Swansea City: Wales' Pride and Joy

Being a Jack myself I am totally enjoying this read hope it goes well for you
currently in my 3rd season with the Swans having gained promtion first time of asking and then finished 8th in my first season ion the premiership
Just finished my 3rd season and got 3rd place just losing out on winning the **** league :S

Still got Dyer , Pratley Bodde and Rangel in my first 11 (H)

Stories great so far mate, really like the layout ;)

also the Swansea Man Utd chain thing is one of the coolest things iv seen on a story! very original

LIKE IT!
Good Luck ;)

I havent really followed this thus far, but i just read through it and youve got some nice results, keep it up

Nice to see followers, cheers for lovely comments. Not really into FM at this moment in time but a new update should be soon.

Interesting so far Mike, even though Swansea ara top team irl they aren't the best in FM, they got relegated 1st season on my Swindon game.

Always had a soft spot for Swansea and really looking forward to you making this Welsh club European champions! :)

Looking forward in following this story.Good luck.

P.S.

Loved your Espanyol story to bits btw. (K)

December

View attachment 56839 Peterborough United, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 1-0 (Pratley)

You could argue that had Peterborough not have suffered the injuries that did occur they might have got at least a point out of this game. Swansea were truly dire against the team sat in 23rd in the league. Darren Pratley scored a long range effort after lurking outside the area from a corner, but if it wasn’t for the injuries and the heroic save from Dorus de Vries right at the death, the home side could have gotten something out of this match.

View attachment 56840 Plymouth Argyle, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 5-2 (Gower 3, Pratley, Beattie)

Winger Mark Gower featured in a five-star performance from Swansea City as they boosted their confidence ahead of the Nottingham Forest match. Nine minutes into the match, Gower scored his first of three with a solo run from the right and into the penalty area. He added his other goals later on 32 and 65 minutes. Both Darren Pratley and Craig Beattie scored in the second half to put the Swans 5-0 up with 10 minutes to go. Mackie and Duguid scored late on to reduce the deficit to three goals.

View attachment 56841 Nottingham Forest, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 0-0

A really bore draw took Swansea’s unbeaten run to eight games. They are doing well in the league and are currently 4th, but it didn’t reflect in this game as neither the Swans nor Nottingham Forest had the chances to put this game to bed.

View attachment 56842 Sheffield Wednesday, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 3-0 (Trundle 2, Kuqi)

Swansea City’s unbeaten run continues as they defeated Sheffield Wednesday away from home today. Lee Trundle got Swansea off to a great start after a powerful effort on 6 minutes. Veteran Shefki Kuqi doubled the lead just before half time. Less than ten minutes after the restart Trundle scored his second to complete the goalscoring on a fine afternoon for the visitors.

Christmas presents from Swansea City AFC!

Welsh outfit Swansea today confirmed the swap from Umbro to Nike in a mega-sponsorship deal. This came along with a brand new home and away strip and a new sponsor. 32RED.com was signed as the main shirt sponsor from the start of the season, but they have been dumped in favour of more-local Sinfonia Cymru, a Welsh opportunity for musically-talented youngsters.

The home kit features the traditional white and black colours, and the away includes the recent change to red whilst maintaining the home’s white and black trim.

swanseah.png
swanseaa.png

View attachment 56843 Reading, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 1-3 (Gower)

After a fantastic display of attacking football against Sheffield United, everybody expected Swansea to come out attacking away at Reading today. This turned out to be their greatest mistake. Mark Gower equalized right before half time after Noel Hunt put the home team ahead. After half time, a strike from Shane Long and a second for Hunt guaranteed Reading all three points on a disappointing Boxing Day out for City.

View attachment 56844 Crystal Palace, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-0 (Pintado, van der Gun)

Swansea City bounced back from their disappointing Boxing Day defeat with a solid performance against bottom club Crystal Palace. Gorka Pintado seized upon an error on 4 minutes to score a placed shot. With 20 minutes to spare, Cedric van der Gun scored an equally good goal to confirm Swansea’s win. The home side’s players played spells of great football and proved they were up with the best in the league.

Results

Four wins, a draw and a loss. Probably a fair month. Plenty of goals scored and kept conceded to a reasonable low. Definitely need to improve on goalkeeping area as Dorus de Vries’ below average performances have cost us a few goals, and also a few points.

View attachment 56845

Table

Still in fourth place after a few weeks of rising and falling. Still performing above expectations and looking more and more confident for a playoff place finish.

View attachment 56846

Well done mike.(A)

Hope you go up.:D

Gutted that obertan and diouf snubbed you.:'(

Well done mike.(A)

Hope you go up.:D

Gutted that obertan and diouf snubbed you.:'(

Thanks man, hope I do too. Gonna be a struggle to keep it up though I think.

I know, typical United... (K)

Only just seen this Mike, good luck, though I am sure you will not need it. I will be following.

i have to say that this is the best and i mean the best looking thread i have ever seen. i like everything about it, the webpage thing about the match, the result postings, and ur little thing on the bottom of ur comments. so good luck and continue the great work and i have to say very well done :)

I forgot it was you that is doing this story and haven't been reading at all so far, but read all of it up to now and you're doing well. ^^) Shame about Dyer, hopefully you can find someone on loan sooner than later.

Thanks for all the messages of support! :D

JANURARY 2010

Abu Bakr leaves club

abubakr.jpg

Swansea City becomes the first player to be sold under Michael Dale. Radhanfah Abu Bakr was let go on a free to AGOVV. Dale said that he had no intention to play the Trinidad and Tobago defender, nor did he want him to not play, so the best option for him was to move out.​

View attachment 59543 West Ham United, H; FA Cup – 0-1

Swansea City’s FA Cup journey came to an abrupt end at the hands of West Ham. Kieron Dyer’s headed goal on 56 minutes proved to be the winner, which adds to the blow as Swansea’s disappointing performance saw them dumped out of the cup early on.

View attachment 59544 Middlesbrough, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-2 (Cotterill, Bauza)

Guillem Bauza’s last minute goal saved Swansea’s playoff hopes as he drilled in a 10-yarder from a Cedric van der Gun cross. David Cotterill fired the Swans into the lead after half an hour, and at the break the away side looked comfortably ahead. Middlesbrough’s Josh Walker equalized with a fine effort on 54 minutes, then forward Scott McDonald shot the hosts in front with a powerful strike from the edge of the area. Guillem Bauza rescued a point for Swansea in the final minute.

Jordi Lopez snubs Norwich

26568568720808200923510.jpg

The Canaries’ renegotiated bid of £160K for Jordi Lopez was accepted by Michael Dale, only for the Spanish midfielder to reject the contract offer. He was disappointed that the talks didn’t go very well, and stated that in order for him to be interested in the switch, he’d expect a better weekly wage and a more lengthy contract.

He is expected to stay at Swansea for at least the rest of the season.​

View attachment 59545 Leicester City, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-0 (Beattie, Monk)

A game comfortably won by the Swans who are enjoying a fantastic home record, yet to be beaten. Craig Beattie’s goal on 12 minutes settled the nerves as Swansea went on to play good football, stringing neat passes together. The only other goal came after 68 minutes when Garry Monk powered in a header from a nicely delivered corner from 6 yards.

View attachment 59547 Coventry City, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 3-0 (van der Gun, Beattie)

Swansea City saw off this game in fashionable style, with Coventry manager Chris Coleman blasting the referee’s decision to give the home side two penalties. Winger Cedric van der Gun scored after only 4 minutes to give Swansea an early lead. After the break, referee Scott Mathieson gave the Swans a penalty – the correct call – only for van der Gun to hit the post. When the Dutchman met the ball to attempt a goal from the rebound, keeper Keiren Westwood fumbled van der Gun and Swansea were given another spot kick. Craig Beattie made no mistake. 22 minutes from time, van der Gun struck again to tie up the much-deserved result.

Pogatetz a target for Dale

pa8148468.jpg

After being asked about spending funds on new players, Swansea manager Michael Dale didn’t really see the need anymore to splash the cash. Winger Nathan Dyer is set to be out for another two months, and without a new signing, David Cotterill is set to fill the void until his comeback. He did state that centre half Emanuel Pogatetz would be a good addition to the squad as he is currently unhappy at Middlesbrough.

If Dale would like to see Pogatetz in a white shirt, a deal would have to come quick as he has received numerous offers from foreign countries to grab his signature.

QPR sack Harford

qpr.png

Right before Swansea’s away match with Watford, QPR released a damning statement saying that Swansea manager Michael Dale has agreed terms and is set to agree a contract with the London club. Dale has this to say:
“I am shocked that QPR, more Flavio Briatore, would even say this. I have no intention whatsoever to join QPR – I’d rather quit football altogether. I am genuinely ashamed.”
Dale’s verdict will settle nerves and surely please everybody involved with the club.​

View attachment 59548 Watford, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-1 (Bodde, Beattie)

A rare sight saw Ferrie Bodde on the scoresheet, but even rarer saw him in the opposition’s penalty area. After only 40 seconds, Bodde got the goal that opened the scoring. On-loan Henri Lansbury equalized after 10 minutes for Watford. Swansea found it hard to find their feet again, but against the run of play 4 minutes before half time, on-form Craig Beattie put the Swans back into the lead. The result would stay the same until the final whistle.

Results

A nice unbeaten month in the league for us – couldn’t have asked for much better. Shame we had to welcome a Premier League club in the FA Cup. I felt it was a competition in which we could have progressed a few rounds in.

View attachment 59549

Table

Climbed up to second on goal difference, yet seven points behind Newcastle in first place. I think looking at automatic promotion slots is more realistic than champions now.

View attachment 59550

Last edited:
Ahhh, that is the big question ;) You'll have to wait until the next update to find out I'm afraid (A)

Mike you *****, tell us XD

Joking, I love you really :wub:

I frankly love your layout too (H)

Ahh, thanks man :'( You'll all find out in due time :)

FEBRUARY

Double joy for Swansea

Swansea City were today reassured that Michael Dale will remain with them until at least the end of the season. He was believed to had said that his intentions were to get Swansea promoted and he isn’t going anywhere until that has been done.
With this news, the Swans have had exciting news that winger Nathan Dyer has finally started full training once again after a three month layoff. It is believed he won’t play yet until the end of February but he’s determined to pull through the injury quicker than thought.​

View attachment 59813 Preston North End, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-0 (van der Gun, Pratley)

Swansea City’s stunning home form continues as they beat a healthy Preston side 2-0 at the Liberty Stadium. Cedric van der Gun’s 9th goal of the season opened the scoring on the hour mark, and in-form Darren Pratley scored with 5 minutes to spare to close the game and see off another opponent in their quest for automatic promotion.

View attachment 59814 Crystal Palace, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-1 (Rangel, Beattie)

Crystal Palace gave Swansea City a tough time at Selhurst Park today. With the temperature at freezing (I don’t kid – it was actually 0°C) and the rain pouring heavily on this miserable Wednesday night, the most unlikely of scorers turned a few unconvinced faces into joyous ones. Angel Rangel surged forward and played a nice one-two with Craig Beattie and slotted into the net past the oncoming keeper. Assistant Craig Beattie got on the scoresheet only ten minutes later to see the score at half time 2-0 to Swansea. Danny Butterfield’s strike on 66 minutes was only a consolation goal.

Dale approached again

boltont.png

Michael Dale is proving to other teams that he is doing an immaculate job in south Wales, so much so Bolton have approached him with a contract offer after Owen Coyle lost his job. It is thought Dale will rush to sign a contract to manage in the Premier League – a lifelong dream.

‘I don’t want to leave!’

Michael Dale released this statement:

“I have no intention to leave Swansea. I didn’t come here to do a half a season job. I want Swansea in the Premier League, and I am not leaving the club until I do so. It might be this season, next season, 5 years’ time.. I will not step down to a stupid rush of blood and sign for a ‘bigger’ club when I intend to make Swansea the biggest Welsh club in history. I am publicly rejecting the move to Bolton and I am warning every other team who approach me in the same way to stay away as I’m a Swansea manager until I’m satisfied.”​

Swansea launch bid for youngsters

Swansea City have publicly bid for ASEC’s Serge Fofana. The full back has impressed scouts at the south Wales club and is thought to be listening to contract offers in the next few days.

The club have also enquired about Home Farm’s Simon Ferry, who, according to Dale, has massive potential and would be welcome to join Swansea. The price tag is thought to be around £200 for the 15 year old.​

View attachment 59815 Plymouth Argyle, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 4-2 (Williams, van der Gun, Cotterill, Doherty OG)

A spectacular performance by both clubs; you could argue Plymouth were unlucky to be a losing side. Ashley Williams climbed above everybody to head the first goal on 38 minutes. Only 3 minutes later, Mackie got the equalizer. Cedric van der Gun and David Cotterill put the Swans 3-1 up before Kenny Cooper pulled one back for the hosts, but the away side ensured the win after forcing Gary Doherty to put one into his own net with 25 minutes to go. This takes Swansea’s win record to six on the bounce, and pushes them to the top of the league.

Ferry put on hold, Fofana snubs Wales

After two of the most promising stars today were bid for, both moves were rejected. Simon Ferry chose to stay at Home Farm for another season before thinking of taking one huge step up to the Champinoship, and Serge Fofana declined interest in moving to Swansea and decided to sign for Borussia Monchengladbach instead.​

View attachment 59816 Derby County, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 1-0 (Trundle)

Swansea are showing signs of great improvement away from home, and it didn’t end here where they beat Derby at their home ground. It was another tale of penalty decisions where Swansea were given one and Derby not. Lee Trundle made no mistake from the spot as the away side edged a narrow 1-0 win.

Watford want Dale

watfordf.png

Watford become the latest team to want Swansea manager Michael Dale. He instantly declined the move and isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Match Update​

View attachment 59817 Peterborough United, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 3-1 (Williams, Pratley, Beattie)

The win was there for Swansea on a plate to maintain their stay at the top of the table. Ashley Williams scored a 35 yard scorcher after Bodde lay him on perfectly. Darren Pratley doubled Swansea’s lead with an equally good strike with a curling effort from 25 yards. Striker Beattie closed the scoring with a header from a corner on 53 minutes. It has to be noted that straight from the kick-off, Craig Mackail-Smith scored from the centre spot!

Results

A full house for this month, and how pleased I am. Beattie seems to be scoring for fun lately, and a few unlikely goalscorers with it. Couldn’t be happier with the lads.

View attachment 59818

Table

Sitting at the summit, just what I like to see. Couldn’t be prouder with the position. Thankfully, Newcastle have drawn and lost a few games this month and we’ve taken advantage.

View attachment 59819