Taking Southampton North!

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 616K
I'm Madritista so I try explain that why Real's fans are so crazy when team don't play good or one player plays one bad game. We fans are get to used that we are domination in La Liga and in CL and that's always been in attacking way. We demand always good perfomance and we demand always victory no matter is who we are playing against. Today Real are a f*cking mess cause Perez can't do right choices with head coaches. And well I understand players have **** games sometimes but cause that pressure what come with fans and press some players aren't good enough mental and that pressure get into their head and when that pressure get into players head he can go worse and lose their self confident then some fans go crazy and think he is bad player sadly this happens often.

Yeah fair enough, Perez is a complete joke so it's fair to be frustrated. I just don't like how some fans take it out on the players and change their minds so frequently. They need to give the players more of a chance

Yeah fair enough, Perez is a complete joke so it's fair to be frustrated. I just don't like how some fans take it out on the players and change their minds so frequently. They need to give the players more of a chance

Yes that's true

Transfer News...

Chelsea had transfer listed an unhappy Butland, and I saw an opportunity to upgrade my backup keeper. His wages are only slightly higher than Forster’s, and he should prove a more reliable option in the Cups and if Dragowski is injured.

Arsenal want Vietto back! This is hilarious. After he scored 4 against them they’ve obviously realised what a mistake it was to sell him so cheaply, but I’m not giving him back!

Forster rejects contracts from PSG and Sampdoria, so now I have an extra goalkeeper, unless I can shift him somehow. Who turns down PSG when they're 3rd choice at their current club anyway??

We were on the road for just about the whole of preseason, picking up excellent away wins against AC Milan and Dortmund. We lost to a 90th minute set piece at Arsenal in Walcott’s testimonial and drew with River Plate after outshooting them 27-3. All in all, not a bad effort. As usual, my assistant was in charge.

I don't get enough time to write how well this done this is Patrick but just before we start another season and whilst my boss has left the room, its probably a good time to say how much I'm enjoying this! Keep up the great work!

As said above, what a great story. It has kept me company on many a work day afternoons!

Keep it up!

Nice preseason and aren't you just the worst thing for workplace efficiency it seems

also so congrats you now have the most viewed fm16 story and well deserved

Caught up just in time before you kicked off the new season. Well done on everything you've achieved so far man! Great signing with Dimarco too. Class player for me!

I don't get enough time to write how well this done this is Patrick but just before we start another season and whilst my boss has left the room, its probably a good time to say how much I'm enjoying this! Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the support DerbyJack, I really appreciate it. I'm glad you're enjoying it as much as I'm enjoying yours!

As said above, what a great story. It has kept me company on many a work day afternoons!

Keep it up!

Thanks mate, I really appreciate it! I hope you will continue to enjoy :)

Nice preseason and aren't you just the worst thing for workplace efficiency it seems

also so congrats you now have the most viewed fm16 story and well deserved

Hahaha apparently so. I'll have to go into hiding soon before there's a bounty on my head! I'm not sure it's deserving of the most views of all the stories on the site, but I'm delighted nonetheless! :)

Caught up just in time before you kicked off the new season. Well done on everything you've achieved so far man! Great signing with Dimarco too. Class player for me!

Thanks man, I'm winning our trophy count now! :P

Hopefully Dimarco will prove to be worth the outlay :) You brought in Ward-Prowse, so I had to get one of your players :P Even if I sold another we had in common, Pjaca

Thanks everyone, I love the comments and really appreciate them. Comments like these make it all worthwhile :)

Transfer News...

Thought I’d better post a transfer update before our first competitive match, because a large number of the prospects departed on loan. You’ll recognise a number of the names in that list from the squad overview a few pages back. We’re probably more or less finished in the market though, bar one or two of hot prospects who were arranged a while ago and are arriving at some point this window I think. The second screenshot is departures.

English Community Shield - Grand Final - Watford FC (Neutral)

Dimarco is back from injury in time to start in the Community Shield against unlikely FA Cup champions Watford. They have an excellent keeper and a decent squad, and beat us last time we met, so they’re in with a chance, but I’ll be disappointed if we can’t beat them. Ward-Prowse steps in at right back due to Chambers’ injury and Nishimura’s international duty absence.

In the 13th minute Ward-Prowse proved he’s a weapon even at right back, picking out Vietto with a cross, and last season’s top scorer opened his account with a calm finish.

But in the 20th minute, Troy Deeney equalised for Watford with a spectacular bicycle kick from a corner! Let me just repeat that. Troy Deeney. Bicycle kick. One all. Extraordinary.

Miguel debuted in place of fellow debutant Dimarco in the 62nd minute.

Another debutant, Doebel, entered the fray in the 70th minute in place of Rodriguez. Tadic also replaced Balic, with Asensio moving to midfield.

But penalties it was!

Asensio up first…goal!

Ghilas for Watford…goal!

Vietto now…hits the post! **** it!

Mangala…saved! Dragowski didn’t move as it was straight at him!

Gitschier…you bet! Easy as you please!

Deeney…goal! Dragowski should have saved it, he didn’t move when all he had to do was stick out a hand as it went right next to him.

Tadic…goal! Keeps his nerve.

Corona now…goal! Tied at 3 after 4 each, so it’s sudden death now!

Aymeric Laporte…very lucky! Almost straight at a motionless Rajkovic, but it ricochets in off the keeper.

Souttar to keep Watford in it…saved by Dragowski! That’s the game!

Well it took penalties in the end, but I’ve won my fourth trophy! Gitschier was a class apart today, with 13 key passes, and Ward-Prowse was excellent, but the rest of the team were pretty rusty. The debutants coped pretty well though, and hopefully we’re in for a great season!

POM: Moritz Gitschier (9.0, 0G, 0A)

Always good to start with a trophy when it's possible. Maybe this time the players will begin the league season strongly and you won't have to be fighting the get back from behind.

Always good to start with a trophy when it's possible. Maybe this time the players will begin the league season strongly and you won't have to be fighting the get back from behind.

Yeah definitely nice to win, even if it's not an important trophy. Let's hope we can carry it into the league and give a good account of ourselves trying to defend the league title

Jorge Miguel became natural at left back remarkably quickly, suggesting he is quite versatile, but more importantly, his potential ability has finally shot up to 5 stars. I’m pleased to see that I was right all along!

James Ward-Prowse has been appointed the new club captain, a decision that has been very well received by the squad. Tadic will continue as vice-captain.

Transfer News...

Forster has been nothing less than a consummate professional during his time here. Hopefully he will get the first team football he deserves at Sheffield Wednesday, who are in the Premier League this season.

This lad was signed from under the noses of Bayern Munich, and it’s easy to see why. My scouts rated him at 5 stars but my coaches only 3.5. I’m sure their opinion will change pretty quickly, because he looks like a serious talent, à la Miguel.

Arsenal want to pay 60 million for the bloke they paid 41 million for two years ago, and sold to us for 14.5 million last year. As hilarious as that would be, I’m not going to let them make the same error twice. What can I say, I’m a nice guy!

English Premier League - Game 1 - Ipswich Town (Home)

Man City and Arsenal played at the Emirates to open the Premier League season this morning, with a 93rd minute equalising penalty snatching a point for the Citizens in a very even match. Pjaca debuted for the Gunners. The only change from my Community Shield is Clasie in for Balic. Hopefully we can get off to a good start against Ipswich, and set the tone for the season ahead. Despite our title triumph last season, we’re fourth favourites for the league behind Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal. Ipswich have added Wayne Rooney and Mattia Destro to the side that finished comfortably mid-table last season, giving them a formidable strike force.

But it took just two minutes for Asensio to fire us in front, with a close range header from a Dimarco cross, after the Italian had been brilliantly released by Gitschier. Great start!

From a 5th minute corner Vietto headed the ball to Laporte, who was caught by a high foot from Luke Chambers - penalty! Asensio with the chance to add his second from the spot…goal! Rolled down the middle as the keeper dived away!

In the 12th minute Süle leapt highest for Asensio’s corner, and Gitschier redirected his header into the net from point blank range! We’re running riot at St. Mary’s!

Two minutes later an absolute rocket of a shot from Vietto was acrobatically saved by Smithies! Brilliant save from the keeper! Laporte headed the corner wide.

We made a triple change in the 63rd minute, as Persson, Doebel and Larsson replaced Vietto, Rodriguez and Wanyama.

Just two minutes later the two young Swedes combined, with Larsson picking out the run of Persson. He beat Smithies, but saw his shot rebound off the underside of the bar! So unlucky!

In the 90th minute Doebel demonstrated his lightning speed, beating Smith to a Clasie ball that he had no right to get to, before outpacing Chambers and finding himself alone with Smithies. He then showed that he still has work to do, hitting the inside of the post when he really should have scored. Bad luck.

A comfortable win in the end, as we blew them away in the opening 15 minutes. We could have won by more, but the woodwork was a bit unkind. Still, I’ll take that result every day of the week. Good stuff.

POM: Marco Asensio (8.8, 2G, 0A)

In other news, Porto lost to their B team in a friendly.

Injury News...

Frustration for young Terje Jacobsen, who will miss about a month.

This is great! Two strikers out a day before our next match. Sindelar has just returned to training and played 60 minutes for the U21’s the other day. He scored a hat trick, so hopefully he can carry that into the first team, despite his lack of fitness.

Fun fact: the word count on the document I have going for this story has hit and surpassed 98,000, and has overtaken the Mälmo document! This doesn’t include headings and the like.

English Premier League - Game 2 - AFC Bournemouth (Away)

A couple of changes to the lineup, as Nishimura returns from International duty to slot in at right back for his debut, restoring Ward-Prowse to midfield. Sindelar starts up top as my only somewhat fit striker, and Doebel starts on the left wing. Chelsea drew with Arsenal yesterday.

In the 4th minute we went ahead in comical fashion. Valsvik passed the ball back to his keeper Bond, who was put under pressure by Sindelar, and in a panic belted his clearance straight into Valsvik, and it rebounded straight back past him into the net! It doesn’t matter how you get them, as Own Goal opens his account for the season in spectacular style! All created by Sindelar’s pressing of the two centre backs and keeper.

Asensio put a great ball into the box on a 7th minute counter attack, but Gitschier’s volley was well saved by Bond.

But in the 42nd minute, Gitschier buried the opportunity presented to him by Asensio’s through ball, doubling our lead with a composed finish.

Kalinic was denied by Dragowski after escaping unmarked to receive a 47th minute free kick.

In the 51st minute Ward-Prowse switched the ball to Dimarco, who stepped inside his man with a gorgeous piece of skill, before rolling the ball across Bond and into the bottom corner! What a way to open his Saints account!

Lovell and Muller replaced Süle and Clasie in the 71st minute.

Rodriguez replaced Gitschier in the 78th. Doebel went to the right and Asensio to the middle.

Sindelar opened his account for the season in the 83rd minute with a close range half-volley from a Rodriguez cross. Asensio instigating the move once again.

Well that was another exceptional performance! Nishimura enjoyed a sensational debut, and Dimarco was equally brilliant on the opposite flank, even getting on the scoresheet! Maybe I won’t miss my top two fullbacks so much? Very solid defence and an electric attack once more, led by the brilliance of Asensio and Gitschier, and Ward-Prowse made a dominant return to midfield.

POM: Federico Dimarco (9.0, 1G, 0A)

Nishimura, despite his perfect debut, will miss our next match due to leave. He needs a rest after his international exploits.

Barca were slaughtered in the Spanish Super Cup both home and away by Champions League holders Atletico Madrid, who also won the UEFA Super Cup this season. Two from two. Could they win all 6 trophies this season?

Back