The absolute collapse of my Southampton Team

Fanty111

Reaction score
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xpojg4

^^^thats the game save if anyone wants it...good luck lads

It started off so well 3rd at november
View attachment 463086
then the collapse happened view from november onwardsView attachment 463084

not winning a game from november til february i think and panic set in when i was sat at 14th i managed to pull through to 9th finish...

new season...foot of the tableView attachment 463083

and this result against Bournemouth at home in the capital one cup

View attachment 463086

Where do i go from here? quit and wait til after christmas when the game becomes semi playable when defenders stop running from the ball and when goalkeepers are horribly arnt placed and gliding towards the ball?

or do i play until i get sacked and start crying (i mean actually in tears) and work through it

i need morale support like really need it...im not looking for advice just a shoulder to cry on and other players who have felt the same pain as me

Last edited:
Gotta say I really like the passion you are showing, kiddo and... it might just be the idealist in me speaking but, whenever someone invests so much into anything, something good will definitely come of it. Don' t mind the results of the moment, the future victories will be all that sweeter. Hang in there and push on. Your team needs you.

Gotta say I really like the passion you are showing, kiddo and... it might just be the idealist in me speaking but, whenever someone invests so much into anything, something good will definitely come of it. Don' t mind the results of the moment, the future victories will be all that sweeter. Hang in there and push on. Your team needs you.

man thank you! im starting to turn it around slowly i outplayed united but they beat me1-0 not going for the rope yet!

update: ive won 1 point out of a possible 29 this season

even sunderland have done better under di canio IRL

dooes this make me a facist?

this cant be just me theres something wrong with this game! surely ******* **** im a qualified football coach IRL i work with some of the best players in my area and do a successfull job but this game is diabolical bullshit

Hey dude, I say this its down to what you want your players to do. I sat around playing about with it for a few odd days inventing my way before I started a beta story.. I tested a few players from a few different teams before I got my **** together and started to do well.. The players only do what the manager requests them to do... maybe its the signings you made and they haven't settled yet!

Use a different player orders.
Change formation.
Use the attacking and/or defence to their roles.
Praise players.
Criticise them.
go back to basics.

But don't stop trying.

Check out ITFC: the beta story http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-discussion/143379-itfc-beta-story.html and see if it helps with ideas etc

keep at it mate, it will come together and you will be pleased that your hard work is pulling off

Hey dude, I say this its down to what you want your players to do. I sat around playing about with it for a few odd days inventing my way before I started a beta story.. I tested a few players from a few different teams before I got my **** together and started to do well.. The players only do what the manager requests them to do... maybe its the signings you made and they haven't settled yet!

Use a different player orders.
Change formation.
Use the attacking and/or defence to their roles.
Praise players.
Criticise them.
go back to basics.

But don't stop trying.

Check out ITFC: the beta story http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-discussion/143379-itfc-beta-story.html and see if it helps with ideas etc

keep at it mate, it will come together and you will be pleased that your hard work is pulling off

Cheers brother! Just read this now had to blow of steam and watch United get dominated by grrizmAnn at sociedad with a few beers. Will start again tommmorrow woth nee hope!

I think the best thing to do is post your formation and the instructions you use.

****, sounds just like me. Managed an under-performing team that just keeps losing. Eventually got sacked. I feel u bro

Lads ive drawn a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

switch to counter/balanced 3-2-2-1-2 and pushed the ball threw the middle

ive drawn a gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee