dph82

Reaction score
I am currently testing a 4-2-3-1 formation with Arsenal.

My aim was to create a tactic which would be quite fluid, with lots of goals and a secure defence. I have played 23 competitive matches so far, won 20 and drawn 3, scoring 58 goals while only conceding 13 and im currently on a winning streak of 12.

Im not saying using this tactic will make your defence a concrete wall as it will have its flaws, especially from corners, but it is a solid tactic, an attacking philosophy whilst not upsetting the attacking talents within the team.

I made 3 signings in the summer.

Hugo Loris - A much needed, young and potentially world class goalkeeper.

Khalid Boulahrouz - An experienced defender who can play anywhere along the backline. (Cover)

Eden Hazard - A great young prospect who fits the attacking flair and agility Arsenal attackers require.

These 3 signings have strengthened the squad considerably and will help my push for trophies.

The defence including full backs are all mostly set to defend. However, Clichy and Sagna do get forward and help support the attack.

The 2 central midfielders hold just like Wilshere and Song do for Arsenal in real life. They do get forward and they support both attack and defence well.

Then come the 3 attacking midfielders.
Harzard/Nasri, Fabregas, Walcott/Arshavin

The wingers are very attacking, creating lots of chances for RVP up top.
Fabregas has a lot of creative freedom and supports the team well, making many assists.

My team close down the whole pitch, putting pressure on the opposition to make mistakes for my team to gain possession and create chances.

Give my tactic a try if you want, i haven't tested it with other teams and i know Arsenal are a club full of internationals but in the premiership they aren't the greatest, strongest side so i wanted to test it with a team with pace, flair and some vulnerability!

This tactic will give your team lots of clear cut chances and should do well..

Please give some feedback and if so, help sort the defensive issues defending corners.

Cheers
DPH82

il give it a go tomorrow as i cant be bothered to play now, out of interest how much did loris cost you as i have tried 20 and they said no

Ok mate! Also Loris cost 34.5 million..
I tried 20 too, then 25, no deal.. so i clicked interact with board, asked them and they signed him for me! An incredible keeper!

I'll also start a save with Dortmund and give it a go tomorrow.

Cheers lads, Im still testing myself and want to give it at least a whole season to be able to tell if its a successful one or not but so far so good! Any training regimes u recommend? Ive got Ian C's at the moment..

yer i have used Ians for about four season now and it is doing great for the regens i have coming up

Cheers lads, Im still testing myself and want to give it at least a whole season to be able to tell if its a successful one or not but so far so good! Any training regimes u recommend? Ive got Ian C's at the moment..
I use Dunc's but KevyMatts has just released some and they look real good, maybe you could test them out for him? :)

Yeah i may well do that, try both on different sets of players!

Heres some screenshots of some of my matches :

I finished the season, Won every trophy and didnt lose a single game. Incredible.

I'll give this a try with the mighty Spurs.

tell me if you are having many shots from distance too, I changed the instructions to rare now

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

and the goalkeeper is set to run with ball sometimes?

Yeah they do shoot from distance quite regularly, it depends on your players and how well they can shoot, for example Van persie will hit the target more often than not but it depends, and i agree changing to rare is a good idea. Ill upload some more screenshots from my last season

Could you put up player attributes to help find the best players for the tactic please.

Yeah they do shoot from distance quite regularly, it depends on your players and how well they can shoot, for example Van persie will hit the target more often than not but it depends, and i agree changing to rare is a good idea. Ill upload some more screenshots from my last season

won 6-1 and 1-6 now. Now real test with Club Brugge away on Lyon

Let me know how you get on, i do want to start a new save soon with someone like Wolves and see how it does because playing with Arsenal obviously makes it much easier

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Did you lose 6-1 aswell?

Also this was made on patch 11.2 , ive just updated so ill see how it goes on 11.3 and i will upload some attributes thfc.