1 and are winning and its close change to Version 2. If its comfortable change nothing.
Optional: After changing to Version 2 also change the mentality to Counter (You could train this as a third tactic)

Please feedback your results, let me know what happens. Question me. I will do my best to help you.

Version 1:
View attachment 324326
Version 2:
View attachment 324324

Once again thanks to Conn who went out of his way to test it and give it the green light.

Last edited:
what training do u use for this one?

For individual training I train by role and train heavy.

i.e. Goalkeeper (defend) - Heavy
Complete wing back (attack) - Heavy

Then for team training during season.

Balanced - Average
Then attacking movement before a winnable game
The Defensive positioning before a hard game

In the Off season I train
Team cohesion - High
Match tactics only.

I allow a rest AFTER match
I do NOT allow a rest before match.

Better put that in OP Mike, this question will come back to haunt you in you're dreams. i know what i am talking about...

For individual training I train by role and train heavy.

i.e. Goalkeeper (defend) - Heavy
Complete wing back (attack) - Heavy

Then for team training during season.

Balanced - Average
Then attacking movement before a winnable game
The Defensive positioning before a hard game

In the Off season I train
Team cohesion - High
Match tactics only.

I allow a rest AFTER match
I do NOT allow a rest before match.

Now included in the Opening post.

Thanks for the question gotlandskommun

And for the hint Conn and Sebastian

Seems like a really solid and good tactic. Unfortunately, I hate 5-2-3/5-3-2 tactics. So I am not going to try it. Good luck!

IMPORTANT: You Left fullback MUST take left corners
Your Right fullback MUST take right corners

How can I make sure that it's the FULLBACKS taking the corner not a certain player ?

I don't know if you understand the question but when I go to the set pieces page I can only choose the player name to take the corner not the player position

Corners set to go short, is this correct?

cant seem to score much from corners after latest update.

Better put that in OP Mike, this question will come back to haunt you in you're dreams. i know what i am talking about...

hey Conn, you should take a look a killer bee 442. its quite good but a bit leaky, maybe some tweaks and your OI coulb break the ME

How can I make sure that it's the FULLBACKS taking the corner not a certain player ?

I don't know if you understand the question but when I go to the set pieces page I can only choose the player name to take the corner not the player position

I just mean set it so that you know the player in that position will be taking it.

I.e if you right back is Zabaleta but Zabaleta first on the list
If you know that when Zabaleta is not at right back Sagna will be, have Sagna second on the list.

So yes you have to go certain player but do your best to ensure that they will take it.

cant seem to score much from corners after latest update.

I'm working on it. At the moment this is still scoring goals. And I am yet to find something better. When I do I will make changes.

Important to note that ANYONE can take the corner!!! Just make **** sure you replace that persons possition inside the penalty box with the LB.
If you have a 15+corner kicker as AP and a 5corner kick LB you do not want the LB to take the corners as its almost certain it would never lead to goal.

get it?

2 sum up, set strongest corner kicker to take corner, but make sure that position he has in set pices is swapped with the LB aka if hes on challenge keeper, make sure the LB is on challenge keeper (or do a swapperino to make sure you got a stong player to challenge keeper)

Last edited:
Just played first game with Dortmund in Champions League against Real Madrid. Used Version 2 since I wasn't favourite, went 3-0 inside 20 minutes. Finished 3-2 but overall I like what I see so far!

hands down best tactic i tried so far

kudos bro, real good work

for me so far works best if i just stay on defense position training all the way, attk movement doesnt do so well even against weaker teams

Mike,

Just F....ng amazing tactic!

First game, obviously not fluid (about 50% because my tactic is almost the same formation and some roles alike) and i completely erase the other and i was the underdog!

View attachment 324237

Nice!

I let you know how this seasons goes, I have Libertadores and Mexican league ahead of me.

Best Regards

Important to note that ANYONE can take the corner!!! Just make **** sure you replace that persons possition inside the penalty box with the LB.
If you have a 15+corner kicker as AP and a 5corner kick LB you do not want the LB to take the corners as its almost certain it would never lead to goal.

get it?

2 sum up, set strongest corner kicker to take corner, but make sure that position he has in set pices is swapped with the LB aka if hes on challenge keeper, make sure the LB is on challenge keeper (or do a swapperino to make sure you got a stong player to challenge keeper)

In this tactic the corners are short and the LB/RB are set to stayback . I have a 15+ taker on default. When I swap there position like you said the LB/RB become default with 15+ kicker taking the corner and no one stays back ?Confused ???