for a second and concluding (maybe) Underdog test i'd suggest this time the same number of games but less teams to eliminate the random effect between same CA teams... Same testing team(s) with +/- 5 CA difference at most, and 5-7 opponents all with at least 10 CA units more.. this time you could do the test with fake cloned players as in other tests (the way you like it of course-about their attributes)

for a second and concluding (maybe) Underdog test i'd suggest this time the same number of games but less teams to eliminate the random effect between same CA teams... Same testing team(s) with +/- 5 CA difference at most, and 5-7 opponents all with at least 10 CA units more.. this time you could do the test with fake cloned players as in other tests (the way you like it of course-about their attributes)
I am making a new database with players all on 145 CA an increase of 5 but this time I am searching in the game for players whose attributes best fit all the roles so far I have decided on the following players:

GK - Forster / Oblak / Mignolet

RB/RWB - Rafael / Janmaat / Debuchy

LB/LWB - Adriano / Shaw / Moreno

SW/CB - Williams / Cahill / Albiol / Dede / Evans

DM/CM - Montolivo / Yacob / Witsel / Lucas / McCarthy / Allen

this time I dont want to be testing against real teams though because their champions league and euro cup games cause fixture conjestion.

I will look at creating a new database similar to this one so if anybody has any suggestions feel free to post them on here.

Will, there are 2 major issues of your testing and effect from these issues is so big that result of the tests has no connection with what people really get when they "normally" play the real game.

Here are these issues:

1) You aren'’t able to provide all tactics with a appropriate corner setup but tactics score about 35% of all goals from corners.

2) You may have all kind of players in your testing team but the problem is that assistant manager picks wrong players for the positon. He make crazy choices when there are much better options available.

Most funny thing is that the assistant manager rates all players very accurate when you look at players rating in “"Squad Depth"” and I almost always agree with such rating but on practice he makes anecdotal choices when he pick the team.

Do you remember Yilmaz? Just look how the assistant manager rate players for Shadow Striker role:

View attachment 282699

1) Eder.
2) Leo Baptistao.
3) Toivonen

As you can see Yilmaz is even absence from this list… but why do he pick him is a big mystery…...

Btw, it is easy to solve these issues and I’ve already told you many times how to do that. ;)

Last edited:
Will, there are 2 major issues of your testing and effect from these issues is so big that result of the tests has no connection with what people really get when they “"normally"” play the real game.

Here are these issues:

1) You aren'’t able to provide all tactics with a appropriate corner setup but tactics score about 35% of all goals from corners.

2) You may have all kind of players in your testing team but the problem is that assistant manager picks wrong players for the positon. He make crazy choices when there are much better options available.

Most funny thing is that the assistant manager rates all players very accurate when you look at players rating in “"Squad Depth"” and I almost always agree with such rating but on practice he makes anecdotal choices when he pick the team.

Do you remember Yilmaz? Just look how the assistant manager rate players for Shadow Striker role:

View attachment 816932

1) Eder.
2) Leo Baptistao.
3) Toivonen

As you can see Yilmaz is even absence from this list… but why do he pick him is a big mystery…...

Btw, it is easy to solve these issues and I’ve already told you many times how to do that. ;)
I am going to have strikers and attacking midfielders seperate on my new test.

Will, Football Manager game is not only about tactics it's also about players and many other different stuff and your success can depend on such small things as main foot of your Inside Forward/Winger or on level of their Dribbling and Technique attributes.

You can spend a ton of time picking different players for the testing team but all this is for nothing because it doesn't help the assistant manager to pick the right players for the position and in this case accuracy of the test takes strong hit because for some tactics he makes more or less good choices and for other tactics he makes awful choices.

The only way to solve this problem is totally limit his choices...

Last edited:
Will, Football Manager is not only about tactics it's also about players and many other different stuff and your success can depend on such small things as main foot of your Inside Forward/Winger or on level of their Dribbling and Technique attributes.

You can spend a ton of time picking different players for the testing team but all this is for nothing because it doesn't help the assistant manager to pick the right players for the position and in this case accuracy of the test takes strong hit because for some tactics he makes more or less good choices and for other tactics he makes awful choices.

The only way to solve this problem is totally limit his choices...
to be fair I am 100% sure the 5 tactics from the final are very very good tactics.

GK - Forster / Oblak / Mignolet

RB/RWB/RM - Rafael / Janmaat / Debuchy / Gonul

LB/LWB/LM - Adriano / Shaw / Moreno / Monreal

SW/CB - Williams / Cahill / Albiol / Dede / Evans

DM/CM - Montolivo / Yacob / Witsel / Lucas / McCarthy / Allen

AM RLC (Right-foot) - Sosa / Susaeta / Mertens

AM RLC (Left-foot) - Alvarez / Yarmolenko / Iturbe

ST - Ba / Gignac / Ings / Pratto / Di Santo.

AM RLC (Left-foot) - Alvarez / Yarmolenko / Iturbe

Will, Iturbe is much better than Alvarez and that's why Iturbe plays for Roma and Alvarez plays for Sunderland... I can make the similar compare for all players you picked...

Grrr....You can kill me but I don't understand why are you doing this way? Why you just don't clone Iturbe 3 times and provide all tactics with equal players? Why do you put everything in hand of luck and randomness? I'm talking about the assistant manager choices…

Will, Iturbe is much better than Alvarez and that's why Iturbe plays for Roma and Alvarez plays for Sunderland... I can make the similar compare for all players you picked...

Grrr....You can kill me but I don't understand why are you doing this way? Why you just don't clone Iturbe 3 times and provide all tactics with equal players? Why do you put everything in hand of luck and randomness? I'm talking about the assistant manager choices…
your just so wrong mate, I dont know where to start.

Will for a change, in your next test, you can try asking the authors to pick their best starting 11... Youcan have a huge squad off 33 or 44 players (3 or 4 choices for each position) and the authors would suggest the best starting 11 and the best subs of them (the not needed players you'd tranfer list them and drop to the u21 squad)...
22-25 players are completely ok when you have almost no injuries...

Will, can you explain why do you think I'm wrong? You compare Iturbe and Alvarez and I see that Iturbe is much better…
Technically Alvarez is so much better than Iturbe, I agree that some of Iturbe's physical stats are better but Alvarez is a much more rounded player.

Technically Alvarez is so much better than Iturbe, I agree that some of Iturbe's physical stats are better but Alvarez is a much more rounded player.

Will, if Alvarez is much better than Iturbe then how come that Iturbe plays for Italian top club Roma(predicted 2th) and Alvarez plays for the weakest EPL club Sunderland? How come that Iturbe's salary is twice higher than Alvarez's salary? How come than Iturbe costs almost twice as Alvarez? ;)

Will, if Alvarez is much better than Iturbe then how come that Iturbe plays for Italian top club Roma(predicted 2th) and Alvarez plays for the weakest EPL club Sunderland? How come that Iturbe's salary is twice higher than Alvarez's salary? How come than Iturbe costs almost twice as Alvarez? ;)
I was not talking about real life, I was talking about stats wise in game.

PS Alvarez plays for Inter he is on loan at Sunderland

PS I did not know that your wages decided how good a player you were.

I was not talking about real life, I was talking about stats wise in game.

PS Alvarez plays for Inter he is on loan at Sunderland

PS I did not know that your wages decided how good a player you were.

Will, you are making the same huge mistake again... it isn't right even to start compare these 2 players because Alvarez is AMC and Iturbe is the right Inside Forward and they have their CA is spent on different attributes… as you can see Alvarez has spent his CA more on Technical and Mental attributes and Iturbe has spent his CA more Physical and Technical and that's how it works.…

For example, when you choose the Inside Forwards for your testing team than you have to choose only from players who have "Natural" 20 rating for this position… and not from AMC who just only can play there if need but actually they are sucks for this role

Last edited:
I was talking about stats wise in game.
Will, In order to say which attributes are the most important for the position/role you need to spend countless amount of hours on watching full 3D matches to understand how ME works.

Mess in your testing team starts because you picks the players who don't have "Natural" rating for the position...

For example, many strikers can play AML/AMR/AMC position but it doesn't mean that they are good wingers/inside forwards/attacking midfielders and many wingers can play strikers but it doesn’t mean that they are good strikers.

ONLY "Natural" rating for the position can somehow guaranty that player's CA is spent good for the position/role.

Last edited:
Will, In order to say which attributes are the most important for the position/role you need to spend countless amount of hours on watching full 3D matches to understand how ME works.

Mess in your testing team starts because you picks the players who don't have "Natural" rating for the position...

For example, many strikers can play AML/AMR/AMC position but it doesn't mean that they are good wingers/inside forwards/attacking midfielders and many wingers can play strikers but it doesn’t mean that they are good strikers.

ONLY "Natural" rating for the position can somehow guaranty that player's CA is spent good for the position/role.
here is a comparison of all 3 of my left footed AM RLC as you can see Yarmolenko and Alvarez are better suited to most roles than Iturbe.

Last edited:
for me the best test was your underdog Leicester tactic test and not the "all players have CA 150"

I was talking about stats wise in game.

Will, just look Alvarez is a "Natural" AMC

View attachment 282323

And Iturbe is a "Natural" AMR(Inside Forward)

View attachment 282324

and if you inspect all "Natural" AMLs/AMRs and all "Natural" AMCs in the game you'll find that all "Natural" AMLs/AMRs tends to have Physical attributes higher than all "Natural" AMCs because Physical attributes have higher importance for AML/AMR and also you'll find that all "Natural" AMCs have Mental and Technical attributes higher than "Natural" AMLs/AMRs because Mental and Technical attributes have higher importance for AMCs than AMLs/AMRs.

Last edited: