Sven eyes Liverpool Job

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 5K
I'm not retarded. I have the doctor's note to prove it.

I am sorry, he was appalling with England. The World Cup's were a joke. He was too laid back and obsessed with how he looked in front of the cameras. His substitutions were bordering on outrageous and he let the team control him.

Beckham, Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney were ALWAYS on the team, despite how **** they were playing. I would feel distraught for Liverpool if he joined.

Rant over.

No he didnt let the team control him. he just trusted them as adults to control themselves.

Beckham was england capt and awesome,

Rio got english player of 2 W/C cups under, sven. Rio was called to be dropped by many leading up to 2006. sven didnt drop and rio was awesome. Just like if Rio was fit this time round, capello would of playerd him no doubt.

Gerrard and Lampard in svens time, Nuf said. Gerrard for liverpool all them years, Lampard was top scorer in svens time for england. They can and will play together..

As you could even question Rooney? he was like a teenage to start with, and still was class.

ffs i hate when people say sven did a **** job, 3 consecutive quarter finals of a major tournament.

rant over

ffs i hate when people say sven did a **** job, 3 consecutive quarter finals of a major tournament.

Yeah, it's the taking part that counts :S

Yeah, it's the taking part that counts :S
Well you can hardly call him **** for not winning it. XD

Since 66 the best we have ever done was one semi final. Sven's results at tournament weren't that bad. They were a bit underwhelming because of the endless hype from the media about how this could be our year but thats not his fault.

The football was pretty bad and i don't think he's a great manager but i think some of the criticism he gets about his time as england manager is a bit harsh. He's nowhere near as bad as McLaren. XD at least we made it to the tournaments under sven. ¬_¬

We were not better than average under Sven tbh.

I'm not retarded. I have the doctor's note to prove it.

I am sorry, he was appalling with England. The World Cup's were a joke. He was too laid back and obsessed with how he looked in front of the cameras. His substitutions were bordering on outrageous and he let the team control him.

Beckham, Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney were ALWAYS on the team, despite how **** they were playing. I would feel distraught for Liverpool if he joined.

Rant over.

Pretty much the same with Capello, unless he's resting them, or they're injured. What's your point? Rooney isn't on his best form at the moment and he hasn't been dropped. Doesn't make Fabio a **** manager though.
Sven got us to 3 quarter finals out of 3. He also has the 4th highest win percentage of any England manager ever. Looking at that record, I don't see why he's being slated so much.

In a word. No.
He's a ****, plays ugly football, and is a tool.

Respect - my first thought on reading that particular bit of news was ' Oh God - no no no ! '.
He's only slightly better than his successor to the England job in my view

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Sven is just Benitez but with a stupider accent, got great record at other teams but Liverpool can do alot better.

Also why does Sven want out of the Ivory Coast job?

Cos he has fond memories of the stupidly large salaries he was on in this country

Respect - my first thought on reading that particular bit of news was ' Oh God - no no no ! '.
He's only slightly better than his successor to the England job in my view

Wikipedia said:
Notable feats as England manager
Germany 1–5 England World Cup qualifier 2001
England 1–0 Argentina 2002 World Cup
(highest ranking No.4 during World Cup 2006)

Managed to reach the quarter final in three consecutive tournaments (WC 2002, Euro 2004, WC 2006). No other European country achieved this during this period, and on an international level only Brazil. England was also, apart from Sweden, the only European country that did not suffer elimination from group play or failure to qualify during this time (2001–2006). Coincidentally, the same manager Luiz Felipe Scolari knocked England out of all three of these tournaments, first with Brazil and then twice with Portugal.

Achieved the highest point percentage in Major Tournament Matches of all time for an England manager.

Lost only 3 full-time competitive games and achieved top qualifying place in all three International tournaments during his five and a half years as England manager.

Rated by the FA as England's 2nd most successful Manager after Alf Ramsey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sven-Göran_Eriksson#Notable_feats_as_England_manager

Yeah. Sven's ****, ain't he?

yeah we know his record, whats your point? calm down you dont need to be defensive just cos he was as at city. no one said he was a **** manager, but he wasnt very good for england. the man is a vulture, he acheived well at benfica, but at lazio he spent over 350 million and the club nearly disappeared because of it. he plays dour football, with no personality, anfd often without the abilty to change it when the chips are down. not to mention the fact that he is the antithesis of want liverpool as a club are known for (attactive attacking good to watch football)

Erm, this is a bit strange - cheers for fighting the L4 corner & all that but you're a manc aren't you ?

Much though it pains me to say this but Liverpool have'nt played consistently attractive & effective attacking football since the early 90's. The Houllier & Benitez style of football was based on the rigid defensive counter-attack. Occasionally successfull but soul-destroying to watch

We Reds all long for someone in the Wenger mold - someone to bring back stylish, flowing, trophy-challenging stuff

Erm, this is a bit strange - cheers for fighting the L4 corner & all that but you're a manc aren't you ?

Much though it pains me to say this but Liverpool have'nt played consistently attractive & effective attacking football since the early 90's. The Houllier & Benitez style of football was based on the rigid defensive counter-attack. Occasionally successfull but soul-destroying to watch

We Reds all long for someone in the Wenger mold - someone to bring back stylish, flowing, trophy-challenging stuff
Benitez '06 - '09 was slow build up, and attractive football. He's a Manc, but he's one of the most down to earth Manc's i've seen.

rivalry only goes so far. i dont particularly want to see the demise of a footballing instittution. to be fair to benitez he did play some great football at times ( not this season). certainly more than what sven would bring. same with houillier. they attempted to try and play football at times. something cannot be said of sven

Sven won the UEFA cup, with GOTEBORG, who the **** are goteborg, i hadnt heard of them until i read that wikipedia page last night, seriously, his win ratio was 75 % at benfica, you cannot call him ****,

Sven won the UEFA cup, with GOTEBORG, who the **** are goteborg, i hadnt heard of them until i read that wikipedia page last night, seriously, his win ratio was 75 % at benfica, you cannot call him ****,
They're the Swedish team, aren't they? :P

Joe, stop going on, you like Sven, we don't. End of.

When he was at England he used to constantly bang on about a guy called "Win Rowney" being the future of English football. Who is this guy and where is he? oO)

Last edited:
sven hasnt achieved anything of note in club football for a decade. and again he is the opposite of what liverpool as a club are. and he is a vulture. its the worst possible combination.

Sven is a good manager as is pointed out he got England to three consecutive quarter finals which is actually pretty good. It's a shame you all call him ****. Do you just assume that England should win the World Cup? Hes not that different to Benitez in the way he sets up a team though so maybe hes not the best choice for Liverpool. But I dont really know what Liverpool fans thought of Benitez.

Sven is a good manager as is pointed out he got England to three consecutive quarter finals which is actually pretty good. It's a shame you all call him ****. Do you just assume that England should win the World Cup? Hes not that different to Benitez in the way he sets up a team though so maybe hes not the best choice for Liverpool. But I dont really know what Liverpool fans thought of Benitez.
what?! benitez doest pay the same kind of football as sven. and hes the worst choice for liverpool. i dont understand why people. he hasnt acheived anything of not in club football for a decade yet think he thinks he can turn the fortunes of liverpool round on a shoe string budget.

I don't reckon he is ****, he is an ok manager but not the type of man we need in charge of Liverpool. I for one really liked Benitez although I know about 40% of the fans didn't. He brought a Champions League and a final an FA Cup too and came close to the title the season before. I'd say more than a third of Liverpool fans now want to see Dalglish take charge of the club and I for one would like to Dalglish as manager. He'd bring a sort of calmness and stability to the club in my opinion whilst those clowns are doing whatever they're doing behind the scenes. I reckon if Kenny put himself in charge Gerrard would stay, Gerrard and Carragher really trust him. He is supposedly on his way to South Africa to tell them what is going on at the club and to assure them he has it all under control. Kenny would also play attacking football which is what Liverpool fans are hungry for.

Back