Sven eyes Liverpool Job

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 5K
We were not better than average under Sven tbh.
Yeah i agree, we were pretty much bang on average with sven. Take a look at our history in the world cup. Quarter finals is pretty much the average of how well we do. Sven got us there.

Not saying he should manage liverpool or he would do a good job just saying the people who bang on about how **** he was for england are talking ****.:P

Sigh, how is he ****, these are his honours

OMG he won FA Summer Tournement Liverpool have to sign him up now!

I think Sven is a good manager and you are all being very harsh and cruel. He was good for England and people forget that we were knocked out in the quarters in 2002 by Brazil who went on to win the world cup. We were also leading for most of that game but Seaman just had to come forward in that free kick. :(

Kenny would also play attacking football which is what Liverpool fans are hungry for.

You say you would like to see attacking football at Anfield, and obviously thats what all fans want, attacking football winning trophies but surely in Liverpool's current situation they do need someone of the Hodgson/Mourinho breed who perhaps plays slightly more dull but point effective football because frankly Liverpool need a good run in the Europa League and ideally to get back into the top 4.

I'm not saying that the "long ball" game is the only way to do well but (and please don't take offence to this cba with an arguement) I don't think the majority of Liverpool's players at the moment are good enough to effectively pass a team to death in the nature of Aresnal at their best.

Overall in my opinion Benitez style football might be Liverpool's best bet for the near future, although not under Benitez as the players seemed sick of the sight of him, as we might be seeing a big name exodus in the transfer window.

Discuss (A)

At the rate Liverpool are going they should take any manager and hope they are still in this division in 3 years if the yanks dont sell.
Yes I am serious

You say you would like to see attacking football at Anfield, and obviously thats what all fans want, attacking football winning trophies but surely in Liverpool's current situation they do need someone of the Hodgson/Mourinho breed who perhaps plays slightly more dull but point effective football because frankly Liverpool need a good run in the Europa League and ideally to get back into the top 4.

I'm not saying that the "long ball" game is the only way to do well but (and please don't take offence to this cba with an arguement) I don't think the majority of Liverpool's players at the moment are good enough to effectively pass a team to death in the nature of Aresnal at their best.

Overall in my opinion Benitez style football might be Liverpool's best bet for the near future, although not under Benitez as the players seemed sick of the sight of him, as we might be seeing a big name exodus in the transfer window.

Discuss (A)

You have a good point although long ball football is not the only way you can be a solid team with decent success. Tbh when we lost Alonso we lost near enough all of our passing prowess in the centre of the park but look at Manchester United. They don't have the most gifted passers in the world. Carrick possibly being the best of them yet they still play attractive, easy on the eye football and they are a world class team.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

At the rate Liverpool are going they should take any manager and hope they are still in this division in 3 years if the yanks dont sell.
Yes I am serious

That brought a lot to the discussion, thanks for that :D

You have a good point although long ball football is not the only way you can be a solid team with decent success. Tbh when we lost Alonso we lost near enough all of our passing prowess in the centre of the park but look at Manchester United. They don't have the most gifted passers in the world. Carrick possibly being the best of them yet they still play attractive, easy on the eye football and they are a world class team

Yeh your right about Man Utd actually, although Berbatov and Rooney are brilliant technically and quite alot of their play is using their wingers (and don't be offended) who I'd say are better than Liverpool's. I think the unknown quantity that is Aquilani could define next season for Liverpool as he looked very good in a few games and lost in others, it'll probably come down to how the next manager utilises him I suppose.

Also my question was rather would you rather Liverpool grind out next season and win most games by small margins but get 5th and possibly scrape 4th or rather throw caution to the wind with the obvious flaw that they just get undone on the counter attack. I know personally I'd like to see Aston Villa play more expansive football like Forest were playing at their peak last season as Villa can be a touch boring and I can't see us getting 4th for a long time now irrespective of how we play.

Yeh your right about Man Utd actually, although Berbatov and Rooney are brilliant technically and quite alot of their play is using their wingers (and don't be offended) who I'd say are better than Liverpool's. I think the unknown quantity that is Aquilani could define next season for Liverpool as he looked very good in a few games and lost in others, it'll probably come down to how the next manager utilises him I suppose.

Also my question was rather would you rather Liverpool grind out next season and win most games by small margins but get 5th and possibly scrape 4th or rather throw caution to the wind with the obvious flaw that they just get undone on the counter attack. I know personally I'd like to see Aston Villa play more expansive football like Forest were playing at their peak last season as Villa can be a touch boring and I can't see us getting 4th for a long time now irrespective of how we play.

United's wingers are much better than our own. Basically because we have no out and out wingers, Kuyt and Babel were converted from strikers to wingers, Benayoun is an attacking midfielder who mainly plays as a winger for us, the only out and out winger at Liverpool is probably Nabil El Zhar. Aquliani showed glimpses of a really good midfielder last season, mainly in the last 4/5 games and I for one would like him to stay at Liverpool (he already said he wants to stay, to repay the fans for their support). However both Fiorentina and Juventus are showing an interest and whoever takes charge could well choose to take 10/12 Million for him.

In response to your question is basically neither. I don't want to play this boring, slow build up game we have been playing for the last 10 seasons but as you said I wouldn't want us to go too attacking. I'd prefer an attacking game though. First things first though we need to keep our best players. We need to see what sort of squad we have next season before we decide on how we want to line-up. If we sell Torres and Gerrard and don't sign decent replacements, then yes I would prefer us to grind out results but hopefully our main players will stay.

United's wingers are much better than our own. Basically because we have no out and out wingers, Kuyt and Babel were converted from strikers to wingers, Benayoun is an attacking midfielder who mainly plays as a winger for us, the only out and out winger at Liverpool is probably Nabil El Zhar. Aquliani showed glimpses of a really good midfielder last season, mainly in the last 4/5 games and I for one would like him to stay at Liverpool (he already said he wants to stay, to repay the fans for their support). However both Fiorentina and Juventus are showing an interest and whoever takes charge could well choose to take 10/12 Million for him.

In response to your question is basically neither. I don't want to play this boring, slow build up game we have been playing for the last 10 seasons but as you said I wouldn't want us to go too attacking. I'd prefer an attacking game though. First things first though we need to keep our best players. We need to see what sort of squad we have next season before we decide on how we want to line-up. If we sell Torres and Gerrard and don't sign decent replacements, then yes I would prefer us to grind out results but hopefully our main players will stay.

I suppose too much relies on players coming and going at the moment, I just thought it was odd that so many Liverpool fans were shunning Sven for his negative football when I imagined that in the current state the fans would be more result driven and not worry as much about the way the points were earned. It'll be interesting to see who gets appointed as the owners are in a right state. Good luck in advance for next season (6)

I suppose too much relies on players coming and going at the moment, I just thought it was odd that so many Liverpool fans were shunning Sven for his negative football when I imagined that in the current state the fans would be more result driven and not worry as much about the way the points were earned. It'll be interesting to see who gets appointed as the owners are in a right state. Good luck in advance for next season (6)

It has just been season after season of slow boring football tbh, Liverpool fans want something different and more attacking. Thanks for the support mate :D

If you want fast, attacking football, Mark Hughes is the man, hodgson does not play fast attacking football, and O Neill, good god no

Yeah that's why we don't want either of them, I'd prefer others to Hughes as-well tbh. He's not a bad suggestion though, decent manager, good on a small budget and plays a nice brand of football. Whether the players would want him though is debatable, I am sure if Hughes was appointed Torres would almost certainly leave and there would be doubts over Mascherano, Gerrard, Aquilani etc.

I think gerrard and torres are going nowhere, but i could see mascherano leaving

I think Gerrard will leave and it will spark off a chain reaction of all the top players going.

Seriously? I've thought he's been bollocks all season :/

Everything you say about Liverpool is negative, are you sure your not a United supporter?
Yes, i am sure. I'm not going to lie to myself, even if it makes me feel better, i'll say the truth, no matter how i feel

to be honest its hard to see any good coming out the current situation. i think liverpool will lose the core of their team and wont get half the money back for replacement, they wont be able to ring in much new blood, which they will blame on rafa's previos management, and when it eventually goes **** up the new manager will get the blame

Back