Will, just look Alvarez is a "Natural" AMC

View attachment 817730

And Iturbe is a "Natural" AMR(Inside Forward)

View attachment 817727

and if you inspect all "Natural" AMLs/AMRs and all "Natural" AMCs in the game you'll find that all "Natural" AMLs/AMRs tends to have Physical attributes higher than all "Natural" AMCs because Physical attributes have higher importance for AML/AMR and also you'll find that all "Natural" AMCs have Mental and Technical attributes higher than "Natural" AMLs/AMRs because Mental and Technical attributes have higher importance for AMCs than AMLs/AMRs.
surely its a good thing that both are in the squad then.

surely its a good thing that both are in the squad then.

and now we have came to main thing that I try to explain you for ages… :)

in order to put all tactics in equal condition you need clone Alvarez 6 time and leave him only AMC position and do the similar for Iturbe clone him and leave him only AML/AMR/ML/MR because if you don’t do that the assistant manager start to picks AMC play AML/AMR and AML/AMR to play AMC positions...

as you saw he even can pick Di Maria play BWM role.

and now we have came to main thing that I try to explain you for ages… :)

in order to put all tactics in equal condition you need clone Alvarez 6 time and leave him only AMC position and do the similar for Iturbe clone him and leave him only AML/AMR/ML/MR because if you don’t do that the assistant manager start to picks AMC play AML/AMR and AML/AMR to play AMC positions...

as you saw he even can pick Di Maria play BWM role.
Iturbe has shocking stats for defensive winger and wide midfielder so you could not use him at MR or ML.

Iturbe has shocking stats for defensive winger and wide midfielder so you could not use him at MR or ML.
but what stops you also to have good players for these roles? :)

Another good example is Yilmaz and you saw it... even the assistant manager rated him awfully as a Shadow Striker and there were much better players for these role and he rated these players much higher but no matter that he picked Yilmaz to play as Shadow Striker.

Will, btw, believe me you can ask any tactic creator who has tactic with wide midfielders and defensive wingers and he'll tell you that for his tactic you need "usual" wingers or inside forwards...

Last edited:
Will, just look at this statistic it tells everything about which attributes are the most important for the position...

Sample from all players who have more than 120CA in the game

There are 654 "Natural" AMLs/AMRs players in the game and 65%(429) of them have Acceleration and Pace more than 14.

There are 457 "Natural" AMC players in the game and ONLY 29%(136) of them have Acceleration and Pace more than 14.

As you can see only 29% of "Natural" all AMCs have Acceleration and Pace higher than 14 but 65% of "Natural" AMLs/AMRs have Acceleration and Pace higher than 14.

Do you still have any doubts that some stats are much more important for the position than other stats? Do you understan why Iturbe is much better as Inside Forward than Alvarez?

P.S. I can make the similar research for Passing and Technique attributer and you'll see that these attributes have crucial importance for "natural" AMC but they are less important for "natural" AMLs/AMRs...

Last edited:
for me the best test was your underdog Leicester tactic test and not the "all players have CA 150"
I totally agree, if I have the best players in my team (all players 140+ CA, all 20 Natural in Positions, all with the right atributes 14+ for every position etc. etc.), I don't really need a good tactic, every tactic will do the job...

I totally agree, if I have the best players in my team (all players 140+ CA, all 20 Natural in Positions, all with the right atributes 14+ for every position etc. etc.), I don't really need a good tactic, every tactic will do the job...
really? then why some tactis win the championship (in the tests) and in other the managers get sacked?

I said almost the same thing mate, it's when you don't have the best (or the perfect) players (or conditions), that you need a really good tactic... In a test with the perfect players, roles,conditions etc, almost every decent tactic will do well (more or less):p

and when you play the game is difficult to find these perfect conditions, unless you only play with huge teams or you are in 2018+ etc.;)

dude, there in no such thing as "perfect way of testing" as the conditions differ between different leagues and different clubs. using cloned players, even the best for their positions, will help us see the potential of a tactic.. how well it could perform if we had the best suitable players for our team (our bad team for example if we are talking about the 145CA test)

let me give you an example: let's say we have a fake 145CA player with the best attributes for his position.. and lets say we have 4 real players with 145CA but with different attributes (of course we chose them carefully). If we take for granted that the fake player has the best attributes then he'd play for 100%.. the other players would play, compared to him for 95% or 92% or 88% or 85% (for example). imagine this happening in every position... The fake team would get the 100% when the real team would get a 95% the first time, a 90% the next one etc... This would mean that you'd leave the random effect unadjusted. Of course this would be closer to reality, but at the same time this would DEFINE the final results of the test making a tactic SEEM better than some other tactic when it may not happen...

currently testing new database consisting of 42 cloned players for all positions (all 155 CA).

pretty happy with the balance of the league and teams, need to set the 5 most popular default tactics to the other 5 teams but will probably look to release a new thread in the next day or so.