TETE-A-TETE (possession football with CLEAR CUT CHANCES)!CHEAT TACTIC!

What's the exact difference between normal tete-a-tete and its defensive and attacking versions?

Normal = Standard mentality; start all matches with it

Attacking = Attacking mentality; switch when you desperately need to score

Defensive = Counter mentality; switch when you need to see out games, could be used from the start for very tough away games as well I think but haven't felt the need to do so yet.

Thanks, what I meant was are ALL the other instructions the same in other tactics, just the mentality is changed?

What's the difference between 4-4-2 Simeone and Best 4-4-2?

Giannis - what OI's are you using in 442?

I had great success with this tactic. I have only used tete-a-tete. I did not need to use the defensive or attacking versions. I am not sure if this is the best tactic for fm17 (I also don’t feel qualified to make that statement), as it might not fit every team’s squad, but for me it definitely is the best one I used this year.

I took over Preston mid season, when they were dead last in Championship. We managed to finish the league mid table, using a combination of other tactics. Beginning of my second season I switched to tete-a-tete and what a success. We won the league and broke the total point and win records. But the best part is; we won the FA cup.

Tactic is simply beautiful to watch and gets the maximum from everyone. It is important to note, I played all the matches and only did instant result last five or six league games, when it was obvious we won the league. I was lucky in FA cup since we got lower league teams on second and third round, but still beat Arsenal on the first round (first round that we participated, otherwise I think it was fourth round) and Liverpool on semi-final.

I used team cohesion on very high the first two weeks of pre-season and then fitness on very high the remaining three weeks. During regular season I kept the general training at Balanced on average intensity and lowered it to low, if I had a congested match schedule.

Match preparation was match tactics until the tactic is fluid and then kept it at Defensive Positioning. I loaded all three tactic slots with this tactic to make it fluid quickly. Not sure if this works but others on this forum suggest so no harm doing it that way.

I trained indivduals on the position they were playing. My MCs and AMCs, I focused their training on long shots. I also tried to train my AMCL and AMCR to have move into channels and all AMCs to have play one two PPM.

I used the OIs from the opening post.

I wanted to say thanks to the creator, great work! Can’t wait to see my team in Premier League. Should be fun!!!

In my career, I have two decent striker, but is possible play with the striker in the position of shadow striker???

Yes of course but it would be nice to have minimum 12 passing 13 tribble and 12 aggility

Which one would you say is the best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Can you please send me a picture of your dortmund squad? Im very interesting in how you setup your team?

Thx

IGxOmxQ.png

I've been trying to win the CL for years, always got stuck in knock-out rounds until I tried this tactic.

It's amazing how quickly people ignore a certain tactic when the author is not one of the well known names around here.
The guy won the CL with Olympiacos in the second season. It's nothing short of spectacular and yet people act like it's one of those tactics where the author used it with his Man Utd in 2026 with a team full of monster regens.

Thank you very much for your kind words! I know that perhaps this is the best tactic for football manager 17! I do not care the glory here! PLAY tete-a-tete to win! :)There are 3-4 very good tactics in this site like cholo simeone(mine,all the 5-2-3-0 tactics(based to park the bus)but i think this is the best overal tactic!Ι HAVE TRIED ALL!!! :)

This is a fantastic tactic. Performs brilliantly despite being a 4atb setup. The defense is strong and creates a lot at the same time. Used it with Blackburn in the Championship (one of the worst squads in the league) and it worked well. Deserves more attention.

View attachment 97305 1st game whit this tactic again i try much more tactic, and i comebeack and try this again fantastic i use and test to see what i can do in CL cheers

Well said (@shirajzl). This is by far the best tactic for the current version of the game. Unbelievable.