Taking Southampton North!

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 616K

The first sale, as Monaco make Ramirez’s loan permanent

Milik tries to start a dressing room row. None of the players are on his side, at this point anyway. He only wants to leave for money, and he’s one of the squad’s top earners, so it’s difficult to imagine him garnering too much sympathy.

This is frustrating though! Paris Saint-Germain meet Zivkovic’s 60m release clause. He was shaping to be an important player for me this season, but I have no doubt he will sign for them now.

The results from around Europe. Real Madrid capitalise on a relatively straightforward draw to take the Champions League crown, whilst Köln turn over a trio of Italian sides before beating another surprise package Trabzonspor in the Europa League Final. All 5 Champions in the top domestic leagues retain their crowns from the previous season.

Transfer News...

As expected, Zivkovic jumps ship to Paris. Disappointing to lose such a huge talent, but a 60m profit is hardly a disaster. Obliterates the club’s record sale too.

Another huge frustration as, due to the transfer embargo, I’m unable to rival Wolves for the signature of Cook. I’m sure he would have chosen us, too!

Targett leaves. It was a tough decision, but he was the weakest of my 3 left backs, and was already close to his full potential.

They will be mad if they let you go man ! Even if they do though I am sure that many teams will come and offer you a job! No matter what it happens it is going to be a very interesting twist in the story !

They will be mad if they let you go man ! Even if they do though I am sure that many teams will come and offer you a job! No matter what it happens it is going to be a very interesting twist in the story !

Yeah for sure, I'd much rather be kept on but if I have to find a job elsewhere, so be it

Transfer News...

My first signing of the summer is a former Saint! Hopefully he will stick around for a little bit longer this time. Chambers has the talent to be a mainstay in our backline for many years to come. He will likely play at centre back more often, this season at least.

Sadly, my other key target chose 21.5k per week at PSG rather than 80k per week with us! I loaded up the bonuses like signing on fee and agent fee, but in the end he chose Champions League football I guess. Their squad is stacked, he may well be available in a years time. I’m not likely to sign another centre midfielder instead though, and I may well be done with incoming transfers for the season. I’d like to give some young players, particularly youth products like Seager, Slattery, Sims and Reed, some game time this season.

This means that some of the current squad have to give way. Juanmi is one of the big name departures, whilst we also part company with Mane, Davis and Cazares (loan), amongst others.

Injury News...

Just two days out from our opening match, Gitschier gets a nasty injury. Very frustrating.

Jay Rodriguez departs. After losing out to Milik and Kießling last season, I couldn’t justify keeping him around with the wages he’s on, and with Seager, Sindelar and Persson looking for minutes.

Here are the preseason results - pretty good, on the whole. It might seem odd that I’ve just sold the top scorer of preseason, but he was given a lot of minutes by my assistant for whatever reason, and I learned back in the first season how little preseason means. Long and Pelle both went nuts in preseason, and then couldn’t hit the side of a barn once the season began - it was in fact Rodriguez who came from nowhere to claim the starting striker berth.

English Premier League - Game 1 - Crystal Palace (Away)

Our opening fixture is away to newly promoted Crystal Palace, who I’m told we lost to last time we played them. Let’s hope this goes much better as we look to kick start our new season. Injuries to Kießling, Dario Rodriguez - the only Rodriguez left at the club - and Gitschier mean that Seager and youth team winger Jacobsen are on the bench.

In the 22nd minute Luan fed Ward-Prowse down the right, and he sent in a cross for Pjaca at the back post. It ricocheted off of a couple of defenders though, and fell to Milik, who took a touch and then hammered it home!

In the 27th minute Tadic played a nice ball to Milik, who surged past his man but was denied at close range by McCarthy.

In the 42nd minute a corner was cleared, and Ward-Prowse sent a low hard cross back into the area. It was turned home by Wanyama at close range, but he was flagged offside. It was marginal.

Ward-Prowse strained his back and was replaced by De Paul in the 58th minute, a move which saw Pjaca go to right wing.

It was then Pjaca who doubled our lead in the 69th minute, as some lovely movement and passing dragged the Palace defenders out of position, before Augustinsson’s low cross was converted at the back post by the Croatian.

5 minutes later Pjaca had his second, racing onto a chipped pass from Luan and sliding the ball past the keeper.

In the 76th minute Balic and Jacobsen, making his debut, replaced Wanyama and Tadic. Jacobsen went to right wing, Pjaca to left and De Paul to AMC.

In stoppage time Augustinsson was tripped just inside the area, and a penalty was given. Pjaca with the chance to seal his hat trick - saved!

The only disappointment from an excellent opening day performance. Especially impressive considering our struggles on the road last year. Luan looks to have picked up where he left off last season with a Man of the Match display, whilst just about everyone else looked very sharp too.

POM: Luan (9.0, 0G, 1A)

Creat start man despite the injuries that are keep coming !

English Premier League - Game 2 - Newcastle United (Home)

Our first home match of the season. Pjaca starts on the right in the absence of Ward-Prowse, with De Paul taking his place on the left. Chambers comes into the starting lineup to make his second Saints debut in place of Upamecano, due to his aerial superiority, which will be needed against Graziano Pelle.

Pjaca opened the scoring in the 8th minute with an acrobatic header from Augustinsson’s cross. Great effort from the winger!

But in the 20th minute they equalised, Pelle with a near post tap in after Sissoko showed incredible skill to escape Augustinsson down the flank and put in a low cross.

Kießling and debutant Sims replaced Milik and De Paul in the 65th minute.

Balic replaced Clasie in the 75th.

A disappointing effort to follow up such a great performance last week, as we couldn’t find a way through against Newcastle after Pjaca’s opener. At least this time they didn’t score a last minute winner.

POM: Ludwig Augustinsson (8.5, 0G, 1A)

Back