[TACTICAL DISCUSSION] Formations with great results in FM14

I've played one and a half seasons with this tactic, mate. I get consistent results with odd upsets here and there.
But, generally I win. Let me test it for 2 more seasons.

Finished another season with the Modified tactic. Scooped up all the trophies this season and a record 93 points in Bundesliga.
Will post the screens soon. Werner has been a beast at the age of 21. 27 goals in the league and a total of 43 goals in all competitions.

Finished another season with the Modified tactic. Scooped up all the trophies this season and a record 93 points in Bundesliga.
Will post the screens soon. Werner has been a beast at the age of 21. 27 goals in the league and a total of 43 goals in all competitions.

Have you used it in 14.2? :)

Im playing with it in 14.2 now and struggling lol, they have taken away the short corner glitch which helped me alot
No problem, mate. I'll check this in 14.2 as well. The. Could you post your results now and where there is trouble?
Cheers!!!

The trouble seems to be im conceding more (with a better defence) and scoring less. Sounds so basic. Possession and chances created are both still very high, which is what brought me the success in season 1.

Season 1 results looked like this:

View attachment 442589

Season 2:

View attachment 442588

Obviously im not exactly relegation fodder, im still doing well. Just not as well, A lot more 1-0s this season.

Im guessing a lot of goals scored in season 1 in the old patch happened because of the short corner exploit? and now this has been removed. But Ibsevic scored for fun in season 1. This year he has 2 goals. And my other striker Time Werner is a lot better now.

Last edited:
The trouble seems to be im conceding more (with a better defence) and scoring less. Sounds so basic. Possession and chances created are both still very high, which is what brought me the success in season 1.

Season 1 results looked like this:

View attachment 447396

Season 2:

View attachment 447397

Obviously im not exactly relegation fodder, im still doing well. Just not as well, A lot more 1-0s this season.

Im guessing a lot of goals scored in season 1 in the old patch happened because of the short corner exploit? and now this has been removed. But Ibsevic scored for fun in season 1. This year he has 2 goals. And my other striker Time Werner is a lot better now.

Alright, mate. Let me test it too. I've not upgraded to 14.2 as yet. I'll change my corner arrangement after the update. 'Bout time :)

The trouble seems to be im conceding more (with a better defence) and scoring less.

I've found this happening to me a lot with some very good tactics, I go quite a few unbeaten then got bogged down after around 3-4 games. Way I found around this is to do defending training for around 4 weeks, then a few days of attacking training, rinse and repeat and bob's your uncle. I believe this is how I went 36 or so games unbeaten (admittedly with BATE Borisov, best team in Belarus by some way, but it's still better than I was doing).

If not, tweaking your defence to make it very defensive is also something I tried. My defenders (4 back) were all preferring limited roles, I was hesitant to do so because, with me being particularly fond of attacking wing backs and the overlap, it seemed way to defensive, yet turning my defence into 2 limited full backs, a limited defender (cover) and a central defender (defend) made a lot of difference. I think the most I've conceded is 3 in a game, at the Nou Camp, and only lost 5-3 on aggregate to Barca over 2 legs in the CL. It may be to do with the preferred roles, but I like to think that it might just be the fact that defensive full backs are the way to go and I've cracked a little bit of FM logic in finding it :p

Hope this helps!