Swansea City: Wales' Pride and Joy

doing a sterling job mate. I've only just noticed this story and I'm very impressed. I loved the link image and am enjoying the amount of detail that you put into it. KUTGW - im now following

An update is coming right now (well in about half an hour after I've done everything!) then hopefully - can't promise anything! - a match-by-match update of the run-in for the league. That might come tomorrow night though.

Keep a watch out ;)

I shall look forward to it pal!

MARCH

Dale wins Manager of the Month

mom.png

During February, Swansea did not drop a single point in the Coca-Cola Championship and is no doubt down to Michael Dale’s tactics mastermind. He is said to be delighted with the first one and hopes many more follow.​

View attachment 60555 Nottingham Forest, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 0-0

David McGoldrick missed a crucial penalty in the 70th minute for Nottingham Forest and cost them all three points at the City Ground. Nathan Dyer started for Swansea in his first game for over four months. He’s said to be delighted to returning to first team action and can’t wait to play again. 28,030 fans watched this 0-0 bore draw.

View attachment 60556 Sheffield Wednesday, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 3-0 (Dyer, Beattie, Bodde)

Nathan Dyer starred in a fantastic match for the Swans as he came out with the Man of the Match award in his first start at the Liberty since being injured. He scored, too, after 25 minutes to open the account for the day. Beattie doubled the lead only 5 minutes later. Ferrie Bodde’s third goal of the season completed the scoring before half time, and the game ended 3-0.

View attachment 60557 West Bromwich Albion, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-2 (Trundle, Dyer)

It seems Swansea had missed young starlet Nathan Dyer as he again scored in yet another thrilling match. Chris Wood got the game and excitement underway with a headed goal on 7 minutes. Confusion led to a penalty on 20 minutes which Lee Trundle tucked away perfectly. Dyer scored with 20 minutes to go, but on 88 minutes, Andwele Slory powered in an equalizer to steal a late point in their quest for promotion.

View attachment 60558 Queens Park Rangers, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-1 (Beattie, Tate)

Swansea were very fortunate to beat QPR at Loftus Road today as they came back from a 1-0 deficit – Kaspars Gorkss scored after only 100 seconds. City’s top scorer Craig Beattie strikes again and equalized 20 minutes later. A double substitution at half time saw Dyer replacing Beattie and moving to the wing, and Cotterill moving to the attacking midfield position. Alan Tate scored the winner from the penalty spot with 6 minutes remaining to win the match. QPR had two disallowed goals prior to the penalty, and one cleared off the line.

View attachment 60559 Blackpool, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-0 (Beattie, Tate)

Swansea left it very late to secure three points in today’s end-to-end stuff. The game looked to be ending in a stalemate before Craig Beattie scored on 85 minutes to put the Swans ahead. Alan Tate scored his second penalty in as many games on 90 minutes to confirm the win and end any thoughts of a Blackpool goal and comeback.

Swansea secure playoff spot

cccuy.png

After Swansea City’s 2-0 win over Blackpool, the confirmed themselves a guaranteed opportunity to win promotion, and are the first to do so. Swansea can no longer finish below 6th place at the end of the season. There are 7 games remaining.​

View attachment 60562 Ipswich Town, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-0 (Kuqi, Pratley)

Striker Shefki Kuqi scored his first goal in over an amazing 18 hours of football in the 33rd minute, and it was a fine goal too – a nicely placed shot from 18 yards. Darren Pratley scored a penalty in the 86th minute to claim the game for the Swans in a match where the opponents didn’t show up at all. Swansea have set their sights for the league already, and with performances like this they really deserve it.

APRIL

View attachment 60563 Cardiff City, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-2 (Beattie, Gower)

Both Cardiff City and Swansea City turned on the heat in this pressure-filled match at Cardiff City Stadium. With the Swans sitting prime in the league and Cardiff in the bottom half, everybody knew this was going one way, and that was in Swansea’s favour. But that never happened.

Craig Beattie’s goal on 11 minutes started a thrilling match, and from then on Swansea fans knew only one thing. Little did they know on-loan Kelvin Etuhu was to equalize only 4 minutes later. The rest of the half was probably the best first half any game had seen for a while.

With much said at half time from both teams, it was out again to try and get three points. While Nathan Dyer and David Cotterill were in the stands with a broken nose and fractured ribs respectively, stand-in right winger Mark Gower knew he had to impress, and he did just before the hour mark with a well taken goal.

All seemed well and the match truly over when the added-on time board went up – three minutes.

94 minutes – Cardiff City equalize. And in the most disastrous fashion for any Swans fan.
Garry Monk conceded a free kick immediately before the 18 yard line. As Ross McCormack lined up the free kick, the tension – the heart-stopping – could be heard. He struck the ball fiercely, ricocheted off Swansea’s Darren Pratley’s head and beyond the ground-stuck Dorus de Vries.

Heartache.

Cardiff City 2 – 2 Swansea City – a fair result.​

View attachment 60564 Scunthorpe United, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 1-1 (Kuqi)

Everybody in the ground expected a rout when 11th place Scunthorpe conceded in the very first minute – Shefki Kuqi with a powerful header after 35 seconds. Nothing really happened after this except for Craig Beattie’s injury after 27 minutes: he’d be out for a further 3 weeks with a groin strain. Salomon Olembe’s equalizer on 67 minutes proved to be the last goal of the game as Swansea drop yet more points. They remain in first place after Newcastle’s fourth defeat of the season.

‘The heat is on’ – Dale

Swansea City manager Michael Dale has admitted that his tactical prowess is being matched by Newcastle and West Brom. All three teams are in contention for the league, all guaranteed at least a playoff place. Swansea sit atop the lot on 93 points, Newcastle just behind with 92, and West Brom third with 91 points. It really is anyone’s game.​

“All three teams are playing really well. Our form has dropped in the past few matches but I’m sure we can fix that. We have a tough run-in – Bristol and Sheffield United away, and Barnsley and Doncaster at home. None certainly an easy game. I think if you look at the games all three have us left then it really will come down to the last game. The pressure is on everybody, but a title win will be special for us, Newcastle and West Brom.”

The title run-in

swansearunin.png
newcastlerunin.png
westbromrunin.png

Results

Very impressed. Our unbeaten run is still on the go. Would have preferred all three points at Cardiff and Scunthorpe, but you can't win them all.

View attachment 60565

Table

Only a point in front, but still at the top. Getting very close, with the season almost over. I believe we can stay there, but we have to prove that we are Premier League-worthy and win the Championship!

View attachment 60566

Go on Mike, get them to the big time. :D

Great update and I love the bit with all the teams fixtures! I will have to try that one where it is relevant if I may! You are doing really well and I hope to god that you get thet League win.

Well mike it appears that you are doing fabulously, hope you go up

Thanks all, unfortunately the run-in updates will be tomorrow night as I'm quite tired and I have work in the morning. Will play one or two matches tonight but as I said updates tomorrow.

Thanks again for the support. :$

Good luck mate been following. shame about the 2 Plymouth resaults tho:p

Lol I knew there's be one hanging about ;)

Updates shortly. Banging headache so might not be well-thought or descriptive.

# # # # #

End of April

Pressure gets to Swans

vsbristol.png

When everything seemed to have settled down, and with Swansea’s ever-impressive unbeaten run looking to further on, all came to a standstill. Swansea haven’t particularly impressed on the road this season and that carried on today away at Bristol City.

The Swans’ unbeaten run of 19 games came to an abrupt halt after they suffered a major 3-2 loss at the hands of the Robins. No later than 22 seconds were Swansea one-nil down to a well-struck Nicky Maynard drive. Swansea’s Shefki Kuqi and Darren Pratley’s goals either side of half time saw the side 2-1 up. David Clarkson missed a crucial penalty in the first half but made up for it with his goal in the second, and Maynard’s second of the match destroyed the away team.

Bristol City 3 – 2 Swansea City | Newcastle United 2 – 1 Blackpool | Doncaster 2 – 1 West Brom

At the top

table1n.png

Swansea City take a huge step down to second place following their defeat to Bristol City on the weekend. Newcastle’s late cameo in their match against Blackpool sees them top replacing the Swans, while West Brom remain in third after seeing themselves 2-1 losers versus Doncaster. It’s still anybody’s game with three matches remaining, though West Brom are 4 points behind the leaders.

One step back, one step forward as hard work pays off

vsbarnsley.jpg

Everything returned to how it should be with Swansea but the result didn’t come in any easy fashion. Barnsley equalized through Daniel Bogdanovic on 64 minutes after Man of the Match Lee Trundle drove Swansea forward and got a goal on 20 minutes. Swansea made very hard work of the game and Barnsley, and with seconds to go on-loan David Gray scored after a mix-up following a corner to send the fans into ruptures. It must be noted, too, that Trundle’s goal was Swansea’s 100th in the league this season.

All congratulations to Newcastle who sealed promotion following their win against Plymouth.

Swansea City 2 – 1 Barnsley | Plymouth 0 – 1 Newcastle United | West Brom 0 – 1 Middlesbrough​

Keep it up Mike, we're all right behind you (no ****). :$

Thanks Max, I'm sure you are. Things getting hot now XD

# # # # #

Swansea promoted in style!

celebrate.jpg

It was six of the best on an unexpected afternoon in Sheffield as Swansea hit the Blades hard after a 7-match unbeaten streak. Garry Monk misses the last two games of Swansea’s title quest due to an injury sustained in training. The score was actually 0-0 at half time with the match looking to be heading for a ghastly draw, but with goals from Pratley, Dyer, Kuqi (2), Cotterill and Trundle, the Swans made promotion look easy. Let the party begin!

Newcastle are yet to win the title. Swansea did enough to keep the heat up. A draw will not do for the Toon if Swansea are to win next weekend because of the latter’s major goal difference over them, so both teams are looking for three points. Who the champions will be is anyone’s guess!

Sheffield United 0 – 6 Swansea | Newcastle United 2 – 0 Ipswich Town​

Sheff Utd's half time team talk was clearly fantastic.

Um.. Mike? Can I just say, the layout is the ***. That is all (A)

Nice work Mike ;)

Awesome win versus Sheffield United, shame Newcastle pipped you to first place, still time to win it back though :)

Coca-Cola Championship Winners

Swansea beat Doncaster; Newcastle tie at QPR

swans1l.jpg

There were incredible scenes at the Liberty Stadium when the announcer said ‘Newcastle have only managed to draw against QPR – Swansea are the Championship winners!’ Nathan Dyer scored after four minutes to send the hopeful Swans fans mad. By half time, both Swansea and Newcastle were in the lead by two goals to nil in their respective matches - Craig Beattie scored the Swans’ second.

What followed was just incredible.

After Pancrate and Lovenkrands’ early goals for the Toon, it was set to be disaster for all South Wales fans. Rowan Vine pulled one back for QPR, minutes before Maxim Bordachev equalized. The game would remain 2-2, so too the score at Swansea. The referee blew his whistle... I think the only way to describe the scene is ‘crazy’.

Swansea City win the Coca-Cola Championship – call them lucky, but Swans fans knew they’d do it!

swans2.jpg
swans3.jpg

Well done Mike, good luck in the Prem. :)