Swansea City: Wales' Pride and Joy

Well done Mike :)

Rowan Vine :wub:

Great stuff pal. Will be following you in the premiership, hope you do well :)

End of season

As the players all go off on their official holidays, it is time to reflect back on the season we’ve just had. We started off very well, ending August in fourth place which is where I was aiming for at the end of this season. A good win away at Leicester was what we needed to kick-start the campaign. A win against Middlesbrough followed, then a couple of draws, and another win. We played very good football after that – a few great wins, a tough defeat at home to Bristol City who eventually did the double over us, and top spot at the end of September. We were pretty much the most consistent team at that point. We had an incredible run of 19 games unbeaten in the middle of the season which upped our motivation and also our expectations.

Making no signings in January was solely my decision – I felt we had enough quality AND quantity to perform well and consistently throughout the campaign. It proved to be a good call as not only did we keep the bank budget but also morale and respect. Everybody showed they deserved a place in the first team, and those who were selected proved it and gave something back to the fans.

Winning the league is an incredible feeling. I didn’t have much success as a player, but to come and manage my local club and guide them to the Premier League is just fantastic. I hope it’s only now we don’t get too ahead of ourselves and keep a tight defence in order to stay up next season.

I would finally like to thank the fans – they’ve been through it all this season! – and my followers who I’m sure will be following next season!

Congratulations Mike, Fully Deserved.

You'll be winning the Prem next ;)

good luck, prem will be hard, try and sign albin and hart, did very well for me with cardiff

Love this story, great layout and well done on getting to the prem. :)

Congratulations mate on promotion!

Best of luck in the Premier League!

Pre-Season

Swansea awards

Top Goalscorer: Craig Beattie, 27.
Most Assists: Darren Pratley, 22.
Man of Match: Craig Beattie, 7.
Yellow Cards: Darren Pratley, 9.
Red Cards: David Gray, 1.
Average Rating: Darren Pratley, 7.47.

Fans’ Player of the Year: Darren Pratley.

Season Awards

Top Goalscorer: Yannick Djalo, Newcastle – 32; Craig Beattie, Swansea; Simon Church, Reading – 27
Manager of the Year: Michael Dale, Swansea. Runner up: Brian McDermott, Reading.
Team of the Year: Angel Rangel, Darren Pratley. Subs: Craig Beattie, Lee Trundle.

Gray loan finishes

David Gray has thanked Swansea manager for nothing as he returns to parent club Manchester United. Gray was moved to the Welsh club on linking with United in order to help with the Swans’ push for promotion. The fullback was only used three times in the whole season and did score one vital goal on their way to becoming champions, but is glad he’s returned to his former club.​

“I wasted my time at Swansea. I could have been stuck in the reserves at United and enjoyed more. I couldn’t celebrate one bit when I scored that goal – I was so depressed at not playing for months that I just couldn’t enjoy!”

Trundle to wave goodbye

Lee Trundle is set for another emotional exit at Swansea as he admits the Premier League may be too much for him. The Bristol City loanee stated that he’s enjoyed his second stay in Wales, but his time is coming to an end and will be of no help.​

# # # # #

Pre-Season

Transfer news

obinna280x390567033a.jpg

After gaining promotion to the Premier League, Swansea City manager Michael Dale has already mentioned a couple of transfer targets. Inter Milan striker Victor Obinna is one of the targets – his contract runs out at Malaga in a week or so and he’s already said he’d enjoy a move to England.

kirkland.jpg

The second target is recently-relegated Chris Kirkland. Dorus de Vries was the weak link in Swansea’s team on numerous occasions leading to their promotion and Dale insists he needs somebody more consistent to play between the sticks. He’ll come at no cheaper than £9M.

‘We can avoid the drop’ – Dale

Swansea boss Michael Dale thinks he can safely avoid relegation this season despite being in their first Premier League campaign. Many believe Swansea’s lack of experience may cost them dearly, but Dale thinks otherwise.​

“We have plenty of quality amongst the team, and to stay in the Premier League next season will be a dream come true. We can stay up, definitely. We just need to keep a cool head and a solid defence to keep the big guns out. Many teams proved they can even beat the ‘Big Four’ last season, so that’s something positive to look at.
I’ve set my sights on a few people to bring in, and to actually welcome them to the club will be a huge boost to us as a team.”

Obinna rejects City, Painter leaves, Dale earns new contract

After being offered a contract worth £20K a week, Inter’s Victor Obinna rejected the move as Swansea ‘didn’t have the right reputation’. The team are newly promoted to the Premier League and Obinna stated they must prove their worth before he considers a move there.

Marcos Painter moves to Leicester City on a free after a season out on loan at Brighton. His contract ran out last week.

The news all Swansea fans have been waiting for – Michael Dale has earned himself a new contract. The Welshman put pen to paper to a brand new £10,250 contract, a huge 394% rise from his previous season’s wage. He’s said to be delighted with the news, and has signed until 2014.​

Another great update, best read on the site. Keep it up. :)

Another great update, best read on the site. Keep it up. :)

Cheers Sam :$ more updates soon.

# # # # #​

July

Swansea get their men

pauldixon.jpg

Aberdeen left back Paul Dixon has agreed a contract with Swansea. The 23-year-old Scot will join immediately and will replace Alan Tate at left back, whilst Tate moves back into the centre with Ashley Williams.

freddieljungberg1.jpg

Experienced winger Freddie Ljungberg has also joined Swansea. The former Arsenal and West Ham player couldn’t wait to get started in Wales and hoped to toughen up the Swans’ squad.

40487051kirkland.jpg

Chris Kirkland arrived at Swansea City with great hopes and is glad to still be in the Premier League. Relegation with Wigan was the worst feeling he’d ever had, but to be re-signed by a top-flight team makes up for the disappointment.

Bessone leaves club

article122111306dc13020.jpg

After a very disappointing season with the Swans, full back Federico Bessone has left the club. He stated that his footballing career was away from the South Wales club as he is listed as not needed. He decided to walk away, and is still yet to find a club.​

Mate, excellent layout and a brill read. For this story im a mini Swansea fan :) Good luck in Prem....

For those who are following:

I will not be updating as much and as quickly from now, as I have really important work coming on, and doing other stuff too. But it will be continuing :)

Argh, more crisis!

Laptop has failed on me and is not functioning whatsoever, and the PC I am temporarily on doesn't have my FM installed, so this story is now over until my laptop is fixed. Don't know how long that will be, but I hope it's not long :S

Swansea pay tribute to young Austrian

idrizaj.jpg

Officials, staff, players and fans today paid tribute to the young Besian Idrizaj, who sadly passed away on Saturday. Although the Austrian wasn’t in manager Michael Dale’s first team plans, he did think highly of Idrizaj.

When I received the phonecall off the medical staff at Cardiff Hospital, I knew it was going to be bad news because I wasn’t already aware a player of ours was admitted. I was first told that they had a young Austrian by the name of Idrizaj, Besian in one of the wards. I was then told about his health before mentioning that he suffered a heart attack in the early hours of the morning on Saturday. Thankfully, it occurred during his sleep, so the boy went in peace.

This is truly a saddening occasion for everybody involved with not only Swansea, but the footballing world itself. Besian had been around at a few clubs so I expect full respect from every team in the near future.
”​

* Date of death purposely left out due to different times between Football Manager and reality.

Good tribute there and a great end to a great story!

My laptop has been sent away (finally) and should be back soon. I just hope to God that FM and this save is still on it!