John Terry back as England captain?

• Yes

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pleased to see Terry back as skipper but abit out of order on Rio aint it ?:S

Capello has lost the plot with this one. Terrible decision.

How many games was Rio actually captain for? Seems a bit harsh that Rio was only made captain to punish Terry.

Fair enough if he'd given it to Gerrard, but to strip someone of it, give it to someone else, then strip them of it and give it back to the person you originally stripped of it is utterly disrespectful on the new captain.

Wonder how the dressing room will react vs Wales.

Capello has lost the plot with this one. Terrible decision.
Rio is crocked again though, hes likely out for the season, and can he stay fit next season. more importantly how does it affect the squad, thats what concerns me the most

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9430471.stm

Well it happened.

I think the way Fabio talks about it is a joke, He says "After one year of punishment, Terry will again be the permanent captain. I think one year's punishment is enough." So stripping him was only a short term punishment, I am sure he never mentioned this to Rio when he gave him the job, He has shown no respect to Rio and tbh, I hope rio tells him and England where to stuff it.
i reckon he will quit soon anyway, his body will force him to make a choice

Terrys a ***. Capello is clueless fact!

I honestly couldn't care less about England anymore joke after joke whether it be performances on the pitch or decisions off it, this being a prime example. I hope rio never plays under capello again until this clown goes in 2012!

Terrys a ***. Capello is clueless fact!

I honestly couldn't care less about England anymore joke after joke whether it be performances on the pitch or decisions off it, this being a prime example. I hope rio never plays under capello again until this clown goes in 2012!
rio only has 2-3 years left, 2012 is his last International tournie in likelyhood, he wont quit on a whim, if he quits he wont be coming back

rio only has 2-3 years left, 2012 is his last International tournie in likelyhood, he wont quit on a whim, if he quits he wont be coming back

He has been shown no respect from Capello though, It is reported on this link that Capello tried to speak to him wednesday to explain his decision to Rio, Rather then Inform him... Thats worth mentioning i think. Fabio said in july. Terry will never captain under him again, now he is saying it was some sort of punihsment... ******* joke.

Yes i think he should be back as captin and shoulden't have been sacked in the first place. What he did may have been morally wrong but it's not like he is a Marlon King or Lee Hughes who are criminals. JT can lead england back to where we belong.

He has been shown no respect from Capello though, It is reported on this link that Capello tried to speak to him wednesday to explain his decision to Rio, Rather then Inform him... Thats worth mentioning i think. Fabio said in july. Terry will never captain under him again, now he is saying it was some sort of punihsment... ******* joke.
Like i said he wont retire on a whim. Rio will think this through because he loves playing for england, and unlike some other senior players he does his best to translate his club form into international form

Like i said he wont retire on a whim. Rio will think this through because he loves playing for england, and unlike some other senior players he does his best to translate his club form into international form

i never said he would make a knee jerk reaction, but if i was him, i would want nothing more to do with Capello and England to be honest.

Does a Cocaine user deserve to be captain in the first place?

Does a love cheat deserve to be captain?

How about a fella who punches a DJ?

The entire scenario is a joke, Lampard or Rooney should be captain.

Disgraceful decision. I don't know how the players can have any respect left for Capello if he goes back on his word like he has done.

Never go back on your word. Capello has made a mockery of the whole situation, if he was going to re-instate him he should never have bothered removing it from him. There's plenty of better candidates out there who Capello should have picked over Terry.

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

No proof Rio ever used Cocaine.

You've kind of contradicted yourself. Rooney is also a love cheat so how can you say he deserves it?

Disgraceful decision. I don't know how the players can have any respect left for Capello if he goes back on his word like he has done.

Never go back on your word. Capello has made a mockery of the whole situation, if he was going to re-instate him he should never have bothered removing it from him. There's plenty of better candidates out there who Capello should have picked over Terry.

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

No proof Rio ever used Cocaine.

You've kind of contradicted yourself. Rooney is also a love cheat so how can you say he deserves it?

Forgot about the Rooney thing, Lampard then!!

Rio was banned for Cocaine use, thats enough in my opinion to warrant him to never be captain, Not a very good role model is it.

Although, Terry is the natural choice along with Gerrard, so really Capello should never have changed the captaincy.

Okay, Cocaine dealer, stfu mate. You have no proof or even evidence to suggest he was on coke, lets alone was a user.

It is not about who deserves it for me, I think rio is to injury prone to be captian now, but he deserves respect and Fabio has shown him none. That is the problem.

I think Wayne would of been a good choice.

Back