Tactic Fanta 4-1-4-1 Lies down and Cries 13.3.3

Hi Andre,

After using Amen in my Tottenham save, I used this in the next season, with pretty much the same squad, and the results were very similar. However, this time I made more tweaks to your tactic during the course of the season, which I felt improved the play.

After a full season and other tests, what I can say is: this is probably the best tactic I have used in FM13, it can be used with bigger and smaller teams, the defense is very solid, teams rarely get many shots on your goal, and the football played is sometimes just too beautiful.

Here is the league table:

Müller playing as the lone striker was the highest scorer in the league, and look at how all the players (specially the midfielders) contributed with goals and assists. My corner setup also ensured that many different players got goals from corners.

And here is the download link to my tweaked version, in case anyone is interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?ihr05a3oteuilgh
*06/05 edited set pieces

Last edited:
Hi Andre,

After using Amen in my Tottenham save, I used this in the next season, with pretty much the same squad, and the results were very similar. However, this time I made more tweaks to your tactic during the course of the season, which I felt improved the play.

After a full season and other tests, what I can say is: this is probably the best tactic I have used in FM13, it can be used with bigger and smaller teams, the defense is very solid, teams rarely get many shots on your goal, and the football played is sometimes just too beautiful.

Müller playing as the lone striker was the highest scorer in the league, and look at how all the players (specially the midfielders) contributed with goals and assists. My corner setup also ensured that many different players got goals from corners.

And here is the download link to my tweaked version, in case anyone is interested: Fanta 4-1-4-1 Lies down and Cries - Marcelo tweak.tac

Ok, I'll try ... good season, and thanks for the feedback

"tactic / very high" until the beginning of the championship.
then put "balanced / average"

There you go :)
I have had limited success with the 3-1-5-1 formation. Sometimes win by a lot of goals but other times can't score and/or concede too many.
I will try this 4-1-4-1 formation and hope that it suits my team better.
Thank you for these tactics though.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by pedropt

Any chance to make this compatible to Football Manager Classic?

I'll try but I can not tell you when.
can try to play with the Amen?

I have downloaded the tactic but I don't understand.
This IS for FM Classic?!

Witch training do you use for the players?

Witch training do you use for the players?

GK- Sweeper
CD- Central Defender
FB- Full Back
DM- Central Midifielder
CM- Central Midifielder
W'- Wingers
ST- Poacher

-------------------------------------------------------
GK- Libero
DC- Defesa central
DL- Defesa Lateral
MDC- Meio central
MC- Meio central
EX- Extremos
PL- Ponta de Lança Fixo

My defence is pretty strong. Not conceeded in my first 4 games as Ajax. the first game I won 3-0 but then I have not scored in my last 2. Would you recommend changing the training to attack movement? I got Fierro upfront(maybe not good enough yet) but only have De Jong as back up..

My defence is pretty strong. Not conceeded in my first 4 games as Ajax. the first game I won 3-0 but then I have not scored in my last 2. Would you recommend changing the training to attack movement? I got Fierro upfront(maybe not good enough yet) but only have De Jong as back up..

Play more games a team needs time to adapt to formation

Will try that our sir, thanks. Will let you know the results in 10-15 games time.

won the npower championship with peterborough (prediction- 24th place from 24 teeams)
But got the problem: 11-match streak without a win in april-march. Usually conceded a goal in the end of the game or after the mistake of defenders/keeper.
what could be the problem? Because I don't want to spoil 15-point lead in PL :)

won the npower championship with peterborough (prediction- 24th place from 24 teeams)
But got the problem: 11-match streak without a win in april-march. Usually conceded a goal in the end of the game or after the mistake of defenders/keeper.
what could be the problem? Because I don't want to spoil 15-point lead in PL :)

If you have a very bad team, and lost a sequence of play in the season finale .. not be alarmed, it may be "determination, concentration and experience" of the players ...

I decided to start a Barcelona save to have a little fun and see how this tactic would fare with them. I used the tweaked version I posted earlier, with only a few more set pieces changes. Here are the results:

Hi Andre,

And here is the download link to my tweaked version, in case anyone is interested: Fanta 4-1-4-1 Lies down and Cries - Marcelo tweak.tac
Using this tweak along with Attacking Movement prep...

View attachment 338387View attachment 338388

Default Ajax squad too less Christian Eriksen who I sold. Playing academy players only