• Views Views 9K

John Terry back as England captain?

• Yes

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
easiest solution is drop both of them (massive egos) as they both past their best.start again with young partnership they will play 2014 world cup and beyond.

yes the way Capello has treated Ferdinand is shocking at best and cowaldly at worse. the manager said Terry never again captain and everyone said "well done, an england manager with balls" now a complete u turn, shows how weak he is. Time to go Fabio

Gerrard was the vice captain right? If so what is the purpose of the role.

Gerrard was the vice captain right? If so what is the purpose of the role.

That's exactly my thoughts. I don't really care that much about what they do off-field, but I feel sorry for both Ferdinand and especially Gerrard. What IS the point of a vice-captaincy unless it is actually used in a lineage system?

That's exactly my thoughts. I don't really care that much about what they do off-field, but I feel sorry for both Ferdinand and especially Gerrard. What IS the point of a vice-captaincy unless it is actually used in a lineage system?

If I remember correctly, Capello told Vice Captain is there for a reason and will make him captain when the actual captain is not available.

Hope Rio quits National team as it would prolong his club career.

i have to raise the question, what is it about the england jb that turns capable managers into morons?

i have to raise the question, what is it about the england jb that turns capable managers into morons?

Our media puts pressure on them to succeed, and that in turns, makes them do crazy and stupid things, to try and solve the clear problem, We lack the ability to play international football at the top level.

Maybe too much expectations and pressure from FA, not letting manager do his work? I mean interfering in the management issues, maybe.

I for one won't be following England whilst Mr Capello is in charge. Awful desicion and has shown a complete lack of respect for Rio. Like people of qouted already "Terry won't be captain under me again" does anyone get the feeling this guy can't be trusted? If I was a player I wouldn't no how to react with Capello, I think it may be a split dressing room at the Wales game. The sooner this clown goes, they better.

Yes Rio has been treated disgracefully and as I said earlier the players have probably lost their respect for Capello.

Terry was the wrong decision to go back to and as someone else said earlier, bring in a new, young partnership that will be our pairing at the 2014 WC. It's time to shake things up and plan for the future. Terry's only got one or two more years in him at the most and is NOT a captain for the future.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

So now what happens if Terry's injured? If I were Gerrard or Lampard I'd tell Capello where to stick his captaincy now.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Scratch that lol he's fine.

So many responses in this thread blinded by the club team they support. A number of even more laughable responses regarding the England national team from those who don't even support us/live here.

Rio's stint as captain is summed up by being injured pretty much constantly, and a failed World Cup campaign (admittedly, while he was injured) - I'm all for Fabio to go back on his decision if it means an improvement in performances from the team.

Ideally, neither would be captain, but we're hardly blessed with clean-living individuals who also possess the required leadership ability, are we?

Good decision tbh

At the end of the day.. He was only being a lad

So many responses in this thread blinded by the club team they support. A number of even more laughable responses regarding the England national team from those who don't even support us/live here.

Rio's stint as captain is summed up by being injured pretty much constantly, and a failed World Cup campaign (admittedly, while he was injured) - I'm all for Fabio to go back on his decision if it means an improvement in performances from the team.

Ideally, neither would be captain, but we're hardly blessed with clean-living individuals who also possess the required leadership ability, are we?
Weirdly this view, one i definitely agree with, seems to be in the minority. Surely what matters is the england team? And if it benefits them then how can it not be a good thing?

But surely the counter argument would be, is it really going to benefit the team? Not showing;
- Lack of faith in other senior individuals
- Indecisiveness
- Lack of discipline/loyalty
- Lack of team unity

But surely the counter argument would be, is it really going to benefit the team? Not showing;
- Lack of faith in other senior individuals
- Indecisiveness
- Lack of discipline/loyalty
- Lack of team unity
we dont know that though either way, we dont see what happens behind the scenes. Im saying, if this has had a good effect ( and i cant see why he would do if it was going to hurt the squad, that would just be stupid) then what is the issue here

Meh, I'll go with it, isn't really anyone else to lead the side, although a fit Gerrard would always be my first choice captain.

Back