Szczesny injury blow for Arsenal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 4K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny suffers a dislocated finger in Wednesday's 3-1 Champions League defeat to Barcelona at the Camp Nou.

More...

Almunia it is then, considering Fabianski's out for the season. Him being Almunia, you'd trust him against Barca but not against someone like West Brom...

Almunia was a beast tonight.

Play like that for the rest of the season wouldn't do Arsenal any harm, doubt he will though.

Almunia was a beast tonight.

Play like that for the rest of the season wouldn't do Arsenal any harm, doubt he will though.[/QUOTe

Haha, Funny how things turn out, He will win us the league (A)

almunia was awesome tonight so i wouldnt worry if i was an arsenal fan.

just a question - who is actually arsenals first choice keeper when all three are 100% fit? my mind is full of **** trying to work it out :|

just a question - who is actually arsenals first choice keeper when all three are 100% fit? my mind is full of **** trying to work it out :|
I would say that Sczesny is, currently, watching at the last months.

It is really incredible how unlucky Arsenal is about injuries in the last seasons.
Bad luck, or somebody is not doing his job properly (phisical training and so).

I think all 3 of Arsenal's keepers are inconsistent. And when they seem to pick up form, they get injured. It must be rather depressing for Arsenal fans.

I wonder what will happen if Almunia is injured lol! Just wish he won't play like last night against us on Saturday :P

Amulia was good today, except for sure he cant stop those goals, but big saves were impressive. he 's the only gk letf, and im worried, not for the fact that yes, he sucks like *****, but there's no more other gk left

jame shea is on loan, mannone is on loan. now what, time to bring the 18 year old gk in the under 18 squad. Argg....

im sure arsenal can loan a gk in immediate time, like what happen to man city last year.

Lets get Shay Given on an emergency loan ;)

Hope Almunia goes back to his 07-08 form and not the bad almunia we also know

Despite how well Almunia played last night he, and the rest of the Arsenal keepers, are a timebomb waiting to go off. Just imagine how good they would be with a top, top keeper.

For Christs sake and at this time ! Remember what he did against West Brom last time ;)

It was close last night that Almunia didnt get injured. Knee from Djourou to head and another hit on head from was it Villa or Pedro cant remember later.

They're waiting to test it, but he might have damaged a tendon which would end his season.

Hope to god he's OK.

rather unfortunate for Arsenal eh, Get a goalkeeper that starts to do quite well then gets injured. He would have been ideal until the end of the season for you. Joss you'll need to change your support thing now :p

P.s. 2'000 post's :D

Despite how well Almunia played last night he, and the rest of the Arsenal keepers, are a timebomb waiting to go off. Just imagine how good they would be with a top, top keeper.

They win Leagues and Cups e.g with David Seaman!

rather unfortunate for Arsenal eh, Get a goalkeeper that starts to do quite well then gets injured. He would have been ideal until the end of the season for you. Joss you'll need to change your support thing now :p

P.s. 2'000 post's :D

Nope. My support thing holds true now more than ever - bunch of cheating, diving little c***s who can only win by one goal when our two best players aren't fully fit, we have our best GK injured after 20 minutes and they had the referee on their side. (H)

What ARE you on about? Fabianski has been superb, Szczesny a time bomb? Because of ONE mistake vs Brum? Poor kicking on his debut at OT, but he's been one of the best keepers in the league in recent weeks. AND he's only 20.

A top top goalkeeper, eh? Like Paul Robinson I suppose..

Nope. My support thing holds true now more than ever - bunch of cheating, diving little c***s who can only win by one goal when our two best players aren't fully fit, we have our best GK injured after 20 minutes and they had the referee on their side. (H)

I'm sorry but isn't that hypocritical? Arsenal are one of the worst teams in the world for cheating and diving.

Anyway I do feel sorry for you guys now. Only Almunia left to play in goal. Just highlights how important it was for Wenger to get a GK in the summer which he failed to do, hopefully for you he'll manage to get one this summer.

. Just highlights how important it was for Wenger to get a GK in the summer which he failed to do, hopefully for you he'll manage to get one this summer.

Why should he have bought a goalie ?

We had four in the summer Almunia, Fabianski, Mannone and Szczensy no one knew in March 3 would be injured.

Also he wont buy a goalie in the summer as we have Szczensy

Back