dginola

Reaction score
In progress testing table. IMO, it's not enough to tell if one tactic is obviously better than the other unless we have tested them for at least 10 seasons so just don't judge any of the tactics yet...

Middlesbrough
TACTICPLDWONDRNLSTFORAGGDPTSFA CupEFL Cup
TFF Demolisher V3 strikerless76371425151116351251
ParkTheBus 17.3.1763522221098425124
Samurai Elite76291334101113-121001
FM17.3RAWSIENNAKnapLpool3511p98381811971432865
Samurai Elite (Control home Standard away)3816101263501358

It looks like Mr Langvatn's testing will not be resume anytime soon. I was hoping that he will do a league specific tactic testing but looks like it's not gonna happen for FM2017. So here I would like to propose for a crowd based tactic testing.

This is how it works. I will provide a save game created with custom db where the following items were modified
- remove all injuries.
- transfer embargo for all clubs.
- all player's contract has a clause of leaving the club after contract end, with this clause the player will never complain about his playing time anymore.
- adaptability, consistency, loyalty, professionalism, natural fitness set to 20 for all team
- important matche set to 10 all team
- injury proneness set to 1 all team
- remove all ppm for the test team

Other than the aforementioned changes, everything in the save is exactly same as the actual league. This make sure that the test result is more accurate in the actual league environment rather than more general as in Mr L's test.

So now I need volunteers who have time to do the testing. What the testers need to do is just play the first season for two times by using instant result - simulate match and FM Fitness Coach if it is updated by the time we start or we will just go without it. After that I will collect all results from the testers and combine them into a table.

If we have 10 testers we will be able to test 760 matches! Anyone who is interested to be a tester please reply to this thread. Priority will be given to those who normally don't care about who's the tactic author but the efficiency of the tactic, to avoid potential fraud results.

I will provide the save game here once we got enough testers. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
im interested in this, but not to test others tactic, but my own

I
Priority will be given to those who normally don't care about who's the tactic author but the efficiency of the tactic, to avoid potential fraud results.

There are no impartial people at this forum

All people here like some persons and jealous/hate other persons

All people here like some formations and hate other formations

People here always will be "helping" to get better results to the persons/formations they like and support

im interested in this, but not to test others tactic, but my own

Hey mate, you could suggest your tactic to be tested by the testers but obviously you are not going to test your own tactic for this.

There are no impartial people at this forum

All people here like some persons and jealous/hate other persons

All people here like some formations and hate other formations

People here always will be "helping" to get better results to the persons/formations they like and support

I got you mate, just like how people will support their own club. Still I need to mentioned that we are aware and there is a way to verify the results which will make the tester think twice before trying to do a favour for some tactic.

sounds good much better idea than polllook forward to test results

So now I need volunteers who have time to do the testing. What the testers need to do is just play the first season for two times by using instant result - simulate match and FM Fitness Coach if it is updated by the time we start or we will just go without it. After that I will collect all results from the testers and combine them into a table.

instant result or simulated match, in my opinion the test should use only one of these options - in a simulated match(the one with the text description of the match playing) you can among other things do your own subs and decide what to do if you get a red card - with a instant result add on you can't do none of this.

If you do 2 seasons with any tactic using instant result and then 2 seasons with the same tactic and simulate match, how does the results compare to each other? if the 2 different methods of playing games don't produce similar results, how good can the test result be then?

Looking through you post i didn't see any terms for picking the match team - will the be the tester doing that or left to Assistant Manager?

instant result or simulated match, in my opinion the test should use only one of these options - in a simulated match(the one with the text description of the match playing) you can among other things do your own subs and decide what to do if you get a red card - with a instant result add on you can't do none of this.

If you do 2 seasons with any tactic using instant result and then 2 seasons with the same tactic and simulate match, how does the results compare to each other? if the 2 different methods of playing games don't produce similar results, how good can the test result be then?

Looking through you post i didn't see any terms for picking the match team - will the be the tester doing that or left to Assistant Manager?

For this testing we will use the instant result skin with simulate match option. Only one method throughout the whole test not two. I will pick the team according to the tactic requirement and save into a preset called default so what the tester needs to do is just click instant result -> simulate match and only when a player receive a red card the tester needs to replace the suspended player with other player and when the player is back he needs to put him back to start by just clicking the preset default button.

As a volunteer - Not interested in testing my own.

As a volunteer - Not interested in testing my own.

Thank you mate, it's class act but I would rather not unless none of your tactics will be tested here but your tactics are too good to not be tested. Besides, someone would surely doubt when certain tactics not having good results.

Due to lack of response for volunteers I decided to test one season and post the result for few top tactics in this forum and hopefully it can attract more volunteers to join. I think we can start full force testing with a total of 5 testers.

I will start testing one season for these tactics,

1. Knap's 3511 latest version
2. TFF's DEMOLISHER
3. 5230 Park The Bus latest version

Understand, but I'm sure I could test Zyndar's tactics as for me they are underrated.

Understand, but I'm sure I could test Zyndar's tactics as for me they are underrated.

Where can I find these tactics? Whats the best tactic this year in your opinion?

Maybe because he didn't create any 3 at the back tactics this season? Or did he?

I really feel sorry that even the brilliant 4231 tactics you created eventually fail in this ME.