I just finished my first season with Southampton, predicted 9th and got the 2nd place ! :)

d33d33.png

xws33.png

Last edited:
Do you have a Waste Time tactic ? Thanks you

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Any prof that you didnt used any kind of cheats, ingame editor ( you have it activated ) or reloading game?
I did, never sad that didnt i just wanted to discuss about something else when posting this ss.

What i did in this game - scouted best regens in the whole game and bought it when they were 16 yo. Was predicted to finish 1 but imo i couldnt get such an amazing score without a "cheat" tactic which for me is Suk Sam 523. For me its the best tactic for fm18 now. I am just destryoing every team. One thing which is ******* me off is that i always have to get more cc's to score a goal. AI just get one cc in the whole match and they score and sometimes because of this i am drawing and losing points. I always in every single match need more cc's to score a goal.

For example this:

View attachment 76846

I lost this game at home 2:3 with Chelsea in Champions League group stage

And this:

View attachment 76845

I drawed this game away with Chelsea in our second match 2:2.

Its very annoying.

Reaver

Hi TotalFootballFan9.I follow you with your tactics, but last year for me Reaver V6 tactic made wonders.....Can you tell me if you will make something like that in FM18??

I've tried, but fails two or three types of that kind of tactic with DR very offensive and with AMR - advanced playmaker....i didn't started to play untill you will make a good tactic....

Thaks for all you work

And please send me an link where i can donate something to you for all you wasted time for us....

Hi TotalFootballFan9.I follow you with your tactics, but last year for me Reaver V6 tactic made wonders.....Can you tell me if you will make something like that in FM18??

I've tried, but fails two or three types of that kind of tactic with DR very offensive and with AMR - advanced playmaker....i didn't started to play untill you will make a good tactic....

Thaks for all you work

And please send me an link where i can donate something to you for all you wasted time for us....

just so you know, you can import fm17 tactics into fm18

Also, mate... if you want a tactic with Inside Forwards then you shouldn’t even think of having 5 at the back because such combination works completely terrible in FM due to many reasons.

Also, mate... if you want a tactic with Inside Forwards then you shouldn’t even think of having 5 at the back because such combination works completely terrible in FM due to many reasons.

Well made bit propper test with INSIDE FORWARD TWEAK... NEWCASTLE media prediction 15. Not so bad as TFF predicted, but not so good as i wanted :) anyway as i said it still overachieving big... good defensively pretty **** offensivelly...

View attachment 76833View attachment 76832

Hello TFF. Last year on this tactic the mentality was set to counter as standard. And you could swap it to defensive if you met a team that parked the bus. Have you made any thought to mentality this year. Should i just leave it on standard or do you swap it around in the match?

Great job as always, TFF! :)

I gave the tactic a go with Tottenham and won the league with 92 points!

jhjh87.png

jgh766.png

j87g.png

What tweaks would you recommend for smaller teams against big teams in CL? Maybe you have/can add a more defensive version? :) Thank you for yet again making very good content.

Guys, I want to apologize that probably I gave you wrong information about what tactics/approaches works well in FM18 in this thread.

Usually, I have 3 different testing system to confirm each other and it’s first time since I got completely different signal in each system.

I’ve never seen something like that before… I’m trying to figure out what’s going but no luck so far.

Please, ignore what I said about the efficiency of tactics with strikers/inside forwards/wingers that all might be not true.
Once more, I want to apologize and when I sort out issue in my testing system I’ll let you know and re-open this thread… until that this thread is cloded.

Last edited:
Hi TFF,

What might be the issue?

Hi mate

If only I knew…

I've already spent a day trying to figure out it… but no luck so far…

I suspect that SI made something tricky about how Clubs' Reputation works in FM18, it's the main suspect for me at current moment.

Hi mate

If only I knew…

I've already spent a day trying to figure out it… but no luck so far…

I suspect that SI made something tricky about how Clubs' Reputation works in FM18, it's the main suspect for me at current moment.

Tff not shure if this can help you, but just want to show this... ive started a new SAVE not a TEST with Man United NOT A SINGLE TRANSFER!!! and create 2 tactics. MAIN ONE is with 1 striker and SECOND if i chase a goal... Did't know if its becouse Man united (BIG REPUTATION) or what but it works unbelievebly well... (Just don't have any idea what happend in these two games against ARSENAL and CHELSEA)... and in Champions league games i used my second team like fellaini,gribbin, lingard... etc. View attachment 76702View attachment 76701View attachment 76700

Last edited:
Tff not shure if this can help you, but just want to show this... ive started a new SAVE not a TEST with Man United NOT A SINGLE TRANSFER!!! and create 2 tactics. MAIN ONE is with 1 striker and SECOND if i chase a goal... Did't know if its becouse Man united (BIG REPUTATION) or what but it works unbelievebly well... (Just don't have any idea what happend in these two games against ARSENAL and CHELSEA)... and in Champions league games i used my second team like fellaini,gribbin, lingard... etc. View attachment 1135254View attachment 1135255View attachment 1135256

U share tactcis ?

UPDATE:

Guys, I think I’ve found what was the issue.

I just finished another round of testing and my suspicions have been confirmed, the issue was a Club’s Reputation.

I see that in FM18 Club’s Reputation has much more influence than in was FM17; it must be said that in FM17 Club’s Reputation also had some influence but it was quite low and can be ignored.

Now in FM18 you might get completely different results with the same tactic if you use it with an underdog team or an favorite team.
To those people who don’t understand what I’m talking here’s a short explanation how it works : AI manager look at his club reputation and then he look at your clubs reputation and depends on the difference between his and your clubs reputation AI manager chooses what tactics/approaches use during the match against you, if your clubs reputation is much higher than the AI clubs’ reputation then the AI manager will go for defensive approaches and if your clubs reputation is much lower than the AI club’s reputation then the AI manager will go for attacking approaches.

My testing shows that in FM18 the result with the same tactic vs the same AI club might be very different and it depends on what approach the AI manger uses.

So right now I see that in FM18 it’s very hard to create “an universal tactic” that will be working when you use it with an underdog team and with a favorite team and probably in FM18 it requires having 2 tactics to use when you know that the AI manager will be using an attacking approach against and when you know when the AI manager will be using a defensive approach against you.

Now I’m going to tweak my testing system in order to greatly increase “the Reputation factor” when I test and build tactics… it’ll take some and when I’ve done I let you know, guys!

Last edited:
Cool, I really want to see classical ( 4-2-3-1 / 4-5-1 ) formations this year, take your time

BUMP

Guys, I want to apologize that probably I gave you wrong information about what tactics/approaches works well in FM18 in this thread.

Usually, I have 3 different testing system to confirm each other and it’s first time since I got completely different signal in each system.

I’ve never seen something like that before… I’m trying to figure out what’s going but no luck so far.

Please, ignore what I said about the efficiency of tactics with strikers/inside forwards/wingers that all might be not true.
Once more, I want to apologize and when I sort out issue in my testing system I’ll let you know and re-open this thread… until that this thread is cloded.

UPDATE:

Guys, I think I’ve found what was the issue.

I just finished another round of testing and my suspicions have been confirmed, the issue was a Club’s Reputation.

I see that in FM18 Club’s Reputation has much more influence than in was FM17; it must be said that in FM17 Club’s Reputation also had some influence but it was quite low and can be ignored.

Now in FM18 you might get completely different results with the same tactic if you use it with an underdog team or an favorite team.

To those people who don’t understand what I’m talking here’s a short explanation how it works : AI manager look at his club reputation and then he look at your clubs reputation and depends on the difference between his and your clubs reputation AI manager chooses what tactics/approaches use during the match against you, if your clubs reputation is much higher than the AI clubs’ reputation then the AI manager will go for defensive approaches and if your clubs reputation is much lower than the AI club’s reputation then the AI manager will go for attacking approaches.

My testing shows that in FM18 the result with the same tactic vs the same AI club might be very different and it depends on what approach the AI manger uses.

So right now I see that in FM18 it’s very hard to create “an universal tactic” that will be working when you use it with an underdog team and with a favorite team and probably in FM18 it requires having 2 tactics to use when you know that the AI manager will be using an attacking approach against and when you know when the AI manager will be using a defensive approach against you.

Now I’m going to tweak my testing system in order to greatly increase “the Reputation factor” when I test and build tactics… it’ll take some and when I’ve done I let you know, guys!

LONG STORY SHORT: Demolisher tactic shows amazing results when you use it with an underdog club or in any cases when AI managers uses attacking approaches against you and Demolisher tactic shows average results when you use it with favorite club or in any cases when AI managers use defensive approaches against you.

Last edited: