The 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

Who do you think will win the RWC 2011?

• Total voters
New Zealand have already called up Aaron Cruden, slightly surprising considering how good Nick Evans has been recently.

New Zealand have already called up Aaron Cruden, slightly surprising considering how good Nick Evans has been recently.
I'm pretty sure the NZRU don't allow players who play overseas to play for us.

The whole country (or at least those who care about it) are going to get so depressed because of this, it's almost embarrassing.

I'm pretty sure the NZRU don't allow players who play overseas to play for us.

The whole country (or at least those who care about it) are going to get so depressed because of this, it's almost embarrassing.

I know about the rule but I thought they would make an exception to call up Evans as he's better than both Cruden and Slade.

Ireland has to win the World Cup! No Dan Carter, means an easier time against NZ at the final!

For now, gotta focus on Wales.

Ireland has to win the World Cup! No Dan Carter, means an easier time against NZ at the final!

For now, gotta focus on Wales.
lol, wishful thinking much? :)

really hope France smack the English, Argies smack the Kiwi's and us (the Bokke) klap the Aussies :) would love to see a France vs SA final

Got a cheeky fiver on the French to win the WC.

Looks to me as if they are coasting, planning their fixtures to avoid the big three until the final. just reminded me of the WC [football] where Italy couldn't win a group game but went and smashed West Germany et al.

Foden, Ashton, Tuilagi, Flood, Cueto, Wilkinson, Youngs Stevens, Thompson, Cole, Deacon, Palmer, Croft, Moody, Easter

Johnson picks Flood at 12 but doesn't think Barritt is good enough for the squad?!

As an irish fan, i am disgusted by our performance this morning. Our players were just standing still waiting to get hit. Fair play to Wales though, id love to see them win it, but thats not gonna happen

England football team not looking so bad now, eh? ;)

England truly shocking. Poor attacking moves, standing still when we had to run onto the ball. Made an average French side look like world beaters when really they shouldnt be. Hope SA or NZ go onto win now, can't stand the welsh or the french. Jonny and Flood looked out of ideas all game. Really poor performance.

poor by england! slow start again, players on pitch have to take blame but i think jhonsons selection was the most shockin, haskell on bench been our best player of tournament stevens in scrum giving away penelties since start of tournement should have been axed! flood and wilkinson cant play together banahan should have started instead of wilkinson.

Poor game, seen kids catch a ball better.

But, Wales deserved the win, better on the day. How Sexton came on at 10 I wll never know, he's good runner, kicking is aab and is afraid to get hit. O'Driscoll was pretty quiet, although we didn't hav much attack at all.

Good thing I gt my fiver on France before this game.

I'm now a South African fan until the end of the world cup ;)

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Not against France this time :(.

Looks like they might bottle it against France in the final ;)

Ireland listened to the media frenzy that had them in the final since last week and just expected to win. I knew Wales would be a massive threat and I fancy them to win it. Honestly I thought winner of today would win the World Cup. Kidney blew it today and sent us out to have a kicking battle with Wales who have 2 players (Priestland, Halfpenny) with massive accurate boots. we need to try more smart kicking than simply kicking it long. if we were more clinical first half aswell we could have been 14-10 or 21-10 up at half time.

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scottishman walk into a bar...
To watch Wales in the Semi-Final.
-
Great few days for us sheeplovers. First we somehow manage to beat Switzerland with the Aberfan Blind School FC also know as the Wales National Team, we book our place in the semi-finals of our national sport: and to top it off England loose to the frogs and throw away a 2-0 lead to Montenegro.
I think every Welshman and lass was ****** by about 12 o'Clock this afternoon.