View attachment 343829

Ferencvaros got in our way of a perfect month, but never the less, it was still a very solid month.

Our cup run gained a boost when we drew non-leaguers Csákvár in the cup. They actually put up a decent fight but in the end they were no match for us.

Pécs away should have been an easier win but we struggled a bit. Clean sheet was good though.

Then we absolutely destroyed Videoton. They scored two goals in the final 5 minutes to make the game seem closer then it was. It was an absolute blitzkrieg of their team and former Szolnoki player, Andros Novothny, who scored one of their goals.

We completed the month with a really good win against a weak Puskás team. Hussein bossed the game and is showing why he should start over Brychta when he returns.

Papp had a great debut month in my opinion, let's hope he can develop. He's definitely a great all-rounder to have on the team.

15 year old Fodor made his senior debut a couple of days after signing his contract and had a quiet game when coming off the bench against Videoton.

View attachment 343827

A firm lead in the league. Gyor and Videoton have picked themselves up a bit since the start of the season and have started contending for the European spots. Debrecen have sacked two managers over the course of the campaign and it's not surprising. They're awful.

No shocks down at the bottom of the table. It probably didn't help Dunaujvaros that they were actually in Europe this year haha.

So I've kept my eyes on the transfer market as always and came across this gem.

View attachment 343826

He arrives in the summer for an amazingly low £14.5k fee. What a bargain!

He's coming in as an AM although I have plans to train him as a AML as he suits that position more I feel. He's already accomplished at that position too so it shouldn't take too long.

I'm still absolutely shocked that I got him so cheap!!

Due to my new transfer policy, this does mean that my next signing has to be a Hungarian.

More improvements to the club this month.
After just a month after we expanded our stadium, we're expanding again.

View attachment 343824

We're steadily growing up that capacity, although I think we'll have to build a new one soon.

Again the board will do my bidding and have accepted my demands of a further increasing of the training facilities.

View attachment 343823

Not a bad month, eh?​

View attachment 343565

April 2018

View attachment 343564

So the season is almost at a close but we're as sharp as ever, scoring 19 goals in 6 games.

Pretty much everyone was on point this month and we breezed through it. Only disappointment is Mezokovesd holding us to a draw despite us being odds on favourites to demolish them. That's football.

Hussein and Kabaza were playing insanely this month. Stojanovic broke his own record of 16 assists in a season for Szolnoki with 17 this season with 6 games to go (4 league games).

View attachment 343563

Still top, can't see us losing this now. Debrecen's new manager has had a massive effect on them as they climb up the league and save their season. I doubt they'll be able to get into 5th spot and into Europe.

Videoton are up there but are not yet in European qualification spots. Wouldn't be surprised if the top 4 stayed the same come the end of the season.

It's actually more interesting at the bottom of the table as there're a 3-way relegation battle between MTK, Dunaujvaros and Puskás.

View attachment 343562

Got offered a new contract and added some philosophies to make it more fun.

Not a lot of news to report this month. Bit boring :p

View attachment 343464

May 2018

This update will be split into two halves, you'll see why...

View attachment 343463

Not a lot I can say here, we had a really good start to the month. Debrecen, as i've been saying, are easy pickings these days. MTK have never been a match for us. The semi final was all but won before the 2nd leg even kicked off and the Kecskemet draw was a result of tiredness.

So we're in the final at this stage and I have a few regrets. Hussein and Papa both got injured.. leaving me with no strikers for the last two games of the season. Desperate times call for desperate meaures - I recalled Brychta from his loan in Serbia and it turns out he was injured. He could recover for the final but his fitness and condition will be in question.

So at this stage I decided that I'm going to have to sign a new player just for two games...

Meet the new guy.

View attachment 343461

As you can see, this guy is actually quite insane for a free transfer. He has a very similar skillset to Hussein and kind of looks like him too :p

He will most definitely be our striker for the last two games, unless Brychta is fit.

(No, I haven't forgotten my transfer policy, but there were simply no Hungarian strikers available. I will make up for it by signing two Hungarians in the summer).

So here are the last two games..

View attachment 343459

I rested alot of players against Loans FC because the final was only a few days after.

And as you can see we won the cup with ease! It's our first Hungarian Cup since my time in charge and the 1st time the club have won it since they originally won it in 1941. Happy days.

Brychta dominated the game as you'd expect and Benahmed didn't have much of a bad debut, scoring in a cup final :p

View attachment 343457

If you hadn't already worked it out, we won the league too! We'll be joined by Loans FC in the Champions League next season where they won't be able to get away with all these **** loans and I'll start calling them Újpest again :p

Gyor, Videoton and Kecskemet are into the Europa League.

Mezokovesd and Dunaujvaros go down and Puskás survive by the skin of their teeth for like the 3rd year in a row!

Promoted from Division II and joining us in Division I next year is Kaposvar and a team I literally won't be able to spell so I'll abbreviate it to MTE (You'll see what I mean next season).

View attachment 343456

View attachment 343455

View attachment 343309

End of Season 2017/18

Szolnoki Awards

Fans Player of the Year - Artem Chernega

View attachment 343308

Best XI

View attachment 343307

Overall Best XI

View attachment 343306

Hungary Awards

Manager of the year

View attachment 343304

Player of the Year

View attachment 343305

Team of the Season

View attachment 343303

European Rankings, etc

Hungary Coefficients

View attachment 343302

League Ranking

View attachment 343301

International Football

World Cup Knockout Tree

View attachment 343300

Loving reading this. But Switzerland winning the world cup??

Loving reading this. But Switzerland winning the world cup??

Shocking isn't it mate? Although if you look at who they played to get to the final it's not too surprising. Germany and France getting knocked out before the semi's had Switzerland odds on to win it.

Even more surprising that England were the current holders? :p

View attachment 343035

Pre-season 2018/19

Szolnoki Loans FC...

View attachment 343034

We say farewell to our 3 best players. It's a sad moment as they leave as they were my favourites but I had reasons.

Brychta was being a little ***** and complaining about moving to a bigger club so off he goes to a relegation tipped La Liga side...

Rotson Kabaza was also saying he wanted to go to a bigger club but he was more professional about it and said he would love to return to the club one day (ain't that sweet).

Hussein's offer was too good to turn down I'm afraid. Despite being an absolute beast when Brychta went off on loan, £3mil was more than I valued him as.

All 3 transfer agreements had sell on fee percentages of 15-35%.

Robin Risa returns from his development loan at Inter and has improved greatly, therefore that made me more willing to sell my best strikers as Risa can now hold his own at the lone striker role.

Lengyel is a fringe first team player since coming through the youth in our 1st or 2nd season. He can make it at this club and I think getting first team football at a smaller Division I team can help him.

View attachment 343033

Soooooo after criticizing Újpest all last season for exploiting loans... here we are :p

To be fair all of them are fantastic players which can help us easily maintain our Hungarian crown. I tried, tried and tried but could not find more than one Hungarian for our team so I couldn't permanently buy anyone who wasn't Hungarian...

Anyway here are the loanees in no particular order.

View attachment 343032View attachment 343031View attachment 343030View attachment 343029View attachment 343028View attachment 343027View attachment 343026View attachment 343025

Most of them aren't first team players. Only Mokoena and Ngoy should expect to get regular games. Maybe Riviere too.

Here's the only Hungarian of the window (so far).

View attachment 343024

A pretty decent young player. Kind of says a lot that he is the best Hungarian midfielder regen produced in the whole 5 years...

View attachment 343023

So we went on tour to England, which went absolutely awfully. All four were Championship sides and we really struggled, despite having done all of our transfer business. I'm worried.

We then beat Újpest in the Hungarian Super Cup which isn't surprising as they hadn't done their loaning business yet. Was kind of nice to see that all 3 goalscorers weren't loans :p

We then hosted Premier League side Blackburn (they have an insanely good squad. they finished sixth last season) and we lost quite handsomely, but it's all about match fitness at this point.

We then also lost our final game against Hoffenheim which was disappointing as they're not that strong.

If you hadn't already figured it out we have a new affiliation :p

View attachment 343022

I can imagine they'll be very helpful over the next few years and it should be a good partnership :)

Shame about those sales but there's not much you can do when players decide they want to leave. Not a fan of all the loan signings but I suppose you have to do what you have to do with your new rule regarding buying players. I think a nice addition to that rule though, would be that you can also buy one foreign player every time you bring up a Hungarian from your youth squad into the first team squad, as realistically in a few years it is likely that it will only be you producing decent Hungarian players.

Keep up the good work mate! Any chance of a screenshot of Risa after his loan at Inter?

Shame about those sales but there's not much you can do when players decide they want to leave. Not a fan of all the loan signings but I suppose you have to do what you have to do with your new rule regarding buying players. I think a nice addition to that rule though, would be that you can also buy one foreign player every time you bring up a Hungarian from your youth squad into the first team squad, as realistically in a few years it is likely that it will only be you producing decent Hungarian players.

Keep up the good work mate! Any chance of a screenshot of Risa after his loan at Inter?

Originally I only had two loans lined up, Outtara and Mokoena but when the opurtunity arose to imrpove my squad by that much ability I couldn't turn it down.

That wonderkid I produced in the last intake is so close to first team quality and once he reaches it Nijhuis the centre mid that's on loan will be sent back as I don't want loans getting in the way of my players progress. Papp still starts up front beacuse he's Hungarian.

Here's Risa mate. Pretty much all his stats went up by quite a lot

View attachment 343002

Great link with PSV mate, you've got some great affiliates now, though you'll be known at Loan United now :p shame you had to sell some of your best players but that money will help the club.

P.S. "Go Hoffenheim" lol

View attachment 342661

August 2018

View attachment 342660

So after an awful pre-season we have a great start to the season, scoring a ton of goals.

We drew Finnish club, and Hakola's previous club, HJK in the Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round and beat them easily 8-1 on aggregate.

No tough fixtures in the league this month gave us plenty of momentum heading inot the Champions League play-off against Celtic. These two games were one of the two best I've played so far. Two very equal teams going at it. In the end it was decided by one of them scoring an own goal in the 87th minute of the 2nd leg. Wait until you see our group in the table section of the update...

Out of the 5 Hungarian clubs entering Europe (including us) only two have gotten into the group stage. Gyor are into the Europa League.

You've probably seen a new name, Soma Novothny, he'll be in the transfer section.

But yeah, complete domination in Hungary so far, so many goals you wouldn't believe how well we're playing. I find myself not using many of the loans but they do make several appearances of the bench. Wonderkid Jozsef Fodor got injured in the second leg against HJK but he should be playing regularly in the Champions League to aid his development!

View attachment 342658

Top of the league :p
This table looks very much like it could end like this, the only surprise being Ferencvaros but then again they've already played Videoton, Gyor, Újpest and Debrecen so I'll cut them some slack.

Lying in 8th place is the team which I literally won't be able to type, so I will call them Moso from now on, sorry :p

View attachment 342654

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Oh well, we got like £7.3mil for being in the group stage so I'll take it :p

More transfer business this month.

View attachment 342652

Risa goes out on loan again but this time we get quite a lot of money for it! Domizzi goes on loan to a club from his native Argentina for two months.

Hegedus and Szabo have a fair bit of potential so they go out on loan to Division I clubs.

In the ins there's a big boy joining...

But first here's a youth prospect :p

de Groot - Den Bosch - £275k

View attachment 342649

He doesn't look that great for now, but that 20 determination should see him improve very quickly. Plus my facility upgrades are almost done so he could become quite good!

Here's the big boy!

Soma Novothny - £2.7million - Sassuolo

View attachment 342646

An absolute beast of a player by Hungarian standards! The best Hungarian striker in the world right now (hence why he's being paid so ****** much).

I'm sure you'll agree he's a very special player. He's tutoring Papp, so hopefully I'll have two really good Hungarian front men in the near future.

View attachment 340878

September 2018

View attachment 340877

A fairly productive month! Very good performances all round.

Much to my despair, my youth players did really well in the league cup :p If you don't recognize Verhoek's name, don't worry. He's only a trialist.

Lots of easy wins in the league this month as you can see, the only disappointment being the 2-2 draw with Moso.

The A.C Milan results was pretty predictable as we're nowhere near that kind of ability. We are progressing very quickly as a club though!

View attachment 340876

Top of the league. Unbeaten. Same old story ;)

Debrecen have recouped themselves after last season's dismal performances. No surprises at all amongst the current league standings.

I won't post the Champions League group table as there's only been 1 game so far. Barcelona beat Galatasaray.

Some more developments at the club this month.

Firstly:

View attachment 340875

Youth recruitment is now at an Established level. I believe this is the 3rd or 2nd best level you can attain, so the next youth intake should be good!

Now, I did ask the board to build a new stadium and then accepted. However, an email didn't come up into the inbox or anything like that so I have no idea how big it'll be. It finishes construction in the Summer of 2020. Exciting times indeed!

In terms of how big the stadium could be, the catchment area in real life for Szolnoki is actually quite big. It's on the outskirts of the capital Budapest so that might bring a lot to the fanbase. Szolnok itself has a reasonably sized population and is neighboured by the slightly bigger Kecskemet.

I bet you get a message within the next year some time telling you that the council have refused planning permission for your new stadium! Well, at least that's what happened to me the first time, and the first time we tried to expand the stadium XD

I bet you get a message within the next year some time telling you that the council have refused planning permission for your new stadium! Well, at least that's what happened to me the first time, and the first time we tried to expand the stadium XD

Haha! I've witnessed your many perils with the Turku council :p

I'm hoping the council doesn't block it as we can't expand our 7000 capacity stadium any more :(

just read all the way through and very good going man. great youth building. good luck with stadium.

just started a save with steaua which will be mainly youth based after i completed taking Dover from skrill south to the perm.