Chrissy Ross

Reaction score
"Hi there, my name is Chrissy Dude, you may know me from previous rage quit threads or massive online chimp outs on tactical threads. Today I present to you a tactic that is so ******* awesome, even the veterans of tactic son here will blow their load at just how ******* fantastic this is. Ladies and single, overweight and massively baiting diabetes gentlemen, I present to you Tannerbawbag - A very Scottish way of playing."

Introduction/justification/ego trip

I have over the last few weeks seen a scramble for that 'killer' tactic. Many players simply just want to get a tactic and win games without having to tinker to nearly OCD levels of micro management. These players also don't want to play FM Classic which is meant for this purpose but the full game. Basically you are all annoying ***** but I have a solution.

To try and reach a happy medium for players I have created a tactic that can hopefully be used with minimal fuss and I have given you for the first time, instructions on how I actually play the game to reach the results I want.

I have basically went for what i feel works best. My theory is, if it works for underdog teams it will smash teams apart with quality sides. I test all my tactics with West Ham now because I ******* hate them and if they lose i'm not emotionally invested. They also have a healthy mix of players for almost all tactical variations.

Now I play in a pretty unique and lazy arsed fashion. I normally get an assistant with high 'discipline' stat and holiday between games. I do this even in testing. I reccomend that you DON'T do this if you want great results, but instead manage the players who come to you with disputes, call team meetings after a bad result or two, handle the press conferences and deal with micro managing. This game rewards those that sink TIME into it. I however, quite simply cannot be ****** with that. I want to log on, holiday between games and get results.
Now I do still get results, even though I am half assing it. The above paragraph is for your benefit if things go **** up. I do call team meetings if I go two games without a win however. I do discipline players for red cards, I do discipline players for below 6.4 performances each with warnings and 1 week fines for straight reds and 5.9 and under performances.

NO OI's
I have included no OI's in this tactic, mainly because it's a pain in the **** and secondly because the lower down the leagues/lower quality of team you go, the less effective they are. They also tend to conflict with the team instructions I like to deploy as well. This is possibly complete bollocks but I'm going to refer ANY **** that asks on this thread to this section as I will invariably get asked about OI's at some ******* stage.

Attacking choices
My roles and choice of roles are for fluidity and movement. You beat teams in this game by catching the opposition out through fast transition of the ball or through overloading and pressure. The roles chosen reflect that.

Defensive choices
Pressure and attack space. I basically don't want gaps in the pitch that can be exploited and I wand the oppositon under pressure as soon as they get possession. The team instructions and player roles reflect this.

Team Formation and Team instructions

View attachment 287698

COACHES
The first thing I do when I load up is get the right staff. This is crucial as you ideal want their trianing workload to be average and 4* minimum.
The training categories are Aerobic and Strength, Shot Stopping and Handling, Tactics, Ball Control, Defending, Attacking, Shooting.
Attributes to look out for are high determination, level of discipline and motivating. Couple these with the attributes above and you wil get decent coaches

View attachment 287697

Training

View attachment 287689

View attachment 287688

Player Roles for filters/preseason training/team talks and morale

Now I could copy and paste but i'll instead give you the sources I used to work out how to play the game. The more you invest in each of these, the better the results. Neglect teamtalks and player/team morale and even the best tactic is more dead then your Grannies *****.

For information on Player roles and what you should be looking for in recruitment;
FM 2014 Key Attributes for Each Player Role and Duty • FM Stories

For setting up in pre-season read the following article;
http://www.passion4fm.com/pre-season-assignments-increase-match-fitness/

For team talks the article below is still relevant;
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-fm14-how-get-right-reaction.html#post1712428

For keeping morale high the article below helps;
http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/squad/player-morale-and-relationships#morale

SET PIECES

When thinking about set pieces I always ask myself, what would Tony Pulis do? Much the same way a serial kiler no doubt asks themselves what the Waffen S.S. might do, but with less horrible results.

For set pieces I have basically taken the scumbag approach and went for whatever works for others. RB takes Left hand corners, LB takes RH corners. LB takes left long throws, RB takes right long throws. Both fullbacks show possess long flat throw as a preferred move for efficiency. Credit goes to the community for my blatant theft shown below;

View attachment 287696

View attachment 287695

View attachment 287694

View attachment 287693

View attachment 287692

View attachment 287691

Analysis;
Team Shape and passing options

View attachment 287687

View attachment 287686

Some half arsed screenshots you all place WAY too much currency on.

View attachment 287685View attachment 287684So there it is, a tactic with tonnes of information which most of you will ******* ignore and I bet within three pages I get asked the answer to something I refer to the opening post for. If it happens within two pages, I kill the cat. You'll be to ******* blame as well.

Hope you enjoy the tactic, I'm away to do things that are between me and my ISP.

Enjoy. Any questions, ask jeeves.

**** this tactic!!!! :p Only joking mate will give this a go the morra

The greatest OP ever created on fmbase...hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

well just got the game for £20 so will give this a go with my man u long term save

If there is anything I've missed i'll update the OP once i've had enough vodka to give a ****. Enjoy lads.

Oh and I typed that up drunk. If there is any typos, then well that's life. That was the non offensive version as well.

Always cheery write up as per usual, read it all because it was entertaining in itself ha

Great OP, enjoyed reading every bit of it! Keen to try the tactic now!

[video=youtube;XANuuen1TAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XANuuen1TAs[/video]

Thought they would be more posts than this on here, no one tried it yet?

I got offered the Bayern job at the end of 2018/19 season and took it. I love the ElJoy tactic but will use this first. So far pre season p 3 w 1 d 2.