• Yes

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
As we have all proberly seen there are reports suggesting that Fabio Capello may hand John Terry back the England captaincy after stripping if off him just before the World Cup last year.

I will stress that at the moment these are just reports but there does seem to be some air of truth about this. I have always believed that Capello was forced to remove Terry as captain by the media/men in suits at the FA. England have a friendly coming up at the end of this month against Ghana and with both captain Ferdinand and vice captain Gerrard out injured it could be a good time for Capello to change his captain.

Speaking as a England fan i personly believe John Terry is the only player in and around the England squad that raises his game when he is wearing that armband. Gerrard, Rooney, Ferdinand and Lampard are all leaders but for me Terry has to be captain. Reports are suggesting that Capello wants to hand him back the captaincy perminantly and not just for this game and the FA have said they will back Capello with any decision he desides to make.

Question?? Do you think Terry should be handed back the England captaincy??

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6808808,00.html

I sincerely believe that he is the best man for the job of England captain, but should he be reprieved for the whole Wayne Bridge thing? I honestly can't decide.

As we have all proberly seen there are reports suggesting that Fabio Capello may hand John Terry back the England captaincy after stripping if off him just before the World Cup last year.

I will stress that at the moment these are just reports but there does seem to be some air of truth about this. I have always believed that Capello was forced to remove Terry as captain by the media/men in suits at the FA. England have a friendly coming up at the end of this month against Ghana and with both captain Ferdinand and vice captain Gerrard out injured it could be a good time for Capello to change his captain.

Speaking as a England fan i personly believe John Terry is the only player in and around the England squad that raises his game when he is wearing that armband. Gerrard, Rooney, Ferdinand and Lampard are all leaders but for me Terry has to be captain. Reports are suggesting that Capello wants to hand him back the captaincy perminantly and not just for this game and the FA have said they will back Capello with any decision he desides to make.

Question?? Do you think Terry should be handed back the England captaincy??

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6808808,00.html
not really bothered who is captain, it wont may any difference to their game, we have 5 or 6 natural leaders on the pitch, also am sceptical about these reports

not really bothered who is captain, it wont may any difference to their game, we have 5 or 6 natural leaders on the pitch, also am sceptical about these reports

I agree we have natural leaders on the pitch like i named but for me Terry actually likes the full authority. I mean his record speaks for itself as England captain.

4 - John Terry lost just four of his 28 matches as England captain, winning 18 (64%). Reinstatement? - OptaJoe. :)

4 - John Terry lost just four of his 28 matches as England captain, winning 18 (64%). Reinstatement? - OptaJoe. :)

Thanks for that lol, i was trying to look for a stat like that.

Without being biased (honestly), I have always thought that Gerrard should have been made England captain.

In an ideal world he should never have lost the captaincy IMO.

However once you have been stripped of the captaincy it sort of makes a mockery out of the FA's decision to do so if he gets given it back even for an insignificant game surely?

Therefore they wont be giving him the armband.

No he shouldt Rooney,Cole or Terry should never be captain, either Gerrard or Lampard

I agree we have natural leaders on the pitch like i named but for me Terry actually likes the full authority. I mean his record speaks for itself as England captain.
as long as him being made captain again doesnt disrupt the squad i'm not too bothered either way

Without being biased (honestly), I have always thought that Gerrard should have been made England captain.

I want him to retire at this point, tbh. He gets nothing but stick, and inuries. Concentrate on club.
But really, I don't really care for the England team, they're all decent individual players, but as a team...

Nope he should not be given it back. England need to progress from the so-called Golden Generation and give some more youngsters a chance.

My personal choice would be giving it to someone like Gerrard or even possibly Scott Parker. I know Parker doesn't have a wealth of international experience but he is a natural born leader and always gives 100%. I believe he could inspire the other players to actually put some effort in when they play for England instead of playing like they don't care.

And Terry is surrounded by controversy half the time. Not a good role model.

Shake it up Capello and get England start playing some good football.

He should never have lost the captaincy, what happened was nothing to do with football, disgrace.

Nope he should not be given it back. England need to progress from the so-called Golden Generation and give some more youngsters a chance.

My personal choice would be giving it to someone like Gerrard or even possibly Scott Parker. I know Parker doesn't have a wealth of international experience but he is a natural born leader and always gives 100%. I believe he could inspire the other players to actually put some effort in when they play for England instead of playing like they don't care.

And Terry is surrounded by controversy half the time. Not a good role model.

Shake it up Capello and get England start playing some good football.
didnt you watch our last game?

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

He should never have lost the captaincy, what happened was nothing to do with football, disgrace.
yeah becuase he did the dirty on an england team mate

didnt you watch our last game?

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

yeah becuase he did the dirty on an england team mate

I did watch it yes but come on.

England should be playing a lot better than that, it wasn't a great performance was it?

With or without arm band, Terry is a leader no doubt about it. With Rio's injury problems, i dont think it is a bad move. Should move on from the Bridge Terry saga and he should be handed the arm band of Rio wont be able to make up..

I did watch it yes but come on.

England should be playing a lot better than that, it wasn't a great performance was it?
you mean against a very good danish side? lets not make ourselves better than we actually are, it was a good performance

I am biased and I say Lampard should be England captain.

you mean against a very good danish side? lets not make ourselves better than we actually are, it was a good performance

Exactly a good performance but not a great one. We can still play better.

Back