Swansea Treble First Season (Sumthin's 4-2-3-1)

akash777

Reaction score
This tactic is for patch 12.2.2 - but works on older patches.

Presentation

Hello everyone, this is my latest tactic. It's is the tweaked version of my previous tactic. And a lot of work has been put into it to repair the complains of goals conceded. I have done a lot of changes namely, mentalities, closing down and marking of the CBs, Fbs, DMs, Wingers and the Strikers.
I hope I have done justice to all those who looked forward to it with an amazing tactic!

The Tactic

Formation: 4-2-3-1
The tactic aims to not let the opponents have CCC while creating CCC by quickly counter attacking.
For this reason pacey players are needed in the sides and in the striker role.

Results

Swansea:
(won the incredible treble 1st season)

Manchester United
(only tested for 23 league games)

Barcalona
(short test to see the results with an amazing team)

Suggested Player types:
(the attributes in green are secondary - good to have, not compulsory)
(the suggested PPMs are in red - recommended to get ultimate benefits)

Goalkeeper:
Attributes: Reflexes, handling, aerial ability, rushing out and one on ones

Full Backs:
Attributes: Stamina, pace, accelaration, marking, tackling, anticipation, positioning, jumping and crossing

Centrebacks:
Attributes: Jumping, strength, anticipation, positioning, marking, tackling, acceleration, determination, bravery and concentration
PPMs: Play simple passes

Defensive Midfielders:
Attributes: Stamina, anticipation, tackling, determination, work rate, strength, passing, creativity and jumping
PPMs: Try killer balls often

Playmaker (AMC):
Attributes: Passing, creavitity, long shots, finishing, technique, flair, off the ball, first touch, teamwork and strength
PPMs: Tries killer balls often, dictates tempo, comes deep to get ball, arrives late in opposition area and look for pass rather than attempt to score (if finishing and long shots are low)

Wingers:
Attributes: Pace, accelaration, off the ball, dribbling, finishing, first touch, technique, long shots, anticipation, compusure, agility, teamwork and crossing (if playing non inverted)
PPMs: Cut inside, move into channels, break offside trap, try killer balls often, run down right/left and look for pass rather than shoot (if finishing is poor and playing out'n'out winger)

Striker:
Attributes
: Pace, accelaration, finishing, anticipation, compusure, off the ball, agility, long shots and strength
PPMs: Looks to beat offside trap, moves into channels and places shots

Match Preparation:

• [*=center]Pre-season - 3 days before league start: Very High focus on Teamwork
    [*=center]3 days before league start - tactic is fluid: Very High focus on Defensive Positioning
    [*=center]Rest of Season: Low or Average focus on Defensive Positioning

IMPORTANT TIPS! (read these):

• Put RB mentality up one click
  • Put AM to full creative freedom and mentality and highest level of short passing-right before it turns mixed.
  • Put DM's mentality down by one notch and try tight man marking on them(2nd part has not been extensively tested.)
  • The Striker and the Wingers need to be FAST!
  • Tick Use Playmaker (Team Instructions) and add AMC to playmaker list (in the setpieces tab)
  • Pitch size: Maximum
  • Opposition Instructions: No, I didn't use any. I recommend everyone to do the same.
  • Play inverted wingers (right foot on left side - left foot on right side)
  • ^ Traditionally wingers should work too (not tested thoroughly, but the wingers need to be very speedy ones)
  • Rest all players for 2 days in between games
  • ^ Rest all players for 1 day if the game is in 2 days.
  • Have decent backups for your DMs and FBs - because their stamina will be drained
  • Select AML to take throw-ins from left and AMR from the right
  • Make sure the corner taker is one of players staying back
  • Tweak your defensive setpieces
  • Play DM on side which is the same as the preferred foot (right foot on DMCR - left foot on DMCL)
  • ^ If both DMs are right footed, play the better creativity passer on DMCR (vice versa for the left footed DMs)
The TeamTalk Guide!
(my own experience)

>>Before Games!<<

1st scenario: Favourites to WIN:
(assistant says we are expected to win)

HOME AND AWAY:
Aggresively: Expect a win
Calmly/Passionately: Have Faith on all the players who did not react.

2nd scenario: Equal Opponents
(assistant says we should ask them to do this for the fans etc.)

HOME:
Assertively/Passionately/Calmly:Expect win (the less chances you believe you have, the lower you go down the list)
Calmly/Passionately: Have Faith on all the players who did not react.

AWAY:(mix and match - try this at times for home games if team doesn’t react to the home one)
Passionately: For Fans (most won't react)
Calmly: Have Faith on all the players who did not react (and they will react then)

3rd scenario: Expected to LOSE:
(assistant says no one expects anything)

HOME:
Cautiously: For The Fans
Calmly: Have Faith on all players who did not react well

AWAY:

Cautiously: No Pressure
Calmly: Have Faith on all individual players

>>Half Time (Most Important)!<<

1st scenario: Drawing or Losing

Aggresively: Expect Better for the whole team
Calmly: Have Faith on all players who did not react well and played ok around higher 6.
Calmly: Happy for players who are playing with confidence or doing well above 7 and got angry.
Calmly: Dissapointed: For players who were playing poorly and did not react below 6.5.

2rd scenario
:
Winning by one goal margin

Calmly: Expect Better for the whole team.
Cautiously: Have Faith on all players who did not react well and played ok around higher 6.
Cautiously: Happy for players who are playing with confidence or doing well above 7 and got angry.
Cautiously: Dissapointed for players who were playing poorly and did not react below 6.5.

3nd scenario: Winning by more than one goal

Cautiously: Avoid Complacency and it can change any moment for team.
Cautiously: Have Faith on all players who did not react well and played ok around higher 6.
Cautiously/Calmly: Happy With Performance for players who are playing with confidence or doing well above 7 AND GOT ANGRY.
Cautiously: Dissapointed for players who were playing poorly and did not react below 6.5.

>>Full Time!<<

1st scenario: Win

HOME: Calmly: Good Win
AWAY: Passionately: Good Win

2rd scenario: Draw

Good Performance (against better quality opposition):
Calmly: Unlucky or Great Effort

Bad Performance (match expected to win)
Assertively: Poor performance

3nd scenario: Loss

Aggresively: Poor Performance

Player Interaction: (after every game)
Cautiously: Passing was good with rating above 7.8.
Assertively: Passing was poor with rating below 6.8.

TACTIC LINKS:

1.MY VERSION WITH NEW DEFENSIVE CORNERS:
http://uploading.com/files/fa8bfm55/...2BVERSION.tac/
http://www.4shared.com/file/ijRn6rLk...T_VERSION.html

2.MY VERSION WITH PREVIOUS CORNER ROUTINE:

Download 4-2-3-1 v3.tac for free on uploading.com
4-2-3-1 v3.tac - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

New tactic + Screenshots on page 65 and 66.

- Layout/design done by user Malle

Last edited:
City on 10th. LOL! Anyway, nice tactic, gonna give it a try.

Cheers,do leave feedback as to how it can be improved etc.how you concede and if you tweak anything to make it better,what you tweak.

Put him also on the dutch forum, so proberly going to get much feedback(i hope)
just had a terrible december month lost 6 game's in a row, but that's to blame on the players, terrible wingbacks en defenders

putting screens later today

I would like to thank all the people that helped me test the tactic,especially the ones who offered me constructive advice such as potsy,intensa,daves,chanty,joustar and all the others such as blaze95 and fantasma and all the others that I dint mention,sorry mates,i deleted your inbox a few mins ago and so lost all the names.Would love it if you all showed your test results here so that I could mention you here.THANKS A LOT TO ALL OF YOU,without whom it would have been impossible to make this better then the rubbish it was in the beginning.

(Sorry for my English, I’m French but I treat myself)
I use this tactic for several game (and tested also), and the results are very good.

It is much more offensive than the version with a 1 DM and 2 CM. ( 12.2 tweaked further XP, previous version) So do not forget to change between those tactics on teams you face or if you want control the middle during a match

Don't Forget :

* You need to have 2 fast FB
* 2 fast Winger and good finishers
* Your DM's need to be very strong because they must cover a large part of the pitch
* A very very good AMC, because he is one who can save the game !!! (In my save, i've got E.Hazard)

One thing i've tried sometimes. If your AMC is not doing a good match (agasint Strong opponents DM for example), try do put "Run from Deep" on Rarely.
This will bring it down to win the ball and give him the opportunity to go alone or find players deep.

Here some results (Tactic start against CSKA Moscow) :

Thanks to Mr.Hough who have made a solid base

is the opponent dominating the games or are you being desperately unlucky?as the scoreline suggests you are having close games.I think ur team got cocky,after the good season and hence the sudden downfall in fortunes.
DURING BEGINNNING OF MANAGERIAL REIGN,put all team talks to cautious tone,seem to listen more,once you are winning a few,then change to these.
HERES WHAT I USE TO MOTIVATE:
beginning:
AGG-EXPECT WIN(HOME FAVOURITES/MARGINAL FAVOURITES)
and then PASSIONATELY OR ASSERTIVELY I HAVE FAITH ON THEM) for all players one by one
PASSIONATELY-FOR THE FANS-(AWAY FAVOURITES)----this I'm having trouble with-my worst games are these games.
and then CALMLY OR PASSIONATELY I HAVE FAITH ON THEM one by one.
And if you are zero favorites:CALMLY OR CAUTIOUSLY-no pressure and then then calmly or assertively or passionately have faith on individuals.

HALFTIME-if we are winning by 1 goal or drawing or loosing-AGGRESIVELY much better,and then passionately have faith on players that react badly.
if we are winning by more than 1 goal,cautiously-dont get complacent,and then passionately have faith on players that react badly.
AND NO PRESSURE CAUTIOUSLY OR CALMLY FOR NERVOUS PLAYERS.

Fulltime-aggresively-much better if lost or drawn on game where we were favorites.and if we were were not favorites,still the same.
passionately-well done-if good win and away from home
calmly-well done-if home game win.
ad for all full-time,passionately or calmly did well for all the others that played well and dint react.

and here are my latest swansea updates,as you can see started conceding less,happens as you get used to the tactic.And one draw against league bottom aston villa was where i dominated them.View attachment 237594View attachment 237595

Last edited:
Agree with Sumthin

Maybe you could try 12.2 tweaked further XP. It gives more security in Defense. (and maybe that legend about the AI that finds a way to counter our tactics)

Can you give us more information about your team play ? ( Do you have Many Shots, CCC's...)
I see that the team conceded a lot of goal, all the goals conceded were wither from mistakes by defenders or corners ?

Thnx, giving it a try,
Because al lot off games i'm getting the lead and after half-time we completly giving it away
let u now how it works

This is straight from the message I sent you, I guess this will help people -

I'm using it with my Swansea save, that I posted about in Mr Hough's tactic post. First game, played Chelsea, beat them 3-1 only conceding from a free kick in the 90th minute, created 7 CCC's and many half chances as well. They were playing with a AMC but I left the DM's as they were and they coped fine. Possession wise, it wasn't great, I had 48%, but this is only one game.

Second game, away at Marseille, completely played off the pitch, 2-0 at half time, they were playing two DM's, I switch the AMC back to CM at half time. Somehow pulled it back to 2-2 both goals coming in the 90th minute. No CCC's sadly, but the corner/free kick set up is quite good. Possession once again down at 46%. No a bad result considering the fitness levels of my team.

Final update for now, beat a very good Spurs side 3-1, only 2 CCC's to their 3, but many many more half chances. Possession was better, at 56%. Played with the original tactic all game, if I'm winning, why should I tweak it
smile.gif

Only three games in, but after only being favourites in one of those games, to come out with 7 points is brilliant.

I have obviously played a lot more games now, my only defeat came at the hands of Real Madrid, which is understandable. Personally I founded listing the amc as a playmaker works wonders, he was rarely involved before I made this change, I also ticked use playmaker in the team instructions.
Whenever I'm losing, or conceded more than two at half-time, I always switch the amc to a cm, I sometimes do this for away games that I'm not favourites for or the opposition is playing a dm, he seems to get more space then.
I have tried a few little tweaks, such as putting the cb's on tight marking and changing the tacking of the dm's to normal, none of which seem to have much positive or negative effects
I think the dm's need to be as defensive as possible, so they can do their job and let the front 4 do theirs. Pacey wingers are a must, and I've found wingers work better than inside forwards, but it just depends on what players you have at your disposal.

Agree with Sumthin

Maybe you could try 12.2 tweaked further XP. It gives more security in Defense. (and maybe that legend about the AI that finds a way to counter our tactics)

Can you give us more information about your team play ? ( Do you have Many Shots, CCC's...)
I see that the team conceded a lot of goal, all the goals conceded were wither from mistakes by defenders or corners ?

I played the first season with 12,2 Tweaked further XP, and promoted to the 1 bundesliga, after a couples of games i switched to this tactic and the until the game against Schalke 04, after that game it's just stupid, (not the tactic, but the AI)
I'm having more shots on goal, more changes, more breaktrough, a lot of 1 on1 changes,
But for now i'm done, tommorow a new day for this tactic.

Thnx for the feedback and help
Right now i'm going to watch Roda JC-Feyenoord, to important to miss

Agree with Sumthin

Recently we haven't conceded a lot,one or two,not all from corners now.Initially it was that way.But I think I have conceded only about 11 from the last 15,considering swansea's defence and the fact that I constantly attack and never change back to defensive its great.I seem to concede during the latter stages of the games,when my players get tired.Swansea only have 12-14 players capsble of playing and so I can't sub.And so they concede.Mostly long range shots,sometimes,oppositions quick counter attack penetrates my slow defence.Other than these two types of goals,its either corners or mistakes.Possession playing teams don't score against this.nor do the through ballers,unless ur cd misses the header.or the lone striker goes in between the two cb's

concede a lot of goals from crosses....didn't get this from other tactics playing the same fullbacks...

concede a lot of goals from crosses....didn't get this from other tactics playing the same fullbacks...
normal play?or from counter attacks?I am having the same problem with Swansea,its down to the Central backs not being good in the air and having less composure and anticipation.
Also try and upper closing down of GK to full.
That has resulted in my team getting less goals.And you are using defensive positioning right?And your dms are good in the air too right?

came early today and couldn´t resist to finish the season. Won the league with ease drawing twice and loosing once. Won both domestic cups but lost UCL final agains Man Utd 1-2.

I noticed that the majority of goals against me came from long passes from a Cb or a DM into the channel, since my fb are joining the attack. Even with pacey defenders u can´t avoid these kind of movements. I guess i will try to lower the d-line and change something about the fb (m,entality and pressing). But overall a great tactic smuthin

Could someone upload to a different site? I can't get it off either -.-

Cheers in advance boys