Hi TFF, good to see you here on the FM18 tactics forum. I make the same observations about the game as well after playing it for the past few days for several hours. AMCs are indeed better than strikers unless you have a striker as the DLF in which case, he will play deeper in the hole like an AMC. Another aspect of the game that is flawed is the specific marking of position option. So instead of always choosing an opponent to mark before the game, you just have to click this option of marking a specific position on the pitch. It does not work at all in the game as intended and i know from your past tactics on earlier FM versions that specific marking is unique to some of your tactical creation. During turnovers, the player is supposed to mark whoever is in the position but instead he tracks back to defend like he normally would without the specific marking instruction.I am also finding some of the player roles to be different from how they are described in the game. For example, the carrilero role is actually a lot more offensive than the mezzala instead of the other way around. I often find him in the box finishing off moves instead of the mezzala and often has more shots on goal. A pleasant surprise for me was the IW role which turns out to be very different from a tweaked WM with the same PIs. For one, the IW actually aggressively attacks the box more so than a WM with the same attack duty and PIs. The IW actually converges to become a pseudo shadow striker and with the game favouring deep attackers more than outright strikers, I am actually scoring more goals with the IW than the IF. Hope they fix the game in future patches.

Guys, I've updated the tactic because I found out that I forgot to put Attacking Free-Kick setup into it.

Also, I tweaked the "Closing Down" settings of DCL/DCR positions.

Hi TFF,

Another aspect of the game that is flawed is the specific marking of position option. So instead of always choosing an opponent to mark before the game, you just have to click this option of marking a specific position on the pitch. It does not work at all in the game as intended and i know from your past tactics on earlier FM versions that specific marking is unique to some of your tactical creation. During turnovers, the player is supposed to mark whoever is in the position but instead he tracks back to defend like he normally would without the specific marking instruction.

Hi mate,

I reported to SI that "Mark Specific Position" PI didn't work long time ago when the Beta test started and it still doesn't work.

The most funny thing that SI they heavily advertised this "feature" as one of "special" features of FM18 but it doesn't work. :)

Knap's tactics with 3 strikers over at SI forums work well, for those interested.

RESPECT

Hey TFF

I just wanted to say i have te up most respect 4 you!!

Delivering us a tactic against youre feeling, of a ****** game LOL.

Thanx a lot! Gonna test youre tactic right away!

Cheers!!

Going to try this, didn't play FM17 so I'm not so much against strikerless versions. I used to play strikerless tactics on FMO, so this brings back some fun memories.

hmmm strikerless 3 at the back again! or 3 at the back 3 up top ? hard choice to make this year really;) i think ill move for farming simulator 17

Hi TFF, I am one of your new fans :)

which foot for AMCR and AMCL ?

Guys, I've updated the tactic because I found out that I forgot to put Attacking Free-Kick setup into it.

Also, I tweaked the "Closing Down" settings of DCL/DCR positions.

I can't download V2, upload it here, please

thanks

Hi TFF nice to see you back at it mate. Always look forward to what you come up with. At the moment I am using a 4-3-3 system but really not liking it. Wishing inside forwards/wingers would work again. Its funny how realistically teams are using 4-2-3-1 in life and yet that formation seems to be inconsistently **** in FM. Inside forwards cutting in use to be brilliant except from permanent long shots but now they are useless. As reading through it looks like its either 3 strikers or strikerless. Hopefully SI will take note of what you say. The only way I have seen the 4-2-3-1 work is with a solid team including the likes of messi. aguero, Ronaldo, Pogba the big names really.
Keep up the good work

Hey TotalFootballFan9 really good to see you back!
I have a really big favor to ask of you.
If you ever have some free time could you please tweak your ANNIHILATOR tactic to fm 18?
I had been using a very similar one before i found yours some years ago which I then adopted and simply fell in love it! I used it to great success in fm 16 and 17 but unfortunately in this tear version I simply get destroyed by teams playing 4-3-3 with AMR, AMC and AMR.
I know its an old tactic but I simply love the formation and I've been playing 4-4-2 ever since I started playing FM so it has some sentimental value to me x).
Thank you very much for all your hard work in the past years, I have learn a great lot from your work which also helped me improve my game.
Keep up the good work!

Guys ive made a little tweak of demolisher to those who still want to play with wingers/inside forwards! Haven't got much time so played just first 5 games of the season with newcastle and won 4! (1 loss to everton away 1:0). I will make a propper test (at least 20 games) today bit later... probably 3 AMC works better attacking wise, but i found that 5 at the back system is very very solid at defence, so everybody can overachieve massivelly even playing with this "inside forwards" formation! if someone could test it i would be verry happy :) View attachment 76884

P.S. later i will make a TIME WASTE tactic for this as well couse the same as last year its very important to use... so many late equalisers or even losses so you have to protect the lead!

DOWNLOAD ----> Demolisher with wingers

Last edited: