Downloaded both of them out of curiosity and they're exactly the same formation, mentality, shape, roles, duties, team instructions, player instructions... Sometimes I don't understand people...

i've just did a comparison itszdan4231 is exact copy of first4231 shameless plagiarism ftw :D

Guys, there is a great tactic in fm scout! It's like the 3rd one at the moment - 4231 with benfica!
giving me epic results. Don't really know if I'm allowed to share it here

Its not difficult to have epic results with Benfica.

Try it with a team with media prediction 10-12 and give us results

The creator of the tactic used benfica - I've only mentioned to clarify which tactic was.
im managing Boavista - I'll post results once get back home. Try it meanwhile!

hy

Hi guys,

A tactic for small teams in Romania ? I've tried a lot of tactics from this forum, but seems pretty difficult to obtain big results.

Thanks

https://community.sigames.com/topic/387300-frankys-supreme-tactic-for-fm-17/

My first tactic for FM 17 so it's still work in progress and to be honest, I haven't tested it extensively but seems very promising as a starter tactic with some very good results. Scores plenty but also keeps things fairly tight at the back so a good balance. It's a high pressing 4-1-2-2-1 formation and very similar to my Wings of Fury tactics for FM 16, except we have a DM to provide extra defensive cover.

FORMATION

e68bc5d9f1.jpg

PLAYERS REQUIRED

Wing Backs – These guys are the key players in the team as a lot of the attacking play revolves around their ability to get forward and whip in dangerous crosses so good crossing ability is a must. High stamina and work rate will also increase their effectiveness, as will good dribbling ability. Set their training focus to 'crossing' unless it is already high, in which case set it to 'dribbling'..... the better their dribbling and crossing ability, the more effective the tactic!

PPM to set (in order of importance)......... 1) gets forward whenever possible......... 2) hugs line.

Training focus - crossing or dribbling if that is lower.

Centre Backs - There's a regular centre back in both DCR and DCL positions. One must be quick so he can recover in case an attacker breaks the offside trap.

PPM to set......... stays back at all times.

NOTE: The default setting is 'Central Defender' but you need to change that to 'Ball Playing Defender' for any centre back who is better in that role. It's okay two have two BPD's if need be.

DMC – Sits in front of the back four and sweeps up most of the opposition clearances. His ability to win the ball in the middle of the park allows the the front 3 plus both wing backs, RPM and BBM to operate in a highly attacking manner. Also offers a passing option as he's always unmarked. When it's played to him, he's on the lookout to distribute to the RPM or wing backs when they make their runs forward. Must have a high work rate as he'll be charging around, picking up all the loose balls and closing down attackers. A defensively sound, hard working player...... Schneiderlin being perfect for this role.

PPM to set......... stays back at all times.

Training focus - 'passing' if less than 13, otherwise to 'tackling' or 'positioning'.

BBM - Gets forward quickly to support the striker and provide a presence in the box for all the crosses coming in and defensively works hard to help the team win the ball back so a high work rate is very important.

PPM to set......... 'gets into opposition area' and 'gets forward whenever possible'. If he has a long shot attribute of 13+ then 'shoots from distance' and 'shoots with power'

Roaming Playmaker (RPM) - The man who drives the team forward with his creativity. He'll look to play the wing backs in at every opportunity and generally dictate play from the middle of the park. The man of the match award is usually a three horse race between him and both wing backs. Will run with the ball whilst looking for options so must be a semi decent dribbler, minimum 13 in the top division.

PPM to set......... 'switch ball to other flank'. Arrives late at the edge of the area and receives plenty of pull backs so if he has long shot ability of 13+, then 'shoots with power' and 'shoots from distance'.

Training focus - dribbling.

Inside Forwards – There's two of these guys and they'll be looking to get on the end of attacking moves and especially to take advantage of crosses fired in from the wing back on the opposite flank so good finishing and 'off the ball' ability is important. Also need to be creative as they will look to fashion chances for their team mates.

PPM to set......... 1) gets into opposition area...... 2) cuts inside from x flank.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Wingers work just as well as Inside Forwards so just use these players in whichever role they are more suited to.

Complete Forward – Comes deep to receive the ball, then uses his strength to hold up play while the bbm and inside forwards make their runs, then looks to play them in. A strong target man type player is best for this role and if he has a good jump reach then that will be perfect as he can then make the most of the tonnes of crosses fired in by the wing backs.

PPM to set......... likes to try to beat offside trap, but only if he is quick.

Training focus - strength.

NOTE: The default role is for a CF but use the striker in the role that he's best suited to. Deep Lying Forward or Defensive Forward can be used. Just make sure to set them on support duty.

TACTIC USAGE

I use the tactic usage formula below, making no changes to team mentality until half-time, unless we go 2 goals down, in which case I'll switch immediately to control and keep it there for the rest of the game or if I take the lead I'll switch to contain and put both wing backs on defend duty. If I'm leading by the odd goal at half-time, I'll drop the mentality one notch or if I'm anticipating a tough second half then I'll switch to contain and put both wing backs on defend.

Start each game with the following mentalities depending on the pre-match odds.........

Favourite (home) - Control

Odds on favourite (away) - Control

Favourite (away) - Standard

Opponent is favourite (home) - Standard

Opponent is favourite (away) - Counter

Opponent is odds on favourite (home) - Counter

Opponent is odds on favourite (away) - Contain & switch both wing backs to defend duty.

Cup finals or other matches at neutral venues should be treated as home games.

If you need to protect a lead and the priority is to avoid conceding, switch to 'contain' and put both wing backs on defend duty (credit to Sabine for this tip, which works very well). I prefer not to do this until half-time at the earliest. Needless to say, if the objective changes and you need to score, don't forget to revert them back to attack duty when upping the mentality. Also, if you switch from contain to a higher mentality, the tempo will automatically be set to 'normal' so you'll have to manually turn it down a notch to 'lower'.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Never go higher than Control as I find Attacking and Overload mentalities counter productive (too many wasted passes and shots from ridiculous angles and distances).

ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES

The advice above should suffice but I will reiterate some of it below as it is an absolute must if you want this tactic to work for you.........

1. Both wing backs, DMC and BBM must have a high work rate (minimum 14 in the top division).

2. Both wing backs must have good crossing ability (minimum 12).

3. Every player must have at least 7/10 in the green suitability circle.

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS AND TEAM TALKS

I let the assistant manager deal with OI's and also team talks as I'm playing the Touch version of the game where you can't do team talks yourself. Obviously, if you know what you're doing then would be better to do team talks yourself, although I would leave OI'S to the *** man. You need a decent one though so make sure he has high attributes for Tactical Knowledge, Judging Player Ability and Motivating.

FURTHER INFORMATION/ADVICE

The Striker and both CB's must NOT be on corner taking duty plus inswinging corners only.

As soon as a player picks up a booking, manually set him to 'ease off tackles' in order to avoid a second yellow. Front 4 are set to this by default.

Do not buy a DMC, BBM or wing backs with poor work rate, they're not compatible with this tactic. I had Carrick at Man Utd with a 'work rate' rating of 11..... got rid straight away.

For your best free-kick takers, set their PPM to 'tries long range free kicks' as the default setting is to float the ball into the box, even when there's a clear scoring opportunity with a direct shot. Once this PPM is acquired, they won't waste such opportunities.

Every player that has less than 12 for long shots should be trained to 'refrain from taking long shots'. For the Inside Forwards/Wingers and Striker this is a priority as they tend to waste good passing opportunities by taking ridiculous shots from distance....... this PPM will help to minimize that.

MY GAME SO FAR

First 30 games played with Man Utd........ 25 wins, 4 draws and just 1 loss with 19 clean sheets, failing to score only twice.

24e3eab2f7.jpg

FINAL WORD

The tactic is work in progress so I'm relying on feedback before I make any changes.

Franky's SUPREME Tactic for FM 17 (17.1.1)_91FE3194-3AFA-4E2E-8E29-75267A417AB3.fmf