Terry - We can catch United..

• Thread starter Thread starter Dimevodno
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 4K
nope all 5 would be in champo league... liverpool done it in 2005 when they won champo league but came 5th.. then they got speicial discompensation and all 5 were allowed to compete :)

What would be Lol, is if Liverpool pip you all top 4th, but the Champions league final is Spurs V Chelsea. I WOULD LOL

I would only LOL if it was Chelsea that won the CL, but yer it would be a tad hilarious

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

The rules where then changed, meaning if that ever happens again. 4th place in the league would lose out.

Uefa changed the rule, that was a one off mate.

Wernt it united that made up the biggest points difference ever? was it 14 or something?

still possible.. just unlikely
12 and that's because newcastle had the biggest collapse ever. the circumstances for that to happen are incredibly remote, we are talking realistically here. Chelsea are yet to demonstrate the consistency needed to catch us, and we are yet to demonstrate the kind of collapse needed. The fact im a united fan has nothing to do with it

I think Chelsea should focus more on trying to qualify for the Champions League than winning the league.

Yeah it's in ManU's "hands" but based on your guys' definition, the title is always in the "hands" of whoever is in first place. Chelsea and Liverpool obviously have a "say" because it is possible (though unlikely) that the title race could be extremely close between ManU and Arsenal, and if they make ManU drop points, that could be the deciding factor.

But even if ManU does drop points to Chelsea or Liverpool, there's no way that Arsenal will get any points at OT and that will ultimately be what decides the title. I bet ManU will finally pick up in form like they always do in the latter part of the season and I think they'll win 11 out of the next 12 games. I think the one game they won't win is the one at Anfield, I bet Liverpool gets a draw out of that one. Maybe, just maybe, Chelsea fights to the draw in one of the games, but I don't think that'll happen. Other than that they should win the rest.

I think Chelsea is in serious danger of not qualifying for the Champions League. Tottenham has been in great form and Chelsea has to play Arsenal once and ManU twice. So if that happens, what happens to Chelsea? Obviously Ancelotti leaves, but will there be some serious house cleaning? Who will leave? Drogba and Anelka at least. They'll need new signings, and who will be the manager? I can't think of anyone good that will be available at the end of the season (other than Benitez). Maybe they could get Deschamps to come? And what about getting Mourinho back? If Roman begged him to come back and offered him total control, would he do it?

the only real form we need to find is away, because at home we have dropped just two points

If this happens, you will probably find me, front page of The Sun, naked on top of Big Ben.

Despite being a fan for a good 17 years of my 17 year life, it's highly unlikely this will happen. Theoretically, and mathematically this could happen, but in reality, there is a slim chance. We sit 5th, and if we win our game in hand, which happens to be Man United as our opponents, we go 4th. Still 9 points adrift of Man United, top of the league. It's very unlikely, and like I said, the odds are VERY slim.

Terry Is Just Trying To Be A Good Sport But You Should Not Talk About The Title If you only have one good upfronter (anelka)
Torres 50m more like 50p

We all know how the Anfield game is going to go, You are going to dominae us from start to finish and batter us, but be unable to score, then John O'shea is going to score in the last minute..... Oh wait, that already happened ;)

that's a bit optimistic...fact is liverpool always play good vs man.u. as we could see...in first game when we were struggling to get of relegation zone you beat us only 3-2 on ot with berbatov having a game of his career....so now when things at liverpool have changed id say we are favorites on anfield...heck when was the last time you managed to pick up points there,like 4-5 seasons ago?:P

It's still physically possible, you can't rule people out. Liverpool were in relagation at the beginning and they've made a comeback. I doubt they will win but what they do which definetely decide who wins.
It's between Arsenal and Man Utd.

I Carn't see United Droping Points they been in this Position before over the Years i hate to say this League no.19 in the bag

Terry saying they can win the league is about as ridiculous as arsenal thinking they can win the quadruple (because they've finally got to a cup final).

that's a bit optimistic...fact is liverpool always play good vs man.u. as we could see...in first game when we were struggling to get of relegation zone you beat us only 3-2 on ot with berbatov having a game of his career....so now when things at liverpool have changed id say we are favorites on anfield...heck when was the last time you managed to pick up points there,like 4-5 seasons ago?:P

I take it you havent supported liverpool long. I think you will find the situation i describe may have happened a few years ago....

I think Chelsea should focus more on trying to qualify for the Champions League than winning the league.

Yeah it's in ManU's "hands" but based on your guys' definition, the title is always in the "hands" of whoever is in first place. Chelsea and Liverpool obviously have a "say" because it is possible (though unlikely) that the title race could be extremely close between ManU and Arsenal, and if they make ManU drop points, that could be the deciding factor.

But even if ManU does drop points to Chelsea or Liverpool, there's no way that Arsenal will get any points at OT and that will ultimately be what decides the title. I bet ManU will finally pick up in form like they always do in the latter part of the season and I think they'll win 11 out of the next 12 games. I think the one game they won't win is the one at Anfield, I bet Liverpool gets a draw out of that one. Maybe, just maybe, Chelsea fights to the draw in one of the games, but I don't think that'll happen. Other than that they should win the rest.

I think Chelsea is in serious danger of not qualifying for the Champions League. Tottenham has been in great form and Chelsea has to play Arsenal once and ManU twice. So if that happens, what happens to Chelsea? Obviously Ancelotti leaves, but will there be some serious house cleaning? Who will leave? Drogba and Anelka at least. They'll need new signings, and who will be the manager? I can't think of anyone good that will be available at the end of the season (other than Benitez). Maybe they could get Deschamps to come? And what about getting Mourinho back? If Roman begged him to come back and offered him total control, would he do it?

We have already played Arsenal twice. We have 2 games against Utd and home games against both Man City and Spurs.

Terry Is Just Trying To Be A Good Sport But You Should Not Talk About The Title If you only have one good upfronter (anelka)
Torres 50m more like 50p

One good striker?? Torres was very impressive the other night and the only thing that elluded him was a goal, and people who watched the game would agree.

We have already played Arsenal twice. We have 2 games against Utd and home games against both Man City and Spurs.

United away,
Stoke away,
Blackpool away,
Everton away

United Home,
ManCity Home,
Spurs Home.

these are very tough fixtures and i expect Chelsea to drop few points here.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Blackpool away might not look tough, but it is very tricky fixture.

i wont mind if we finish 5th or even lower because we will be in the Champions League next season and whoever finishes 4th wont be able to (if it happens i would want it to be Spurs)..

So would i that would be hilairous (sp)

Its not concivable that Chelsea could win all their remaining games although i dont think we will. Its obvious that Chelsea eggs are in one baskett now and thats the Champions League. If we win the Champions League then i wont mind if we finish 5th or even lower because we will be in the Champions League next season and whoever finishes 4th wont be able to (if it happens i would want it to be Spurs). Although by my logic Spurs could do the same to Chelsea too.

What if you put all your eggs in the CL basket, don't win the CL, and miss 4th spot due to concentrating elsewhere?

Chelsea won't but they can. But they, and us have a huge say in where the title will end up. Hopefully Chels beat United twice so Arsenal can overtake them, then Chelsea slip up to someone ***** so we beat them to 4th ;)

To conclude: You can catch them, but you won't

Dear Santa,

This. Pretty please.

Chelsea won't catch Utd. But they do have a big say in whether we can or not =)

United away,
Stoke away,
Blackpool away,
Everton away

United Home,
ManCity Home,
Spurs Home.

these are very tough fixtures and i expect Chelsea to drop few points here.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Blackpool away might not look tough, but it is very tricky fixture.

They are all tough fixtures but if Chelsea can find their last season/start of this season form and confidence then we could very well end the season unbeaten and even maximum points from the games remaining.

Back