Tevez - I want to leave Man City this summer

Where will Tevez be playing his football next season?

• Inter Milan

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Juventus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Barcelona

• Atletico Madrid

• Malaga

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Man Utd

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Anzhi

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Boca

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has declared that he wants to leave the club this summer but has asked for the fans' understanding. The Argentina international submitted a transfer request in December, before quickly performing a dramatic U-turn and pledging his commitment to the club following clear-the-air talks.

His long-term future remained the subject of intense speculation but manager Roberto Mancini always expressed confidence that he would stay. Mancini stated over the weekend that he planned to keep Tevez after a proposed swap deal with Inter Milan for Samuel Eto'o fell through. City's FA Cup success and UEFA Champions League qualification also appeared to boost their chances of holding on to the 27-year-old, but the reasons for his decision are more personal.

Tevez has never made a secret of the fact that he misses his children, who have been living with their mother back in Argentina, and he wants to put their interests first. The news that he is again seeking a departure will come as a major blow to City, considering the impact he has made since controversially joining from local rivals Manchester United in 2009.

Tevez's announcement comes on the same day that City made their first signing of the summer, bringing in Gael Clichy from Arsenal.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_7020920,00.html

Last edited:
Juventus, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Boca Juniors, Anzhi.

He'll end up at one of those IMO. Unless he goes to Real Madrid and Benzema leaves, but I don't see it happening.

I'd love to see him at Anzhi, it would be quite absurd to have Tevez and Roberto Carlos and all playing in Dagestan.

Gutted thought by him being quite he would stay, hopefully Balotelli & Dzeko can step up and we try to go for Aguero

I think this man is motivated by money and will end up at Anzhi

I think this man is motivated by money and will end up at Anzhi

His statement said that he could n't stay in Manchester because his children can't adapt and they come first. If he moves to Russia, everyone will know he's talking nonsense. If he goes to Spain/Argentina, then he's probably being genuine. Italy would probably be a bit of both.

if he doesn't go to Boca, he's pathetic. He wants to be with his family, then go back to South America.

if he doesn't go to Boca, he's pathetic. He wants to be with his family, then go back to South America.

That's not what he's said. He's said that he needs to be somewhere where his family can adapt, as they come first. Which is absolutely fair enough.

If he goes to a Spanish speaking country that isn't Argentina he's not pathetic at all. He's doing exactly what he said he would. If he ***** off to Russia or something then he's pathetic.

His statement said that he could n't stay in Manchester because his children can't adapt and they come first. If he moves to Russia, everyone will know he's talking nonsense. If he goes to Spain/Argentina, then he's probably being genuine. Italy would probably be a bit of both.

Difference is there arnt many teams who can afford him at the moment so he cant be too picky. Here is what i think of the teams i picked.

Inter Milan - Could possibly afford him if they raise the funds but that may include letting the likes of Eto'o or Sneijder leave
Juventus - Seem to have the money to pay for Aguero so they could back out and get Tevez insted
Real Madrid - Jose wants a target man striker and Tevez is not that
Barcelona - Seem to have other targets so cant see it happening
Atletico Madrid - If they sell Aguero maybe they can use the money to replace him with Tevez
Malaga - Rich owners and it would really shake up the footballing world, i would put them in my top 3
Man Utd - Very unlikely but stranger things have happened
Arsenal - With them letting players go maybe a player with bulldog spirit is what they need
Chelsea - Not sure how he would fit in but im sure Boas is considering it
Anzhi - Favourites for me, shed loads of money which is Carlos's and his peoples favourite thing
Boca - Unless its a loan it wont happen, they cannot afford his wages or transfer fee.

My Top 3
1. Anzhi
2. Inter Milan
3. Malaga

He can't be motivated entirely by money because if he asked for 400k a week City would probably give it to him to keep him there, I have my suspicions its to do with the weather personally but in my opinion if you live/play in this country for over 5 years and you can't be bothered to even learn a bit of English then you will never settle. Mascherano speaks English beautifully yet Carlos doesn't speak a word of the queens English?

I think he will end up in Spain/Argentina since he doesn't speak Italian either. This whole debate started last WC when he split from his wife and started dating some model who works in Argentina/Spain so he started this whole thing off about being unsettled...

this, the only way any fans will give him their understanding as he has requested if he does indeed go back to argentina...

no-one in south america can afford him so he wants to go somewhere thats like south america

The family card is so easy to play, it's ******* pathetic.

At the end of the day, there are millions of people who don't get to see their family for an extended period of time. Man the **** up, you only have to play football till your 32/33, then you can retire and spend the whole of your life with your kids, although he could probably retire now and spend his life with his kids, living off the money he has already made.

He has never struck me as a clever man, but it's stupid having kids at a young age if you aren't able to live with the consequences that your job requires you to be the other side of the world, obviously this will have a negative affect on the time you will spend with your children if you are unable to uproot them and bring them with you, or even if you can bring them with you, having some sort of issue with the country your bringing them up in.

****, Tevez, you have been in this country for over 5 years now, and you have made little/no attempt at learning the language, the sooner you **** off out of here, the better, you money grabbing ****.

/rant

I understand going to somewhere with a spanish speaking area, I do speak out of terms about Tevez because I hate him. If he goes to Anzhi, he's a pathetic man. I understand that Boca wouldn't be able to afford to buy him off of City, and it's understandable he might go to a club in an area similar to Argentina.

However a point i'd like to raise, if he hasn't been keen on england, the language, manchester in itself.. surely he would ahve moved to a spanish speaking area instead of Manchester City?

Difference is there arnt many teams who can afford him at the moment so he cant be too picky. Here is what i think of the teams i picked.

Inter Milan - Could possibly afford him if they raise the funds but that may include letting the likes of Eto'o or Sneijder leave
Juventus - Seem to have the money to pay for Aguero so they could back out and get Tevez insted
Real Madrid - Jose wants a target man striker and Tevez is not that
Barcelona - Seem to have other targets so cant see it happening
Atletico Madrid - If they sell Aguero maybe they can use the money to replace him with Tevez
Malaga - Rich owners and it would really shake up the footballing world, i would put them in my top 3
Man Utd - Very unlikely but stranger things have happened
Arsenal - With them letting players go maybe a player with bulldog spirit is what they need
Chelsea - Not sure how he would fit in but im sure Boas is considering it
Anzhi - Favourites for me, shed loads of money which is Carlos's and his peoples favourite thing
Boca - Unless its a loan it wont happen, they cannot afford his wages or transfer fee.

My Top 3
1. Anzhi
2. Inter Milan
3. Malaga

Sneijder to United for £35M, leaves Inter money.
Juve to take Tevez instead of Aguero, then City sign Aguero.
Mourinho likes small strikers who can hold the ball up well, i.e. Milito/Tevez
Not going to Barcelona.
Atletico could bid with the money from Aguero, but don't see it.
Not going to Malaga.
Definitely not going to United.
Not going to Arsenal.
Not going to Chelsea.
Anzhi, lots of money, but don't see him going there.
Boca are favourites IMO. They can't afford it now, but they'll find a way like Santos did. He wants to go there, and they'll definitely want him.

My Top 3:
1. Boca
2. Juventus
3. Real Madrid

I'n with Dunc, I can understand him missing his family, but I'm also fed up of his constant whining.

I understand going to somewhere with a spanish speaking area, I do speak out of terms about Tevez because I hate him. If he goes to Anzhi, he's a pathetic man. I understand that Boca wouldn't be able to afford to buy him off of City, and it's understandable he might go to a club in an area similar to Argentina.

However a point i'd like to raise, if he hasn't been keen on england, the language, manchester in itself.. surely he would ahve moved to a spanish speaking area instead of Manchester City?

When he was at United he was still owned by a third party since it was sort of an indefinite loan wasn't he and they negotiated everything for him. And City put up the money to pay them/West Ham/Whoever else had a share, so his agent Kia Joorabchian (Probable mispell), really helped broker that deal and probably convinced Tevez to join (MONEY speaks I guess). I remember the day he joined and when he was walking into the stadium he had loads of fans touching him and cheering on his way in and he just looked uncomfortable then.

But yeah agree with Duncs point, Mascha learned the language and speaks it perfectly and Tevez has never made no attempt to, has no one ever told him about Rosetta Stone? :O

Real reason behind all this talk since last summer is the plain facts, he was happy in England with his wife and kids until he decided to ditch her and go out with some Argentinian model/actress, Brenda Asnicar, who obviously wants to stay in Argentina to continue her career and that's the real reason for me behind all of this (personally) because his agent certainly isn't because Kia is very well treated at City.