The 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

Who do you think will win the RWC 2011?

• Total voters
Johnson on his future: "It's far too soon, emotions are still too raw. You need to step away now and get a bit of perspective"

Johnson, Ford and Smith all need to go imo, need a big revamp of the coaching staff and squad.

Johnson on his future: "It's far too soon, emotions are still too raw. You need to step away now and get a bit of perspective"

Johnson, Ford and Smith all need to go imo, need a big revamp of the coaching staff and squad.

I also thiink they need to go , if you can't a team of that talent to perform , i don't think you should manage England

End of an era for South Africa with Smit, Du Preez, Botha, Matfield and Rossouw all retiring from International rugby. Peter de Villiers also said at the end of the match that he will quit.

England centre Manu Tuilagi detained by Auckland police and given pre-charge warning after jumping off ferry in the harbour.

England centre Manu Tuilagi detained by Auckland police and given pre-charge warning after jumping off ferry in the harbour.

I take it he was trying to kill himself after the french game

England fine Tuilagi £3000 after internal RFU disciplinary hearing following police warning for ferry jump into Auckland harbour.

Men of Harlech stop your dreaming
Can't you see their spear points gleaming
See their warrior's pennants streaming
To this battle field

Men of Harlech stand ye steady
It cannot be ever said ye
For the battle were not ready
Stand and never yield

Form the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory
This shall ever be your story
Keep these fighting words before ye
Cambria (Welshmen never) will not yield

Cymru am byth!

Apparently the England team tried to save him with a lifejacket but they fumbled under pressure and dropped it.

delonarmitage Delon Armitage

Right that's it! There's only one way to get rid of a hangover!!

Good to see the players are still having fun

**** Bryce Lawrence! what a disgrace! he should be fined everything he possesses and banned from reffing international rugby, **** all rugby! maybe wheelchair rugby!

I swear it was fixed! I have never seen anything like that in my life! A very sad day for International rugby, especially for John, Victor and the rest of the boys who have now retired.. must leave a bitter taste in their mouths!

I mean 73% territory, 58% possession! five 5+ phases to Aussies 0, they made over 100 tackles, we made like 30! I mean come on! Pocock is a ******** and deserves to be banned, he was not even playing rugby, he was lying over the ball slowing it down, hands in the ruck on the floor, coming in from all angles! pathetic! ****! feeling the feelings I had on Sunday again, not good!

rant over (well not really) fuckass

Unfortunately i agree with you Raikan. we played like **** and we did not deserve to win.

Martin Johnson's a bitter man,
(He's a *******)
With ol' Clive he has no plan,
(He's a *******)
He always ******* and moans like a true pom,
(Like a true pom)
Loosing his hair, but we don't care
With Sam our captain, we'll take the cup home
(We'll take the cup home)

Wayne Barnes is a laughing stock,
(He's a ******)
He's got a tiny little ****,
(He's a ******)
James Hook asked him to go see M.O.,
(See M.O.)
But barnes he said no,
He can't do his job,
We think he's a ****,
With Sam our captain, we'll take the cup home
(We'll take the cup home)

Last edited:
Unfortunately i agree with you Raikan. we played like **** and we did not deserve to win.
you did not play like ****, not at all! we just played really well! you guys defended brilliantly (most of the time overstepping the laws but were never penalized) it was a very good game of rugby! I dont hate the Aussies I hate Bryce Lawrence! he never once spoke to the players or even warned them at the break down! It look like he had his mind made up before he walked onto that field...

this is an email/article I received from a mate of mine (I dont know who the author is, but he is an Aussie)

LIMITING THE POWER OF THE WHISTLE

There are no doubt a lot of Australian rugby supporters celebrating our victory over the Springboks yesterday. There are also a number of us that are wondering how on earth we managed to pull it off against a side that dominated possession and territory and lineouts. Now, I don’t want to take anything away from the Australian victory – our boys did perform superbly but on the day the Springboks were, we have to admit, the better side. The boks, as always were magnanimous in defeat with a somewhat pragmatic approach to the result. I wonder what our boys would have said faced with the same situation of blatant incompetence by Mr Bryce Lawrence.

I support Australia and always will but for those of us that believe in fair play this was a hollow victory. This was very much like fighting a worthy opponent with one arm strapped behind his back – it leaves a bad taste. There were rumours about Mr Lawrence’s impartiality before kick-off from a lot of ex pat South Africans now living in Australia but we tend to dismiss these conspiracy theories with a grin. Certainly, Mr Lawrence’s performance on the field did nothing to dispel those theories. His performance was nothing short of abysmal. He did not award the bok try because of a dubious forward pass. I have looked and looked and to me, anyway, it did not look forward. Minutes later when the boks once again breached our defences and were well on the way to scoring another try, he called them back for a forward pass. If the first call was contentious, there certainly was nothing wrong with the second one. Here, I must ask – why not use the “eye in the sky”? An impressive expensive piece of equipment that should be used for such decisions.

He failed to penalise Pocock for slowing the ball down. If we had played like that against the All Blacks, they would not have been so quiet about it. – and rightly so. In the dying minutes of the game he was in full view of at least 2 high tackles by our boys that went unpunished. Any of these transgressions, if properly acted on, would have surely given the game to the Boks with their advantage over territory. To rub salt in the South African wounds, he awarded a high tackle to the Wallabies for a chest high tackle.

We won, but did we really? Our sport has always been regarded as a “hooligans game played by gentlemen” – If we do not want rugby union to degenerate into a farce that soccer can become we need to make sure that our refs are of suitable calibre. They need to be trustworthy gentlemen.

Mr Lawrence, I would advise against any planned holidays to South Africa for a couple of years.

Chris Davis

The Australian

Anyone going to the Millenium Stadium tomorrow to watch the match?

mist first half but just seen replay of card, ref has ruined this semi final!!!!!!!!