Tevez - I want to leave Man City this summer

Where will Tevez be playing his football next season?

• Inter Milan

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Juventus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Barcelona

• Atletico Madrid

• Malaga

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Man Utd

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Anzhi

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Boca

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
Bottom line alot of people are missing is something I eluded to earlier,

Say what you like about Wenger, Ferguson, Dalglish etc but they always say the same thing when situations arise regarding players wanting away or being sold, no one player is bigger than the football club...

I'm afraid that lost in the whole saga is the fact that City are chasing Tevez around the blocks to make him happy and have let him come out with these statements on a weekly basis even in the parts of the season where the window was closed. He is very important to that football club but surely the saga underpins the fact that it would appear in him publicly talking down his wages, his area (where the fans live), the way he has been treat by certain executives at the club and Mancini had a big piece/exclusive in a paper within the past 10 days that Carlos told him he was staying etc...Is there anyone left he can undermine?

If you think about it Carlos Tevez has become bigger than that football club...

#PlayerPower or #FamilyPower or #AgentPower?

Last edited:

Say what you like about Wenger, Ferguson, Dalglish etc but they always say the same thing when situations arise regarding players wanting away etc, no one player is bigger than the football club...

I'm afraid that lost in the whole saga is the fact that City are chasing Tevez around the blocks to make him happy and have let him come out with these statements on a weekly basis even in the parts of the season where the window was closed. He is very important to that football club but surely the saga underpins the fact that it would appear in him publicly talking down his wages, his area (where the fans live), the way he has been treat by certain executives at the club and Mancini had a big piece/exclusive in a paper within the past 10 days that Carlos told him he was staying etc...Is there anyone left he can undermine?

If you think about it Carlos Tevez has become bigger than the football club...

I wouldnt agree with that, Fabregas has wanted out for years and its not until now Wenger knows he has to try somthing different.

Say what you like about Wenger, Ferguson, Dalglish etc but they always say the same thing when situations arise regarding players wanting away or being sold, no one player is bigger than the football club...

If you think about it Carlos Tevez has become bigger than that football club...

#PlayerPower or #FamilyPower or #AgentPower?

People blamed SAF for not getting him, clearly as usual he knew better

Henry is another example, many people thought he would have been bigger than the football club and such a loss that it would send Arsenal crashing but Wenger did sell him at the right time...

Fabregas is important but is he going to go down as a club legend in Arsenal history if he leaves this summer?

Probably not, the saga's at the minute with rumours flying wildly does make it look like Fabregas is bigger than Arsenal in a way but it's all second hand talk and no news from Arsenal really...

If Fabregas goes Arsenal will rebuild, Wenger never lets anyone get bigger than the football club. It's such a well coined phrase I know but essentially what they mean is no one player is so important that he outweighs the club and it's interests/history so essentially the way to stop this is to either sell them (Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo etc) or deal with it privately (Wengers chat with Fabregas last season quashed the speculation for a while, Ferguson with the Rooney contract)...

Rooney came out and undermined his manager and team mates with that 'lack of ambition' fair enough (which was total...), but Fabregas has never publicly insulted Arsenal in the words he's spoken about Arsenal/Club/History/Team Mates/Manager it has all been either wearing a Barce shirt or 'sources close to Cesc say' sort of thing.

The way Carlos has conducted himself has just made it impossible for City to function, he picked Monday to release this 'news' and statement the same day his club signed a huge coup imo one of the best LBs in the world for 7 million and all he commented on was this...

Am I the only one seeing this unfold?

Carlos Tevez is becoming (/has become), bigger than Manchester City the football club in the way he has conducted himself without reprimand from anyone in the past 12 months. (FA Cup Final headlines were stole by a quote from him saying he will decide his future in July etc), am I the only one seeing this side of what is happening?

This ugly little scarface Tevez makes Balotelli look like an angel. City are better off without this greedy ******. He is bad for the harmony in the dressing room and it's an embarrassment for City that they still have him as their captain. Tevez has no leadership skills and can't even speak english. Kompany should be captain.

For the squad to progess as a team and unit....Tevez must be sold. He can't communicate with anyone else than Silva and he will never create a good partnership with Dzeko or Balotelli. City should replace him with someone who plays for the team and not himself

Wenger was so right when he said that a club should avoid signing players whom believe they are doing the club a favour signing for them, and not the other way around (like it should be). Tevez is exactly one of those.

Bye bye Tevez you wont be missed. That family thing is probably just an excuse aswell...Tevez has no social life in manchester and it's only his own fault. Hopefully he gets sold soon....the faster the better.

Last edited:
finally one thing utd and city can agree on= tevez is a waste of space lol

This ugly little scarface Tevez makes Balotelli look like an angel. City are better off without this greedy ******. He is bad for the harmony in the dressing room and it's an embarrassment for City that they still have him as their captain. Tevez has no leadership skills and can't even speak english. Kompany should be captain.

For the squad to progess as a team and unit....Tevez must be sold. He can't communicate with anyone else than Silva and he will never create a good partnership with Dzeko or Balotelli. City should replace him with someone who plays for the team and not himself

Wenger was so right when he said that a club should avoid signing players whom believe they are doing the club a favour signing for them, and not the other way around (like it should be). Tevez is exactly one of those.

Bye bye Tevez you wont be missed. That family thing is probably just an excuse aswell...Tevez has no social life in manchester and it's only his own fault. Hopefully he gets sold soon....the faster the better.

Three players went and told mancini they dont want him as captain, apparently they were Milner, Yaya and De Jong, but i cannot confirm that. I do know they want Kompany as captain

Kompany would make a good captain IMO. Although I can see Yaya with the captain's armband too.

Apparently, City have now slapped a £50million price tag on his head, which will put a lot of the main contenders for him out. None of the Argentinian teams would be able to fork out that much money to bring him home, and the majority of the European heavyweights have either spent their money on who they wanted, or they are not interested. I would be surprised if Real Madrid jumped out of the blocks and snatched him, but at the same time it will not happen. The have just signed Coentrao alongside other players and they look like they are settled and fine. Team gelling is, really, what they are looking at now ahead of the new season and intensive training.

I would have to put my money on Inter Milan. If they sell Wesley Sneijder, then that would cover the majority of a possible move to Italy and he would not have to take a mass wage cut - Boca, River and Newell's would be burning holes in their pockets if they took on his packet. Not to mention that iy would give competition to Milito, Eto'o, Pandev and Pazzini for places, and Gasperini a large choice over who to play in his, reported, 3-4-3/3-5-2 formation.

But, at the moment, I would not be surprised if he is still in Manchester for at least half a season.

For the wages he wants and the money city wants I don't see him going anywhere.

Goodbye Tevez, has been a superb 2 seasons, other than kinkladze you are my favourite ever city attacking player, good luck to you wherever you end up and good job putting family first.

People calling him a joke are out of order, he is putting his family first and imo that does not make him a joke, no player is bigger than the club. Personally if i was to pick out city's best player it wouldn't be tevez, it would be david silva.

For once, I find myself sitting here in disbelief at the fact I'm ageeing with this post.

What is the world coming to?

Goodbye Tevez, has been a superb 2 seasons, other than kinkladze you are my favourite ever city attacking player, good luck to you wherever you end up and good job putting family first.

People calling him a joke are out of order, he is putting his family first and imo that does not make him a joke, no player is bigger than the club. Personally if i was to pick out city's best player it wouldn't be tevez, it would be david silva.

That wasn't his excuse last time he wanted to go. And if you didn't know already, he ditched his wife for some model before getting back with her again, now THAT's a family man!

No matter what goes on between a husband and his wife, the kids are always loved dearly by both sides, he wants to go back for his kids

The kids thing doesnt quite wash with me, he has previous doing exactly this

I wouldnt agree with that, Fabregas has wanted out for years and its not until now Wenger knows he has to try somthing different.

Fabregas never came out and spouted **** about Arsenal, so at no point he acted bigger than club. In fact he is very respectful in the way he is reacted to this saga.

Wenger takes no **** and will boot player without hesitation..

The kids thing is just a stupid excuse. Like Mike already posted...he was in Tenerife on holiday banging his model girlfriend...when he was supposed to be going to Argentina.

Tevez says manchester is boring but the reality is that it's him who is boring. He doesn't have friends or anything there...partly because he can't talk english at all.

The timing of this is suspicious aswell. Just when City signed Clichy. Some reports already say that Mancini wants to get rid of Tevez. But im sure no1 will pay 50m for him. I would take 25-30m for him gladly.

Fabregas never came out and spouted **** about Arsenal, so at no point he acted bigger than club. In fact he is very respectful in the way he is reacted to this saga.

Wenger takes no **** and will boot player without hesitation..

But he did want to leave thats the point, in my mind if a player wants out he has to go.

But he did want to leave thats the point, in my mind if a player wants out he has to go.

Not really. Players change their minds very often. There is always a chance of convincing the player. If player sputs **** about the club then its the time to go or the player go against/fight with manager then he has to go. Simple as that. There were many players who wanted to leave but ended up playing for few more extra years..

Eidt: I think we are going off topic, before some smart **** comes up with intelligent post its better to stop this or else continue in Arsenal thread..

I am not surprised he wants to leave, it would be best for Tevez's happiness to leave Manchester and move closer to Argentina so he can visit his family more often, fantastic player.