Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
Instead of starting new threads, please put your small question in here.

A small question is in my definition a question that has a straight answer, a question that there is no point in having a discussion about. when the one has provided enough information about the problem If you feel that you want to brainstorm around a subject you have doubts about,, feel free to start a thread about it

Please note that this is the tactics & training part of the forum so if you have anything that relates to graphics, players or if you are wondering if your computer is good enough to run FM11, don't hesitate to ask your questions in those parts of the forum instead.

Cheers

Last edited:
Ok, i want to make a tactic that uses a sweeper (not libero), so i am wondering what defensive line suits a sweeper, would it be high or deep? and also what attributes make a good sweeper?

Thanks

Ok, i want to make a tactic that uses a sweeper (not libero), so i am wondering what defensive line suits a sweeper, would it be high or deep? and also what attributes make a good sweeper?

Thanks

In the real world, along way form FM, you never use a sweeper playing with a high d-line, unless actually wanting to be caught off guard by wingers storming forward, wingers that your might have caught offside otherwise or would have been able to push wide. As for the attributes, they are to be found in the wizard, Just change the players role to sweeper, the the main attributes will be highlighted for you

In the real world, along way form FM, you never use a sweeper playing with a high d-line, unless actually wanting to be caught off guard by wingers storming forward, wingers that your might have caught offside otherwise or would have been able to push wide. As for the attributes, they are to be found in the wizard, Just change the players role to sweeper, the the main attributes will be highlighted for you
Ok thanks for that TBH

Can any one help me with my newcastle team am just starting out on fm11 so my first season and im not sure what type of players to bring in let alone tactics ive tried playing a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 but i cant seem to score.

Can any one help me with my newcastle team am just starting out on fm11 so my first season and im not sure what type of players to bring in let alone tactics ive tried playing a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 but i cant seem to score.

Since its a huge question and not a small, use the one about asking for the approach/tactics. ..and if you want some good answers, you need to provide more info

Last edited:
Hello guys, I'm new here, and I have a small question.
In the Match Preparation section, I cannot choose the type of approach I want (between Defense Positioning, Attack Movement, None, Team Blend, and whatever).
The Attack Movement option is the one selected, and I may choose another one, but it always comes back to Attack Movement each time I return to the MP Section.
It just doesn't save my changes, so I'm doomed to prepare Attack Movement forever.
Did anyone have this problem?
I also checked the Assistant Manager is NOT taking care of Match Preparation so that is not his problem.

Thanks for the help.

Playing as United (my big game save) 4-4-2 (at work so no screenshots sorry)

Fluid
shorter passing
more creative
more pressing
zonal marking
more roaming

I have two complete forwards in rooney (right side support) and berbatov (left side attack)
Behind them I have hazard (ML winger attack, but tweaked so his setting are identical to AML advanced playmaker/attack), fletcher (MCL central mid/defend), hamsik (MCR central mid/attack) Nani (MR winger attack)

my small questions are: what kind of wideplay should my forwards have?, would it be beneficial for both of them to have Moves into channels wideplay?

Can anybody tell me how I apply training schedules and formations on a mac? I down load them and cant find where to save to and apply... detailed instructions if you please :)

i was wondering if it was better to have older, more experienced players taking penalties in a shootout even if a younger player has a better penalty rating?

I've been knocked out of 3 semi finals on penalties and all my players missed, yet in regular matches all my penalties have been scored.

First game I started during the start I chose 6000 players database which game the game/computer performance 4 stars. Now since that time everytime I start a game its only 2 stars - why is this?

i was wondering if it was better to have older, more experienced players taking penalties in a shootout even if a younger player has a better penalty rating?

I've been knocked out of 3 semi finals on penalties and all my players missed, yet in regular matches all my penalties have been scored.

Just like you hinted yourself, its not only the penalty stat that decides how good he when it comes to putting it away. Among other things, his consistency and how he handles pressure are in my opinion far more important so yes, older players have an advantage here.

This is soo stupid question but.....
how to make a tactics?(im seriously)

Playing as United (my big game save) 4-4-2 (at work so no screenshots sorry)

Fluid
shorter passing
more creative
more pressing
zonal marking
more roaming

I have two complete forwards in rooney (right side support) and berbatov (left side attack)
Behind them I have hazard (ML winger attack, but tweaked so his setting are identical to AML advanced playmaker/attack), fletcher (MCL central mid/defend), hamsik (MCR central mid/attack) Nani (MR winger attack)

my small questions are: what kind of wideplay should my forwards have?, would it be beneficial for both of them to have Moves into channels wideplay?

Have Berbatov move into the channels, and make some space for Rooney, when he drops deeper into your midfield, to pick out passes. Berbatov's creativity will allow him to find the space and, hopefully, score.

Rooney shouldn't have much, if not any wideplay, since you have Hazard and Nani dominating the flanks.

Hi I think I have a rather small question, but it's really a big problem for me.

How do you stop conceding from corners? Is it a bug or something but I always conceded almost 1 per game.

The drill is the corner taker swing it to 1 yard box and a player pops up from the deep and tap it in easily. That, or the as-we-know-it far post corner.

Can anyone help? Tried to set all players on 'back', 'man marking' but no luck.

First game I started during the start I chose 6000 players database which game the game/computer performance 4 stars. Now since that time everytime I start a game its only 2 stars - why is this?

Perhaps you havce changed something else. Graphics, the animation choice etc.

As far as I know, the game checked performance in real time; i.e if you open 30 tabs of Firefox, the computer performance will drop to 1.

This is soo stupid question but.....
how to make a tactics?(im seriously)
1. click your team
2. click tactics, (it's located besides players)
3. click tactics again on right side (below talk to press button)
4. click create tactics

Last edited: