View attachment 366649

Szolnoki are a Hungarian team playing in the second tier of Hungarian football; Division II.

Despite being 104 years old, the club only has 2 trophies to its name.

With woeful facilities, you've got to wonder. Who would want to manage them?
View attachment 366650

Last edited:
Good luck man! I myself started a bit higher with Honved, but the Hungarian NB is definitely a challenge.

Good luck man! I myself started a bit higher with Honved, but the Hungarian NB is definitely a challenge.

How far did you get with them, any European glory? :p But yeah I was going to start with them but then I came up with the whole Rags to Riches idea and needed a team who had low estimated value, etc. Should be a good challenge as you said!

View attachment 366613

I'm choosing the future with the club instead of the whole 'win now'. Youth is a big priority for me, especially because we're in a lower league which means there's more first team opportunities for regens and such.

View attachment 366609View attachment 366608

I'm not sure whether Hungarian regens are any good, we'll have to wait and see.

Next update will be transfers.

How far did you get with them, any European glory? :p But yeah I was going to start with them but then I came up with the whole Rags to Riches idea and needed a team who had low estimated value, etc. Should be a good challenge as you said!

No European glory for now. I am trying to recreate the '50-'54 Hungary team, so i only buy hungarian players, which makes it a bit harder. Managed to win the Cup one time, and finished top 4 so far in all seasons. My youngsters finally developed well enough to set myself higher objectives in the league this season.
Just like you are doing, I am focusing on the future, so i am improving the facilities as much as i can for now.

No European glory for now. I am trying to recreate the '50-'54 Hungary team, so i only buy hungarian players, which makes it a bit harder. Managed to win the Cup one time, and finished top 4 so far in all seasons. My youngsters finally developed well enough to set myself higher objectives in the league this season.
Just like you are doing, I am focusing on the future, so i am improving the facilities as much as i can for now.

Sounds good mate. Feel free to keep me updated once in a while :)

View attachment 366265

July/August 2013

View attachment 366264

The only real shock here is that i lost to my U21s which I thought might be a sign of things to come but I happily saw my team improve over the pre-season. The signings of Ball and Norris greatly enhanced my team's performances. Hopefully in a few years I'll be competing with Dinamo Bucharest. There was no one that really caught my eye during the pre-season so I have nothing to say squad wise.

View attachment 366263

No tough games here. REAC are a non-league team so I'm pretty vexed about that but it was the cup and at the moment it's the league that matters! The other two fixtures were pretty predictable really, the teams who were supposed to win, won. Balmazújváros scored 3 times from a set-piece so I immediately put the team on the defending set-pieces match training.

View attachment 366262

Realistically this is where I hope we'll be come the end of the season.
An average start to the season as I'm sure you'll agree...

Last edited:
Start of the 1'st season is always a tough one. Don't worry about it :D

View attachment 365898

September 2013

View attachment 365897

A very good month for a team supposedly heading for the drop. This gives us vital points which we can build on. I'm not at all concerned about the cup as I have no interest in it whatsoever and probably won't for a long time depending on how quickly this club develops.

This was a particular highlight
View attachment 365896

Our first real dominant win and it felt great. 6 goals and a clean sheet is an absolutely tremendous result considering our league status. Everyone had a good game and I was buzzing after this win!

This good month gave us a push up the league

View attachment 365892

Last edited:
View attachment 365679

October 2013

View attachment 365678

So oddly this month was very well organised. We started with 2 losses, then 2 draws and finished with 2 wins. This was a good month as far as I'm concerned, we played attractive football and I actually enjoyed watching them play for the last two games where I changed my tactics. Roland Bohner (try and pronounce that surname ;)) and Róbert Zsolnai had cracking months and are probably the most consistent players on the team. Matt Ball had an impressive month too. Works in the background, assisting the assists as it were. We tried two different tactics this month which I'll post below.

View attachment 365677

Really pleased with where we are in the table. Overachieving would be an understatement.

View attachment 365676

Tactic for the first 4 games (ignore team selection)

View attachment 365675

Tactic for the two wins (ignore team selection)

Last edited:
would anyone be interested in seeing me take over the Hungarian national team at some point too?

View attachment 365501

November 2013 & Hungarian Division II Winter Break (December, January, February)

View attachment 365500

Really good month aside the last game which was disappointing. However we did beat 2 Division I teams so that's pleasing. We finished 3rd in the League Cup Group and almost sneak through as we were only two points behind! However we are storming it in the league and we might be in promotion contention which would be amazing! One thing I noticed this month was the fact we are regularly getting around 1300 attendances which shows room for growth in-terms of fan base.

View attachment 365498

Here's the highlight of the month. 2-0 down at half time and Zsolnai scores 4 goals, not for the first time. This was a really good win and also bagged me a Steam achievement, which I love.

View attachment 365497

Pretty sure we'll achieve our expectations of avoiding relegation...

View attachment 365496

Announced are affiliation with Division I team Honvéd. We get annual payments of around £9.25k and get our choice of youth players to loan.

View attachment 365494View attachment 365493View attachment 365492

We made 3 signings in the transfer window. Sulimani being a free transfer. Blake is on loan for 3 months for very little wage and Szucs is signing on a free at the end of the season.

Outwards was Vári, Racskó and Papucsek all on loans.

View attachment 365491

Obviously we had to play some friendlies in February to regain match fitness and I have no concerns with any results. We made quite a bit of cash from a few of them too.

Last edited:
Nice idea, love watching videos of the historical Hungarians, good to see you're trying to recreate it

View attachment 364872

March 2014

View attachment 364871

This was OK. The Békéscsaba result was obviously disappointing an dropped us out of the promotion places by 1 point. We should've beaten Cegléd, no excuses.

View attachment 364870

This was obviously the highlight as it was a cracking game. Kovacic was a super sub here.

View attachment 364868

As the headline suggests this result hurt our chances of promotion. However take a look at that attendance! No rivalries here or fan days, pure fanbase growth. This is reflecting in our finances and I'm hoping to improve a facility at the end of the season

View attachment 364869

These results leave us in 3rd and majorly overachieving...

---

Obviously if you see the facilities at the beginning of this thread you would have seen that they are virtually non-existant much was talent in our youth intake. There's really only one player out of the whole intake that could potentially play for the first team, let's hope he can fulfill that potential.

View attachment 364867

View attachment 364696

April 2014

View attachment 364695

No losses this month as we try to gain promotion. Was disappointing to not get a perfect month but i will take 10 points from a possible 12! Luke Norris has been on a roll the last two months and is available on a pre-contract, as is Jack Blake.

View attachment 364694

The term 'even game' gets thrown around a lot these days, but if you look at the match stats in the bottom left, you'll see this game was the most even game you'll ever see, bar our yellow card. It was also a very good game which I was delighted to win.

View attachment 364693

The league is going really well as you can see. We maintain a nice 4 point gap above 3rd. There's no play-offs in this league so it's all or nothing for 1st and 2nd place.

---

At the beginning of this month I was offered a new contract and a higher team wage budget so how could I say no.

View attachment 364692

View attachment 364675

May 2014

View attachment 364674

This month guaranteed us promotion. It was a really good month with 3 close games and 2 blowouts. Luke Norris is a Szolnoki hero as far as I'm concerned.

View attachment 364673

Obviously this is the highlighted game this month as it was against 1st place. This game guaranteed promotion and put us in 1st place with one game remaining. As I said, Luke Norris = Hero.

View attachment 364672

Fingers crossed for that last game of the season!

---

View attachment 364671