Norway isnt too bad, prize money is higher than most of the other leagues and 9 foreign players is pretty decent. Theres only 2 comps running through the season so not a huge amount of games.

Sounds good mate! How many divisions are there for Norway on FM?

What a month!! And more quality youngsters, things are looking good.

Things are looking great! Thing with the youngsters though is that I only have one Hungarian that'll ever make the first XI. Dajka has been outstanding so far so I'm looking to bring in more Hungarian talent next summer. Will be going through every single Hungarian youth intake come March. Hoping that my excellent junior coaching will affect my intake this year :)

really enjoying rejuvenating this story so far, would love to hear feedback, constructive or positive!

What to do you guys think so far, will I win the league? Get past the group stage? Uncover the next Hungarian wonderkid?

I've been a silent follower for a while now, and finally your story inspired me to make an account on this forum and start my own Hungarian story. Keep it up, you're awesome!

I've been a silent follower for a while now, and finally your story inspired me to make an account on this forum and start my own Hungarian story. Keep it up, you're awesome!

Cheers mate, good luck with your save. The Hungarian Division II is not too difficult, luck is a huge factor. I'll be following yours

View attachment 346637

September 2017

View attachment 346636

This month doesn't look the best but if you take away the things I don't care about, it's actually pretty good. This year I've fully decided I don't care about the league cup. For both games I played full youth teams plus Potts and Domizzi and LB and RB respectively. They actually did quite well against a really strong Videoton which pleases me.

Obviously we lost to Sevilla, I knew it was going to happen and I doubt anyone has any complaints. We did well to keep it only at 2-0.

We beat Gyor because they were ridiculously unlucky and gave away the game by giving us two penalties. We obliterated Puskás and Pápa by scoring 5 goals in each. Sadly though Dájka and Caceres are out with 5 weeks with twisted ankles against Pápa (I assume their pitch conditions were poor because Hussein also got injured but isn't missing any games).

So yeah, all in all another pretty strong month. We got our first 'proper' loss but it was expected. We're still 100% in the league and I'm really pleased with how it's going.

View attachment 346633

As you can see we've won all games and therefore sit comfortably atop the league. There seems to be a change in force in the league as Debrecen and Videoton are doing very poor and Kecskemét are on the rise. Újpest once again showing that they're a big boy now in the league as this is their 3rd year in a row in which they've been in the top 3 after two months. No real shocks down at the bottom of the table though and it looks like Dunaujvaros are going to get the drop.

View attachment 346632

Doesn't look like we're getting out of this.... let's atleast beat Luzern both times round, eh?

View attachment 346631

Just thought I'd put this up as it is absolutely mad! Reading top of the league and Man Utd in the relegation zone! Absolutely crazy also Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton in the bottom half of the table is a weird sight. Long may it continue haha!

Lots and lots of news this month. I revisited my board with requests and once again they accepted - I love my board so much - they accept all my requests!

View attachment 346630

Despite what it says in the article, my youth recruitment is now 'above average'.

View attachment 346629

I can't believe that we've now got exceptional junior coaching! It's mad. Maybe the next youth intake will be our golden age?

Time for other news now as Marian Brychta gets his first caps for the Czech Republic.

View attachment 346626

He played in two games over the recent international break, scoring a goal in each. More news to do with Brychta is that after this season he will count as 'Home Grown' in Szolnoki as that would've been his third year.​

Won't be able to post for a few days now but I will still be able to see your comments and feedback so please feel free to comment and feedback on format; storyline; players and please tell me what you would like to see! Would you like to see me buying more Hungarian prospects? Would you like me to try and get a national team job? Let me know!

See you soon.

Really like the format/layout of your story. Very clean with good detail! Would be good if you bought more Hungarian youngsters in but not essential. Wouldn't mind seeing a SS of your facilities now compared to when you started to see how much it's changed!

take SS of the world cups and euros if u can and take the national team, try to buy more hungarians ^^

take SS of the world
cups and euros if u can and take the national team, try to biuy more hungarians ^^

Will do national screenshots when I manage the team. I put too much detail into Szolnoki so I wouldn't be able to keep up the same quality if I did national team updates atm. That will change though... Cheers for the feedback though :)

Really like the format/layout of your story. Very clean with good detail! Would be good if you bought more Hungarian youngsters in but not essential. Wouldn't mind seeing a SS of your facilities now compared to when you started to see how much it's changed!

Cheers mate. Will defo buy more Hungarians, did have one lined up ready to comfirm but I changed my mind and saved my funds for the next intake.will screenshot my facilities when the recent upgrades are done :)

Definitely doing a Rags to Riches on FM15. Im thinking Turkey, Belarus or if they add any other Eastern European leagues like Georgia or Azerbaijan

View attachment 344476

October 2017

Are we still unbeaten in the league?

View attachment 344473

Yes we are. A varied month this month too.

Obviously we lost to Leverkusen. I really am not concerned with beating teams like them at this point in time.

We dropped our first points this month as we take a very boring 0-0 draw with Kecskemet. Surprisingly Haladas put up a **** of a fight!

Again you should ignore the league cup as I'm bombing out of it on purpose. I'll leave it in the fixtures though in case anyone is interested in how my youth fair against full strength oposition. As you can see they didn't do too bad. The next batch of youngsters though is definitely an exciting prospect with our junior coaching level.

We get our first win in Europe this year against a reasonably strong Luzern. They don't have any 'real' players as I don't have Switzerland loaded up. I'm hoping to finish on around 7 points but if Luzern can hold Seville to another draw and we beat Luzern again, we could sneak through!

View attachment 344472

We are absolutely owning the league at the moment. Still pretty exciting that there are so many forces in Hungary now. Debrecen have definitely been surprisingly bad. They have the best facilities in the whole of Hungary yet they're struggling to keep in the top half. Doubt they'll be anywhere near relegation come May, but still, it's nice to see the league evolving as it has gone up hugely in reputation.

View attachment 344470

I've already stated my thoughts of the Euro cup in the fixtures section of the update.

As requested, here is the facilities of when I stepped in the door compared to now. (As of October 31st 2017)

Then:

View attachment 344469

Now:

View attachment 344468

We have plans to improve both youth and training facilities, however I don't know if they're double upgrading?

View attachment 344467

This screenshot suggests that they are upgrading twice? If so, that'd be brilliant!

View attachment 344356

November 2017

View attachment 344355

Pretty shocking month by our standards.

It all started about 3 days after our previous fixture in October. We managed to beat Debrecen easily, as I've stated before, they're now pretty poor.

Then came our first loss in the league as we lose to Loans FC. This may make me sound like a sore loser however, listen to this. Out of the 18 player match day squad, 14 of them were loans. Out of the starting XI, 9 players were loans. It's absolutely ridiculous... They're loans are top quality too thanks to their multiple affiliations. Hopefully when they get into Europe (which is a sure-fire thing at this point) the home-grown rules will make them hold back the loans.

My youth players + Nwankwo got me through to the 5th round of the Hungarian Cup (the good cup). We finally got knocked out of the league cup thanks to it's stupid format of a group stage. The games play during the international breaks too which really ****** me off, although I do enjoy seeing the future of Szolnoki go up against big boys. We were actually beating Balmazujvaros 3-0 and then one of their strikers scored 4 goals to win them the game, he was proper awful too...

We're knocked out of the Euro before we even play the last game so not much to play for in our final game against Leverkusen, might play the youth? haha.

Tamas Szalanczi has come through the youth and has been sensational, although his stats are **** poor hahahaha.

We actually have fixtures in December for the first time ever, so that should be interesting... No league games.

Rotson Kabaza, our main man in the midfield, got injured before the Honved game and could be out for 3-4 months. Bollocks.

View attachment 344348

Gyor have risen up a bit into a pretty good position, which is expected of them. Debrecen still being bad and seriously underperforming... they could go down now! Honvéd doing really well considering they only just came up from the second division.

View attachment 344346

I doubt we'll be able to get to my target of 7 points...

Alas, I bought another Hungarian.

View attachment 344345

Keeping his stats hidden until he joins...​

Unlucky about some of the results there pal, you're still sitting pretty at the top which is great with all the youngsters getting a chance. Ujpest having that many loanees is ridiculous, surely there is a rule against having that many :S you just need to get some good loans yourself! The suspense of not knowing Papp's stats is killing me lol.

View attachment 344147

December 2017

View attachment 344146

Not a bad month at all! We breezed through the cup pretty easily after Debrecen scored a 90th minute equaliser in the 1st leg. 2nd leg was easy as pie as they had no clear cut chances and we dominated possession.

But here's the big news. We scavanged a point against the mighty Leverkusen. As I said in an earlier update, I played my youth team (and maybe 2 senior team players Caceres and one of my keepers), and some how we managed a point away from home! Obviously this doesn't matter in the long term but it was great to see my youth do extremely well. Hussein, Mora and Lombardi came on in the 65th minute and then we managed to sneak that goal after a terrific cross from Caceres, Hussein slotted it home!

Don't need to post the league this month as it's the same as last months, but for consistency's sake here it is :p

View attachment 344144

--

View attachment 344143

We came close again, but the group draws are not favoring us at all in this save!

I was right in thinking that the facilities would upgrade twice!

View attachment 344142

Both facilities are now below average rated.

We gain two more affiliations this month too.

View attachment 344140

Yet another big club we associate ourselves with. They've got some good youth and hopefully in the coming transfer window, our many affiliations can help us out a bit!

View attachment 344139

Not sure why I picked these guys as they have no actual players but thought it be nice to boost my reputation in other countries. Will probably cancel this affiliation at some point though as we won't gain much at all, unless the game starts their youth intake now that we're affiliated? I don't know.​

View attachment 343969

Winter Break 2017/18

**NEW TRANSFER POLICY**

I'm implementing a new transfer policy to mix things up a bit and make things a bit more fun. For every foreign player I buy, I have to buy a Hungarian. (Loans do not count).

Anyway on to the actual transfers. There were only two outs this time round as I like to keep continuity in my squad to keep the morale high and to generate a good atmosphere at the club.

View attachment 343968

As you can see Caceres has been sold. Considering we bought him for £475 that's quite a big profit margin... He does rejoin the side on loan for the remainder of the season.

Brychta has been loaned out because he wanted a transfer and I wasn't prepared to sell him yet. He's gone on loan to Partizan who are currently 2nd in Serbia's top tier. They have fantastic facilities, so hopefully he'll come back an even better player and then I might have to look to sell him on if he remains unhappy. I will sell to anyone who meets my evaluation of £7mil.

So are you ready for the ins?

View attachment 343967

As you know we bought Papp, so lets move on to the other ins.

Bagayoko joins on loan for the rest of the season. He looks a great player. He is a DM by nature but he's fairly accomplished at the CM spot and will provide cover and sometimes make a start depending on fixture congestion.

Baran is a very exciting player. He's a slovakian wonderkid at the age of 17. He won't be right back as soon as he comes in because on loan RB Badji is better. However he'll definitely start a few games and will be the number one at right back next season.

Lajos Papp

View attachment 343964

Mamadou Bagayoko

View attachment 343962

Stanislav Baran

View attachment 343961

The stadium plans were finished, we can now hold 6000.

View attachment 343960

Here are the winter break fixtures.
We went on tour to Slovakia for the first four games.

View attachment 343958

Pretty decent results. Lots of youth players were involved. Papp scored too which is a bonus.

The Lazio friendly is part of the deal for Caceres. We got a crowd of just above 5800 fans.

Next update is my favourite time of the year, youth intake day.​

Been busy lately so I didn't see that you started updating this story again. Really happy to see you going on with it, your team has improved massively and I think you got to that point where you dominate the domestic competitions. Also, I'm not sure how long it takes for a player to gain Hungarian nationality but looking for some 14~18 year old players from big countries so they can play for Hungary in the future could help quite a bit.

Anyway, keep it up!

Been busy lately so I didn't see that you started updating this story again. Really happy to see you going on with it, your team has improved massively and I think you got to that point where you dominate the domestic competitions. Also, I'm not sure how long it takes for a player to gain Hungarian nationality but looking for some 14~18 year old players from big countries so they can play for Hungary in the future could help quite a bit.

Anyway, keep it up!

Aha, cheers mate!

Hungarian nationality takes just below 10 years... so I don't really have the patience for that!

I'm dominating domestically this year, yes, but the real question is can I do it consistantly. However it does look like it's Champions League football next year in Szolnok.

Great story man, just started a new job so I've been occupied by that recently so I'm only just getting time for FM back in my life and I have to say this is one of the most complete, and challenging, stories I've seen! Bravo

View attachment 343913

Youth Intake 2018

View attachment 343912

Absolutely dreadful intake by my standards. No one past 3 star potential again for the second year in a row.

Doubt I'll ever produce anyone good!

Oh wait! I missed someone out ;)

View attachment 343911

Say hello to Hungary's next big thing! An absolute beast of a players that WE produced! All that money spend on the youth set-up has finally payed off!

A player that we can put in the first team squad straight away and I'm delighted. He's got some good key stats that I like in a youngster; determination, natural fitness and stamina. Some of his key stats need some work but I'm going to train him as a box to box midfielder because of that acceleration. Hungarian Aaron Ramsey?

That potential isn't too bad either :p

View attachment 343910

Literally cannot wait to see how he develops. We now have 3 very good young Hungarians at our disposal.

Papp, Dájka and Fodor. We might be hearing those names for quite a while!

:D