Tevez - I want to leave Man City this summer

Where will Tevez be playing his football next season?

• Inter Milan

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Juventus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Barcelona

• Atletico Madrid

• Malaga

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Man Utd

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Anzhi

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Boca

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
He's back with his wife, broke up with Asnicar a couple months ago. Didn't last long.

He's in then he's out, he's up and he's down. He's wro...

He'll leave, probably to spain.
Unless his children are fluent in Russian...

The family card is so easy to play, it's ******* pathetic.

At the end of the day, there are millions of people who don't get to see their family for an extended period of time. Man the **** up, you only have to play football till your 32/33, then you can retire and spend the whole of your life with your kids, although he could probably retire now and spend his life with his kids, living off the money he has already made.

He has never struck me as a clever man, but it's stupid having kids at a young age if you aren't able to live with the consequences that your job requires you to be the other side of the world, obviously this will have a negative affect on the time you will spend with your children if you are unable to uproot them and bring them with you, or even if you can bring them with you, having some sort of issue with the country your bringing them up in.

****, Tevez, you have been in this country for over 5 years now, and you have made little/no attempt at learning the language, the sooner you **** off out of here, the better, you money grabbing ****.

/rant

..This is what I wanted to put.

He's back with his wife, broke up with Asnicar a couple months ago. Didn't last long.

:O

Bring em back over then Carlos, the weathers lovely this time of year...Unless there's another reason he wants to leave...Did someone tell him about the Falklands?

Last edited:
He wont go to Boca unless its a loan deal or he pays the most of the transfer fee. City arnt going to sell him for less than 30mill and no way has Boca got that much money. I have always hated this man and he is a disgrace, all he has to do is see out this short career he has which millions would give their right arm to trade with him and then he has the rest of his life to do what he wants to do. So disrespecful but i wont moan too much, the ****** always scores against Chelsea so with him out the league we may have a better chance of beating City.

Lol, why isn't "Manchester City" an option on the poll?...

Anyway, I voted "other" because I think he'll be playing for Man C next year.

Lol, why isn't "Manchester City" an option on the poll?...

Anyway, I voted "other" because I think he'll be playing for Man C next year.

Yeah, I thought that, think he'll be at Inter or Real Madrid though personally.

Dunc summed up my feelings pretty well when it comes to the saga itself.

Now what do people think about the affect this will have on Manchester City? Last season he literally earned points on his own, do you think without him next season they will be more of a unit who don't require the brilliance of a single player when lacking some cutting edge. Furthermore, do you think they'll bring in an equal/superior replacement?

Imagine him playing for Anzhi in the Russian league, they would be killing each and every team overthere...

I think if they can somehow maneuvre a deal for Higuain (Unlikely but not impossible if Madrid sign Neymar or another Forward), then he will play better in City's style to an extent. If they're going to continue with possession crossing/slightly physical football with emphasis on letting the forwards do their magic in the opposition box then Higuain will easily win them points next season and will put in a shift (Not a Tevez shift but a pretty big shift).

If they swapped Eto'o for Tevez then I would be worried personally but if they bring in Aguero/Higuain they should be fine next season...

You ugly little man, **** off in Argentina please. So, my tip is Boca.

Now what do people think about the affect this will have on Manchester City? Last season he literally earned points on his own, do you think without him next season they will be more of a unit who don't require the brilliance of a single player when lacking some cutting edge. Furthermore, do you think they'll bring in an equal/superior replacement?

Well once this saga is over, and he does leave, I pretty go along with the lines it'll make some players work as a unit-at last. Or if some players didn't want to go there, they could use that as an excuse to pack up and go aswell. Won't even try to guess who they'll get in as replacement. They can buy anyone they want-to a point. And maybe without Tevez, Balotelli may see this as an opportunity to really excell and put himself in the shop window bearing in mind he'd love to go and play in Italy.

They tried and failed re: Eto'o but i think they bring in a player who will make them more like a unit.

agree with Dunc re Tevez. You dont have an agent like Kia Joorichaban and say its not about the money. *****

Why would anyone want to play in the most racist league in the world! I say Inter

Adiós Carlos Tevez? Why no one will be crying for the Argentinian

Adiós Carlos Tevez? Why no one will be crying for the Argentinian
The reaction at Manchester City to their captain's desire to leave is one of weary disdain and, in some quarters, open contempt

Adiós Carlos Tevez? Why no one will be crying for the Argentinian | Daniel Taylor | Football | The Guardian

Daniel Taylor
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 5 July 2011 16.08 BST
Article history

First things first, it does not necessarily follow that just because Carlos Tevez has clicked his fingers he will get his way. It will still need a potential buyer to find a transfer fee in the region of £50m, as well as the small matter of a £250,000-a-week salary, and there are not too many clubs out there with that kind of financial muscle, particularly when you factor in X amount for Kia Joorabchian, the Mr Percentage loitering in the background.

But at least we know for certain now. Tevez wants out of Manchester City and, if it is all starting to sound vaguely familiar, it is because he sent a similar swarm of locusts heading towards Eastlands last December. On that occasion he blamed the club's executives, saying their relationship had "broken down and is beyond repair" and becoming, in the words of Noel Gallagher, "the first person to want to leave a football club because he didn't like someone in the office".

This time Tevez has gone for a new strategy, talking of wanting to see more of his daughters, Florencia and Katie, by playing in Spain or Italy, on the basis their mother, Vanesa, would be happy to move there from Buenos Aires. "Living without my children in Manchester has been incredibly challenging," he says. "I hope people understand the difficult circumstances I have been living under for the past 12 months, in regards to my family."

When a man talks like that it can make you feel a little uncomfortable, grubby even, questioning his motives. But it is when you gauge the reaction at City that you quickly realise the level of scepticism, and that nobody is weeping for the Argentinian inside a club where they have learned the hard way of his remarkable capacity for attaching a cloud to every silver lining.

No, it is a reaction of weary disdain from the FA Cup winners and, in some quarters, open contempt – and this, remember, from a club who have coddled Tevez to the point of risking their own credibility at times. One story is of Mancini allowing Tevez four days off last season – initially three until Tevez asked for another – so he could fly to Buenos Aires to spend time with his family. The club later discovered he went on holiday to Tenerife instead.

Mancini, like everyone else at City, has largely been willing to allow these things to pass because he decided long ago that Tevez, like all the best players, was worth the hassle. We are talking, after all, about the only man to make the Professional Footballers' Association player-of-the-year shortlist for the past two seasons, someone who in that time has scored or set up 42% of his team's league goals. There are very few strikers anywhere in the world with his ability to make things happen, trouble opposition defences, shield the ball, run with it, harass and menace, and chase and fluster. Nobody should lose sight of the fact that the good outweighs the bad when it comes to the small, scarred, jagged-toothed Carlos Alberto Tevez – even if it is a close-run thing sometimes.

So why now? What possessed Tevez, currently playing in the Copa América, to choose this moment? City's suspicion is that it could mean Tevez and the ever-present Joorabchian have another club lined up, with all the riches that would incorporate for both men. Otherwise, the club are perplexed by the timing of Tevez's latest statement, released on Monday evening on what was supposed to be a good-news day. Did Tevez realise that City had just announced Gaël Clichy as their first summer signing? Did he care?

The real issue is of what happens next and, within the club, there is certainly not the sense of crisis that descended upon Eastlands the last time. There will be no retaliatory statements, no one will be rushing out to South America to try to talk him round. The stance remains the same: Tevez will not be sold unless someone offers the right amount and, in many ways, City hold the aces here, with the player under contract to 2014 and earning the kind of money (his contract dictates he is always the best-paid player at City) that is prohibitive to so many clubs.

Nonetheless, this still represents a telling moment for City in a summer that has had other difficulties for Mancini, already frustrated by the new restrictions placed on him by Uefa's financial fair play guidelines. Tevez may be high maintenance but he is also high quality and if he were to leave it is not alarmist to say it threatens to be a potentially fatal blow to the club's chances of competing for the league title. Tevez's longest spell without a goal for the club over two years is eight games. In total, he has accumulated 53 in 86 appearances. Mancini has never once accepted the theory it would be better all round to let him go.

And yet there is a difference between being a brilliant footballer and a brilliant football man and at City there is undoubtedly the sense of a club growing weary of his games, the politics, the baggage, the mistruths, the sense that he may be easily influenced and allow decisions to be made on his behalf.

It is certainly a strange set of events, for example, that the captain of a football club who have just won their first trophy for 35 years should have to be badgered even to attend the trophy parade. Tevez, to give him his due, did cancel the flight he had booked to Argentina to join in City's celebrations but it was not until a few hours before the event (after City had let it be known he would be fined) that the club found out he would be involved.

There is also clear evidence of his popularity diminishing in the dressing room. It was not a mutiny, but a delegation of three players felt strongly enough to approach Mancini in the spring and let him know they did not want Tevez to captain the side if he returned next season. Vincent Kompany would be the popular choice.

Tevez has had a nomadic career, now looking for a sixth club in seven years, and there is a feeling at City, and before then at Manchester United, that the 27-year-old will always think the grass is greener somewhere else.

Vanesa, we are told, disliked Manchester intensely when she was living in the city and would not contemplate a return. Tevez, whose level of English is mediocre and at a standstill, has also run down Manchester, describing it as "small and rainy" with "only two restaurants".

The Manchester Evening News, rather pathetically, responded with their "Stick With Us, Tevez" petition urging him to stay, but this was the tipping point for many City supporters, the moment they started to wonder whether enough was enough and there was only so much leeway that could be afforded one man.

Mancini, on the other hand, has always maintained that Tevez will stay. He may well be right, but what kind of footballer would City be getting next season? Tevez would effectively be returning to Carrington with one hand tied behind his back – and the other on speed-dial to Joorabchian.

Why would anyone want to play in the most racist league in the world! I say Inter

Because it pays very very well.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

I think he will end up at Malaga now, hot whether more like South America and he can earn as much as he was on at City.