• Views Views 9K

John Terry back as England captain?

• Yes

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yer i know this mate. She has always insisted that they never had *** at all but was just really close. But some people will say why hasent Terry come out and said the same then. But i dont think it will make much difference, once the media have an opinion of someone it never changes.
well he had the chance to put his side across, but thats not the point. the issue was becuase it was on a team mate, and there is no denying it damaged the squad. that's why he lost it. and as long as him getting it back wouldnt hurt the squad againt i have no problems with it

well he had the chance to put his side across, but thats not the point. the issue was becuase it was on a team mate, and there is no denying it damaged the squad. that's why he lost it. and as long as him getting it back wouldnt hurt the squad againt i have no problems with it

Yer im not condemming what he done because if its true then its wrong obviously. I have an issue with Capello changing his captain when he proberly didnt want to. I have spoke to quite a few people from other countrys and alot of them said they were laughing when they found out England changed there captain just months before a WC.

Fair enough, wasent sure who was captain but thought it was Hyypia or Carragher but obviously i think your right as you would know lol. Yer i see where your coming from mate i do but obviously i have seen JT week in week out for nearly 10years now and the man thrives on wearing that armband.

now you got me trying to remember if it was him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm6-S6T_nGk&NR=1

I can see the armband!

Last edited:
Yer im not condemming what he done because if its true then its wrong obviously. I have an issue with Capello changing his captain when he proberly didnt want to. I have spoke to quite a few people from other countrys and alot of them said they were laughing when they found out England changed there captain just months before a WC.
not like terry left him with a lot of options to be fair, he has to put the squad first, so he had to do something in their eyes.

not like terry left him with a lot of options to be fair, he has to put the squad first, so he had to do something in their eyes.

Oh yer i know i can see that. I just think Capello knew that Terry was his best choice of captain but felt he had no other option and he had to take his captaincy off him. Like you say and i agree with you, if it dosent effect any of the other players then yer why not give it back to him.

Funny how we only played well under him as skipper, in the world cup we did ****, no control over our defence, Rooney knew the media knew about what he did, the media are to blame for our world cup.

Joe Hart ;)

Jokes aside, Terry is the perfect captain..

Funny how we only played well under him as skipper, in the world cup we did ****, no control over our defence, Rooney knew the media knew about what he did, the media are to blame for our world cup.

In a way yes they are but they didnt make the players do what they did.

Oh yer i know i can see that. I just think Capello knew that Terry was his best choice of captain but felt he had no other option and he had to take his captaincy off him. Like you say and i agree with you, if it dosent effect any of the other players then yer why not give it back to him.
yeah of course he did. you can bet that stripping him of the captaincy was the last thing he wanted to do, but the only thing he could do, but it seems the side have put that in the past now, and to be honest who gives a fig what the media thinks, they spend half their time sticking the knife in

For on-pitch leadership, I certainly believe Terry is the most suitable out of those Capello keeps choosing to pick.

Has he stopped messing with teammates wifes' already?

Now seriously (a bit more), it may be good to consider a possible impact on his national team mates, if they would feel happy or confortable with such a decision.

Nothing to do with No Rio then..? And th fact Carragher was playing Centre back, when it wa clear he was out of his depth. and Our back four had no cover at all from the "Holding midfielder" which is Gareth Barry,

35 votes for yes, 35 for no :P

and I think he should be captain again. He's the best choice, and Gerrard should be vice-captain over Rio definitely.

Are people forgetting his little lets try and over throw Fabio capello revolt at the World Cup..? This man is an ego filled limited talent of a player. Who has got through his career by shouting loudest rather then his ability of a footballer. He has had other players pace bail hm out many of times. He lacks mobility, pace and general ability of the ball now. He should never captain england again.

Reports in Sunday papers today suggest Rio will keep the captaincy provided he proves his fitness.

My thoughts:

Rio - Can't stay fit, but a decent captain.

Terry - Passionate, determined, a born winner, fantastic captain, and still a great centre back despite a lack of pace and despite Scotts protests. But as Scott correctly adds, unfotunately JT tried to oust the manager and is also a serial *******.

Lampard - uninspiring, safe option

Gerrard - Can't convert the passion and leadership he shows with the Liverpool armband into England captaincy.

Rooney - Lunatic. Is an inspiring leader, but leads by example rather than the sleeves up, organisational type approach we need. Can you see Wazza giving a team talk? I can't.

Ashley Cole? - Seems less of a leader than Lampard if that's physically possible.

Other options? The only other leaders/captain material aren't yet regular starters for England, so until the current crop of senior players retire i can't see anyone else wearing the armband on a regular basis. Dawson? Jagielka? Looking further into the future, Wilshire? Smalling?

Last edited:
I honestly couldn't care less, they're always injured anyway.

Are people forgetting his little lets try and over throw Fabio capello revolt at the World Cup..? This man is an ego filled limited talent of a player. Who has got through his career by shouting loudest rather then his ability of a footballer. He has had other players pace bail hm out many of times. He lacks mobility, pace and general ability of the ball now. He should never captain england again.

Very harsh and untrue. Terry actually is a very good footballing centre half. Whos pace has he relied on Carvalho??Alex??Ivanovic?? All 3 are not quick at all. Every centre half that comes along we always hear the same quote "he makes Terry look good". Well maybe its Terry that makes Terry look good??

I understand and accept people who may not like the bloke but his footballing ability and passion is unquestionable.

Very harsh and untrue. Terry actually is a very good footballing centre half. Whos pace has he relied on Carvalho??Alex??Ivanovic?? All 3 are not quick at all. Every centre half that comes along we always hear the same quote "he makes Terry look good". Well maybe its Terry that makes Terry look good??

I understand and accept people who may not like the bloke but his footballing ability and passion is unquestionable.

Cavalho has reading of the ball, made up for many mistakes he made for many years, and now Luiz has been signed, he will do a similar job. Terry has look average this year at best.

He was a very good Centre Back, but this isnt 2008 anymore mate. He has decided to blinker his career, with ******** a team mates girl friend, Try too over throw the manager during a world cup campaign( one which he wasnt evn captain) who the **** does he really think he is..? For him to be made England captain, even for these games, would be considered a real joke.

Cavalho has reading of the ball, made up for many mistakes he made for many years, and now Luiz has been signed, he will do a similar job. Terry has look average this year at best.

He was a very good Centre Back, but this isnt 2008 anymore mate. He has decided to blinker his career, with ******** a team mates girl friend, Try too over throw the manager during a world cup campaign( one which he wasnt evn captain) who the **** does he really think he is..? For him to be made England captain, even for these games, would be considered a real joke.

Terry said what we all was thinking at the wc simple as that. The captain was ment to do that interview and where was he?? Last season and this season so far we have the best defensive record in the pl and JT is a huge part of that. Like i say dislike him all you like but he is still one of the best centre backs in Europe and would get in most sides starting 11 no question.

Terry said what we all was thinking at the wc simple as that. The captain was ment to do that interview and where was he?? Last season and this season so far we have the best defensive record in the pl and JT is a huge part of that. Like i say dislike him all you like but he is still one of the best centre backs in Europe and would get in most sides starting 11 no question.

I wouldnt have him in Uniteds.. It wasnt his place to say that, and to say it to the press, In the middle of a WC campaign showed a reckless and arrogant side of him, He honestly thought what..? He was bigger then Capello, The FA, England national team. He alienated the other players. Your defensive record means nothing on his ability, he has been nothing more then Average.

Back