Which tandem is better?

• Torres/Drogba

Votes: 34 63.0%
  • Suarez/Carroll

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kezman's goal per game ratio was better than Van Nistelrooys in Holland. Its a gamble but then again most signings are a gamble. If it pays off then it will be an excellent gamble.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Berba didnt score last night did he ?? jw?

nope but i'm pretty sure he is top scorer in the league, he played well last night though linking up with Wayne in the typical fassion they do.

back on topic... making judgment before people see them i'd say on paper Torres/Drogba should be better BUT with Torres always prone to injury and Drogba always prone to a ***** fit, i'm going to say Carroll and Saurez will be most exciting to watch.

Yep like our terrible signing of Shevchenko, sad to say we probably screwed up the man's career

Shevchenko moved to Chelsea too late in his carrer i believe. We nearly signed him 2 years prior and Jose actually wanted him then. He joined Chelsea as a 30year old that wasnt wanted by his manager. I think if he joined when he was 27-28 then things might have been different.

Shevchenko moved to Chelsea too late in his carrer i believe. We nearly signed him 2 years prior and Jose actually wanted him then. He joined Chelsea as a 30year old that wasnt wanted by his manager. I think if he joined when he was 27-28 then things might have been different.

maybe but he never really coped with the English Game plus he was under a manager who did not want him as u said, was the best striker in the world when we bought him and now nobody actually remembers him much

nope but i'm pretty sure he is top scorer in the league, he played well last night though linking up with Wayne in the typical fassion they do.

back on topic... making judgment before people see them i'd say on paper Torres/Drogba should be better BUT with Torres always prone to injury and Drogba always prone to a ***** fit, i'm going to say Carroll and Saurez will be most exciting to watch.

Thats intresting because i believe the reason Berba hasent scored much for Utd before this season was because Rooney was top dog. I believe both players thrive on being the top dog as its the only way they know how. At the moment i think i may be being proved right. It wont effect Utd because aslong as you have atleast one of them scoring you will score goals and win games but thats just my opinion.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

I always think he never recovered from missing that penalty in Istanbul.

I think maybe thats abit extreme.

lol i think u have made it ur mission to undermine chelsea, u mean Suarez and Caroll are awesome guys right, never did a ***** fit, never bit anyone's shoulder, never beat their ex-girlfriend oO)

Thats intresting because i believe the reason Berba hasent scored much for Utd before this season was because Rooney was top dog. I believe both players thrive on being the top dog as its the only way they know how. At the moment i think i may be being proved right. It wont effect Utd because aslong as you have atleast one of them scoring you will score goals and win games but thats just my opinion.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

don't really want to get dragged off topic too much but you obviously haven't seen Rooney and Berbatov play alongside very often. they work very well together and are 99.9% always on the same rave length, Berba is having a very good season on the goal front but I don't put that down to him being seen as the "top dog"

none of us can see the future, lets at least wait till sunday before we can draw any sort of judgement

Even on sunday you can't pass any judgement on Carroll nd Suarez because Carroll's injured. However by stats it would be Drogba and Torres, But if you look at many things such as Real Madrid, they should be dominating every game. doesn't work that way. I think chelsea could have a problem because Torres and Drogba are both big stars so they want to be the main man. They may not even get on with each other who knows ? Just got to wait a while and see which pair gels together. Who says it will even be Torres and Drogba ? Drogba's been pretty poor the season maybe Torres up himself or with Anelka who knows...

I think it was because Rooney was asked to play the goal scoring striker, where as he is better as a worker and getting assists like he did with Ronaldo. That's why I think it works. Berba is lost without Rooney i'd say.

lol i think u have made it ur mission to undermine chelsea, u mean Suarez and Caroll are awesome guys right, never did a ***** fit, never bit anyone's shoulder, never beat their ex-girlfriend oO)

They got balls, which is something we have lacked whole season.

Not true, berbatov struggled last season becuase he wsnt rusted much in the 4-4-2 and we went 4-5-1 a lot. this season we have played it in games where last season we wouldnt have and he has thrived on it. think you have mistaken rooneys lack of goal scoring form for him needing to be top dog. United has always been a side built on partnerships. but that's an debate for another day

don't really want to get dragged off topic too much but you obviously haven't seen Rooney and Berbatov play alongside very often. they work very well together and are 99.9% always on the same rave length, Berba is having a very good season on the goal front but I don't put that down to him being seen as the "top dog"

i am not going to lie, they work quite well together although i always personally enjoyed seeing them play as lone strikers

Even on sunday you can't pass any judgement on Carroll nd Suarez because Carroll's injured. However by stats it would be Drogba and Torres, But if you look at many things such as Real Madrid, they should be dominating every game. doesn't work that way. I think chelsea could have a problem because Torres and Drogba are both big stars so they want to be the main man. They may not even get on with each other who knows ? Just got to wait a while and see which pair gels together. Who says it will even be Torres and Drogba ? Drogba's been pretty poor the season maybe Torres up himself or with Anelka who knows...

I think it was because Rooney was asked to play the goal scoring striker, where as he is better as a worker and getting assists like he did with Ronaldo. That's why I think it works. Berba is lost without Rooney i'd say.
well put. On paper england have a very good side, we all know how that went....

Personally, on paper, I see Torres and Drogba as great individuals, but if they can perform as a partnership is another question, as imo they are quite similar players, especially now Torres isn't as quick as he used to be, although that could just be match fitness.

Carroll and Suarez could compliment each other very well, although their individual talents might be lower than that of Torres/Drogba, if they manage to work well together and effectively 'click', then they could be awesome.

But as states earlier, we are going to have to wait to see them all in action together, and for the partnerships to gel before we can fully commit to a decision based on the two pairings.

lol, i really hope ur joking, there is nor pride in hitting a women or attacking someone like a woman ;)

I'm not joking. They are two players who know that the badge on the front is more important than any name on the back.

Look at Carrol, Torres should look at him and learn a thing or two about loyalty. Not once has Carrol said in an interview that he is going to a bigger club and he made it clear that he was pushed out.

I live in Holland and I've seen Suarez play a lot and he gives 100% in every game.

El $ulk had no workrate at all.

Drogba has scored 9 goals for Chelsea, a top four team. Torres has also scored 9, for a struggling Liverpool. Carroll has scored 11 for a newly promoted Newcastle.
(A)

I'm not joking. They are two players who know that the badge on the front is more important than any name on the back.

Look at Carrol, Torres should look at him and learn a thing or two about loyalty. Not once has Carrol said in an interview that he is going to a bigger club and he made it clear that he was pushed out.

I live in Holland and I've seen Suarez play a lot and he gives 100% in every game.

lol how is hitting ur girlfriend or biting somoene related to being loyal to ur club, the Caroll story is debatable, we never rally know if he was pushed out, btw I am pretty sure Torres will up his workrate now that he got his wish

lol how is hitting ur girlfriend or biting somoene related to being loyal to ur club, the Caroll story is debatable, we never rally know if he was pushed out, btw I am pretty sure Torres will up his workrate now that he got his wish

Did you read my whole post? I wasn't talking about biting or hitting someone at all.

And Carrol was interviewed by Sky yesterday in which he confirmed the leaked texts. Even if it's not true, at least he doesn't **** on his former fans.

How is Torres not loyal??? He fought his **** off when he was at Liverpool and was let down by promises that wearnt met. He turned down moves to Real Madrid because of his love for Athletico Madrid. He could have left Liverpool in the summer but didnt as he gave the new management a chance and yet again things didnt change. Torres is not and has never been a scouser or a Liverpool fan.

Drogba has scored 9 goals for Chelsea, a top four team. Torres has also scored 9, for a struggling Liverpool. Carroll has scored 11 for a newly promoted Newcastle.
(A)

Fair point, but Torres has been injured and as Pool fans said at the time being fed the wrong way ( long balls) and Drogba has had the small issue of malaria.

Status
Not open for further replies.