The 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

Who do you think will win the RWC 2011?

• Total voters
3 Missed Penalties, 2 Missed Drop Goals, 1 Missed Conversion. We still had the opportunity to win this game. Bitterly disappointed. First my Netherlands team lose in the final in South Africa and now my countrymen forget how to kick in the Semi-Final in Auckland.

******* FROGS WE SAVE THEIR ARSES IN TWO WORLD WARS AND THIS HOW THEY REPAY US!

"The lifted player is dropped to the ground from a height with no regard to the player’s safety. A red card should be issued".

That will probably save Alain Rolland.

3 Missed Penalties, 2 Missed Drop Goals, 1 Missed Conversion. We still had the opportunity to win this game. Bitterly disappointed. First my Netherlands team lose in the final in South Africa and now my countrymen forget how to kick in the Semi-Final in Auckland.

******* FROGS WE SAVE THEIR ARSES IN TWO WORLD WARS AND THIS HOW THEY REPAY US!

dont be a ***, not their fault. no need to refer to them as "******* frogs"

dont be a ***, not their fault. no need to refer to them as "******* frogs"

Look out it's billy no passion. I suggest you never grace the football terraces if such language offends you. We're sheep shaggers and they are frogs.

Brilliant call from the IRB to put a half-French half-Irish referee in the Semi-Final between Wales and France.

Last edited:

Look out it's billy no passion. I suggest you never grace the football terraces if such language offends you. We're sheep shaggers and they are frogs.

Brilliant call from the IRB to put a half-French half-Irish referee in the Semi-Final between Wales and France.

Yeah keep that up and you'll find yourself banned

Its Rugby not Football, unacceptable either way.

Yeah keep that up and you'll find yourself banned

I seriously hope you never get any real power (as in the real world), if you don't know how to handle fans who have just got bundled out of a World Cup on a bad referee decision. It's call passion, it's called dissapointed, heart-on-your-sleeve. I got nothing against Le France, just right now, I'd happily punch one a frenchman in the face.

I seriously hope you never get any real power (as in the real world), if you don't know how to handle fans who have just got bundled out of a World Cup on a bad referee decision.

yeah thats why i warned you. there are french people on the site. not just about you. Just watched the likes of Gatland and Williams talk with great diginty despite being gutted, dont see them acting like that. You wanna rage fin, do it in your room, then come on the forum. The bad decision also had nothing to with the rest of the french. Comparing forum rules to real life is also ridiculous. End of the matter. No more discussion on here

Last edited:
Thought they were immense, but where the drop kicks in the last 10 minutes? almost as if they didnt trust themselves to gamble, got into 2 great postions apart from the penalty

Been watching the tackle over and over.

Looks fine from far away.. however its just the fact Warbuton dropped Clerc. The ref must have seen that from a bad angle (you see Clercs head bounce off the floor in slow mo replay) so really, he has no choice to send Warbuton off. Put it simply the player is in your hands if you pick him up. You have to put him down safely, no good trying to say you wanted to back out of a tackle when the guy you've hit is airbourne. Unfortunate for Warbs but in reality I think the ref had no choice but to send him off, the IRB said before they were issuing straight reds for any spear tackles. Therefore on that basis, other refs who have ignored this have made the wrong decision.

Also - anyone else start screaming at the tv at the end? ******* forward play.. Wales could have created numbers with the talent they have. No drop goal attempts! They only have themselves to blame.

On the plus side, I've just spent the day wandering around Cardiff laughing at people in Welsh rugby shirts and then running away if they try and attack me.

Also - anyone else start screaming at the tv at the end? ******* forward play.. Wales could have created numbers with the talent they have. No drop goal attempts! They only have themselves to blame.

Haha, that was the exact same as me. Was going for Wales cos I don't like France at all! At least France should get killed in the final.

Looking forward to Australia v. New Zealand, but can't see us winning this unfortunately. We have to get a bit lucky, and Quade Cooper has to turn up for once!

How did England lose to that France team??? They managed to score 9 points against a team with only 14 men for 60 mins. They missed no penalties and had less possession and territory. I feel for Wales and feel the decision should have been yellow but thats just me. New Zealand will rape France. could see 20-30 points difference tbh

You all should have blates followed my lead on France to win at 16/1.

On the plus side, I've just spent the day wandering around Cardiff laughing at people in Welsh rugby shirts and then running away if they try and attack me.

Haha, yeah that's one of my favourite pass-time's, wandering around England every year laughing at those silly, deluded Englishmen who every year, regular as clock-work, they claim they will win the World Cup, the EUROs, the Rugby World Cup etc, and usually bungle it in spectacular style. Being half-Duch, it was particularly fun last year in the World Cup when our boys breezed to the final and thanks to Robben missing an open ******* goal in latter 15 minutes of regular time, took the silver.

And yes, at least us Welsh admit our football team is absolutely ****. 2015, the boys will go the whole way.