• Views Views 9K

John Terry back as England captain?

• Yes

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forgot about the Rooney thing, Lampard then!!

Rio was banned for Cocaine use, thats enough in my opinion to warrant him to never be captain, Not a very good role model is it.

Although, Terry is the natural choice along with Gerrard, so really Capello should never have changed the captaincy.

Wow, Rio was banned for missing a drugs test. not taking cocaine. Get your facts right!!!

Rio was banned for Cocaine use, thats enough in my opinion to warrant him to never be captain, Not a very good role model is it.

I thought he was banned for missing a drugs test and then when he took it he was clean.

Lampard would be an alright choice but he's never been at his best for England.

If we want a new era of English football why not build a team around Wilshere? He's the future, Capello could have made a real statement about the future. Whether it would have worked we'll never know but just a thought.

Interesting decision by Capello. If we see improvement then I won't be too bothered about Terry's reinstatement.

Obviously im happy JT is captain again as i never thought he should have been removed in the first place. But i do feel Rio has been treated unfairly in this by Capello but we also have to take into account Rio's age and injury record and i cant see him playing much part in the England set-up again.

Captaincy or not, Rio should retire from National team. He has so many injury problems so he should call it a day to make for the sake of the club career.

And also for the lack of respect shown by Capello. I dont mind Terry being captain but the way Rio was treated was not fair on Rio. Hope he retires and ask Capello to shove his decision.

Man has lost the plot from the past one year.
Calling Carragher back and playing him.
Upson over Dawson. Really?
Green over Joe Hart

Although, Terry is the natural choice along with Gerrard, so really Capello should never have changed the captaincy.

Lampard is also a love cheat dude..

Rio was banned for missing a drugs test, and he took it the next day and passed it - but they weren't having it.

Joke decision from a joke manager working for a joke FA.

Rio should retire - not because of this but because he needs to get fit and stay fit for Man U. Everything else is irrelevant

In my opinion and i a man utd fan...

John terry should of never got stripped of cpatincy as what he did was off pitch, and when he is on that pitch, he is passionate no matter what club unlike gerrard who cares for liverpool more. Terry is the best captain, hes a proper leader and u can see that with chelsea, Rio's good but too injury prone and old, they need a leader for the future and john terry is that.

The main problem here is that Capello had never told Ferdinand his decision. The only time when Ferdinand knows about it is about the same time as us - yes, he read it from the papers. Capello had never even spoken to Ferdinand.

I don't give a **** about whose the England's captain, but for a manager to totally disrespect his captain (former if you like) and going back on his words is utterly disgraceful. For sure players would be living in fear now, as they would never know what's gonna happen to them until the see the news on the papers by themselves.

And this isn't the first time this had happened. Remember what happened to Beckham?

what we need is a captain thats is able to play every game including friendlies unlike gerrard who has injury problems or ferdinand who also is injured and plays for man u (so fergie doesnt let him play many england games).
no sure if terry is long term solution, although cant think of many suitable options, also didnt like fact that terry threw his dummy out when stripped of armband. I know I, being cynical but believe that Terry just wants to be captain because he is a bully and also loves his own ego. And that Ferdinand wants armband to help his commerical deals etc.
Maybe a new young player and get rid of the older players because doubt they be around for 2014 world cup/ also what have they won us

Obviously im happy JT is captain again as i never thought he should have been removed in the first place. But i do feel Rio has been treated unfairly in this by Capello but we also have to take into account Rio's age and injury record and i cant see him playing much part in the England set-up again.

see, for me, Terry being captain in not the issue, as i said from page 3 or something, Rio deserves respect and i have been saying he has been shown none, and will get shown none, and what you know, i was right.

Okay, Cocaine dealer, stfu mate. You have no proof or even evidence to suggest he was on coke, lets alone was a user.

It is not about who deserves it for me, I think rio is to injury prone to be captian now, but he deserves respect and Fabio has shown him none. That is the problem.

I think Wayne would of been a good choice.

He got banned, end of.

I dont see anyone saying there was nothing proven with JT and that woman? Its just accepted it happened, same scenario with Rio then.

Its agreed by all his behavior was disgraceful, but I reckon he made the best choice of a bad bunch, even if he went about it the wrong way!

He got banned, end of.

I dont see anyone saying there was nothing proven with JT and that woman? Its just accepted it happened, same scenario with Rio then.

Its agreed by all his behavior was disgraceful, but I reckon he made the best choice of a bad bunch, even if he went about it the wrong way!

Really..? There is nothingg to suggest Rio was on Cocaine, Are you trying to tell me he was. He missed a test and then took one which suggests showed him as clean. If he took Cocaine, Do you really thimk United would of kept him..? and no-one is denying rio got banned.

Well, The fact Terry never denied it, and lost the capacity suggests it was true, trying to deny that one are we..? I think we have a new blue in town guys and he thinks everything is shining blue.

The point we are all making, is that Rio has been mis treated and Fabio is changing his mind like athere no tommorrow, which is wrong, not whether Terry is the right choice, that is for another day.

Really..? There is nothingg to suggest Rio was on Cocaine, Are you trying to tell me he was. He missed a test and then took one which suggests showed him as clean. If he took Cocaine, Do you really thimk United would of kept him..? and no-one is denying rio got banned.

Well, The fact Terry never denied it, and lost the capacity suggests it was true, trying to deny that one are we..? I think we have a new blue in town guys and he thinks everything is shining blue.

The point we are all making, is that Rio has been mis treated and Fabio is changing his mind like athere no tommorrow, which is wrong, not whether Terry is the right choice, that is for another day.

Ehhh no, Im merely saying no one is defending JT, when there is no guaranteed outcome (even though I think it happened)

I had already said that Rio was mistreated, thats obvious, its all Capello's fault, sack him!!

hang on, ferdinand took drugs, he is captain, gerrard had affair, he is vice captain and beckham had affair, he was captain. this is not fair on john terry! he acts like the captain on the field, he manages the defence. he should definitely be back as captain!

john terry is nothing but a jumped up prat. every other player in that england eam deserves to be captain ahead of him.
capello has to go NOW!!

When he was stripped of the captaincy everyone was saying it was the "strong" thing for Capello to do. Thats BS he is the biggest leader England have and what he did off the field should not affect him being captain. In my opinion he is the only man for the job

hang on, ferdinand took drugs, he is captain, gerrard had affair, he is vice captain and beckham had affair, he was captain. this is not fair on john terry! he acts like the captain on the field, he manages the defence. he should definitely be back as captain!

hang on, when has anyone questioned Terry ability as a leader, it is more Fabios treatment of Rio and the way he said " terry will never captain again under me" and now it was a punishment for 12 months,

LOL where is the proof Rio took drugs?, he missed a drugs test then took one and it came back clean United wouldn't have kept him on the books if he was taking drugs.

And i'm sorry, i didn't know it was ok for J.T to cheat on his wife with a an ex club and england team mates ex, J.T probably is the best natural leader for England, but he's a grade A canary and the way Rio has been treated is nothing short of awful

Back