Szczesny injury blow for Arsenal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 4K
Nope. My support thing holds true now more than ever - bunch of cheating, diving little c***s who can only win by one goal when our two best players aren't fully fit, we have our best GK injured after 20 minutes and they had the referee on their side. (H)

Can't hold more true though because the weren't the downfall of Barca. They're not just a team who can only win by one goal lol what about last season when they won ? Regardless of anything Arsenal where not the downfall of Arsenal so therefore your support thing is false.

Fixed a wee typo there ;)

Nope Callum shay given is better then most EPL keepers, The only ones better then him are Hart, VDS, Cech, Reina and possibily gomes, but even that is debatable. He would be arsenal best keeper and many other teams best keepers.

If Shay Given isnt world class, then i dont know what that makes 15 other number 1s in the league.

Decent but not exceptional keepers. In the same way that Given is a good keeper, but not a world-class one. As I said, he can pull off absolutely stunning saves, but in no way is he world-class. World-class is Buffon, Casillas, Cesar, Valdes, even Neuer. Shay Given is a good player, but he is not world-class.

Can't hold more true though because the weren't the downfall of Barca. They're not just a team who can only win by one goal lol what about last season when they won ? Regardless of anything Arsenal where not the downfall of Arsenal so therefore your support thing is false.

I *support* the downfall of Barcelona..

I support it even more after last night's histrionics.

Crazy Jens.

I know what your point is, but mine is that he's going to get better, quicker with game exp. then he is by learning from someone else. He's better than Almunia, Fabianski, and probably Jens at times too.

And I understand your point too. Its my opinion that you need a keeper to help him, even if said keeper sits on bench to push him properly. Kind of like what Given does for Hart at City.

And I understand your point too. Its my opinion that you need a keeper to help him, even if said keeper sits on bench to push him properly. Kind of like what Given does for Hart at City.

Fair enough.

Although I feel Hart is a bad example. He's good enough anyway, he doesn't need Given pushing him on IMO.

Possibly a better example is De Gea and Asenjo? Frey and Boruc? Something like that anyway.

Decent but not exceptional keepers. In the same way that Given is a good keeper, but not a world-class one. As I said, he can pull off absolutely stunning saves, but in no way is he world-class. World-class is Buffon, Casillas, Cesar, Valdes, even Neuer. Shay Given is a good player, but he is not world-class.

If he isnt World Class then that makes a lot of keepers earning good money very average in deed.

Shame really as it looked like he was getting into his stride as a very talented goalkeeper (give or take a mistake or two). Hopefully he'll recover soon enough but for now Almunia must prove himself as a Premier League quality goalkeeper,

If he isnt World Class then that makes a lot of keepers earning good money very average in deed.

Er... yeah. A lot of people performing at similar levels is more or less the definition of average. As I said, he is a good keeper, a better keeper than most, but he's not world class, not by a long shot. Joe Hart isn't world class (yet) and he's better than Given.

question. do you think ITS REALLY EASY TO BUY A GK.
ANSWER ME.

look, buying gk's is not like torress to chelsea, or suarez to liverpool.
most of the time, a club uses one gk for like most of the season.

next thing is being more PRACTICAL, RATHER THAN RIDICULOUS. u think man city will let joe hart go easily, no and never. thats my response to those media critics saying about buying gk's

@Calcum is correct. Flaps was misfortune. mannoe is good, but needs experience, amulia is expericed , but ageing. wojo is young.

there is no point of buying a gk.

I *support* the downfall of Barcelona..

I support it even more after last night's histrionics.

Sorry mate I got it wrong. I was thinking you were calling Arsenal the downfall of barca. I understand now my bad XD My apologies :D.

Craig Gordon would be an ideal keeper for Arsenal I think. But even then Szczesny has the potential to be a great goalkeeper. I also really liked Mannone I thought when asked of plenty of times he saved Arsenal from losing 4-5 goals at points and defence let him down.

hope wojo is out for not long. any one =know the time span of a dislocated finger injury

Such a shame, he was starting to win me over after his rant about our first-team goalies. Hurry back Woj :wub:

Just been confirmed that he's out for 6 weeks, or at least claimed by SSN.

Good news is he is training constantly, but it's only on his kicking and distribution.

Source

Wait, how can he work on distribution with a crocked finger?

Back