• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool could be bought by a Chinese business tycoon within days, according to a source close to the deal.

More...

And here is more information on your soon to be 'new owners' for all you Liverpool fans out there...

New England Sports Ventures LLC is the parent company of the Boston Red Sox of Major League Baseball. The Boston-based limited liability company also owns Fenway Park and the Fenway Sports Group (which in turn owns the Salem Red Sox of the Class A Carolina League, a minor league baseball franchise), plus 80 percent of the New England Sports Network and 50 percent of Roush Fenway Racing, a NASCAR team. On the 6th October 2010 Liverpool FC accepted a bid to take control of the club subject to a legal dispute. NESV was founded in 2001 when John W. Henry joined forces with Tom Werner, Les Otten, The New York Times Company (which owns 16.58 percent[1]) and other investors to successfully bid for the Red Sox.
On 6th October 2010 NESV agreed to purchase the English Premier League club - Liverpool Football Club from owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks after the board voted 3-2 to oust them from the club.[2]

Taken from Wikipedia

So even though John W. Henry is worth around £800 million,hes not the only person involved.
Also Tom Werner has business links to Bill Clinton and Oprah Winfrey aswell so clearly not short of a few bob himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read 'takeover' as 'takeaway'. That would be slightly weird news story.

This would be good for Liverpool if you ask me.

This would be good for Liverpool if you ask me.
whoops, wrong tick! but yeah apparently these guys are pretty serious hitters too. nearly as much money as the men from dubai

whoops, wrong tick! but yeah apparently these guys are pretty serious hitters too. nearly as much money as the men from dubai
Lol madsheep I think yourself and I are going to have to draw a mutual line under our "disagreements" since you are now a man of power ;)

Lol madsheep I think yourself and I are going to have to draw a mutual line under our "disagreements" since you are now a man of power ;)
lol dont worry mate, football is about views and opinons whether they are the same or different, if you can back it up im all for listening. football wouldnt be as fun if we all had the same opinions :D.

i wonder about this though, last time they were interested they wanted rafa to stay, and apparently they've gone straight to RBS themselves, rather than through Broughton

This sounds like the best news for a while now, although with Chinese owners, how involved will they be? I just have a feeling they will try to put their men in charge of the club :S

This sounds like the best news for a while now, although with Chinese owners, how involved will they be? I just have a feeling they will try to put their men in charge of the club :S
well they wanted rafa, so straight away they have more sense than hicks and gillett. when you say teir men, you talking about the manager?

well they wanted rafa, so straight away they have more sense than hicks and gillett. when you say teir men, you talking about the manager?

Noooo not manager, I mean Chairman, Managing Director etc. As long as they allow the likes of Dalglish to continue their roles I'll be happy. Although the Chinese aren't ones to waste money so I'm sure they only want the best for Liverpool. I hope this deal goes through :)

Noooo not manager, I mean Chairman, Managing Director etc. As long as they allow the likes of Dalglish to continue their roles I'll be happy. Although the Chinese aren't ones to waste money so I'm sure they only want the best for Liverpool. I hope this deal goes through :)
well they would have seen what hicks and gillett have done, and they will do the opposite :D. apparently breaking news is that this could go through in days, they are desperate to do it before the transfer window closes. oddly this could cause united to spend

well they would have seen what hicks and gillett have done, and they will do the opposite :D. apparently breaking news is that this could go through in days, they are desperate to do it before the transfer window closes. oddly this could cause united to spend

If we can get this done by Friday that would be insane, it would finally mean we can bring in some decent players, although there is very little talent available considering the likes of Villa have already been sold.. I'm sure Roy has a few players he has his eye on just in case.

If we can get this done by Friday that would be insane, it would finally mean we can bring in some decent players, although there is very little talent available considering the likes of Villa have already been sold.. I'm sure Roy has a few players he has his eye on just in case.

Maynor Figueroa and Paul Konchesky to name a few ;)

Maynor Figueroa and Paul Konchesky to name a few ;)

Yes on our current terrible budget, but if we get some money Roy won't be shy about spending it I'm sure.

Look what i found... LOL!

liverpool3.jpg

This is going to be messy. H&G don't want to take an offer which won't make them a few hundred million profit each. But it's kind of out of their hands if RBS do have control as part of the last refinancing. I've been reassured by a couple of very, very good lads saying that this Huang deal is the real thing. Huang is just the person fronting it. Two of the most respected journalists on Liverpool football club are calling this thing kosher. All of these people are vehemently against H&G have done a lot of work to expose them.

I'm sceptical but hopeful. Until we see the fine print, we won't know the details. But Huang's attitude has been since first approaching the club that the debt must go and be paid off. That's promising. There seems like there's going to be a lot of spin and counterspin going round as a result of this bid. Going to need wings to stay above the **** which is going to fly.

See the other thread for some more details and links and stuff and some things Liverpool (or just general football) supporters can do to try and get H&G out of the club. This could be the last chance we get before administration to have owners who'll back the club. I **** you not guys. There's some numpties in our fanbase and there's some absolute jamooks who post blogs and stuff (/me waves to Duncan Oldham and Jaimie Kanwar) who'll tell you different. If you're in any doubt, consider the simple fact that for the past two years our independant accountants have been legally obliged to warn that Liverpool FC is in danger of going bust. Two years in a row. Not spin, not bs. No matter whether it's taking a couple of seconds to sign a petition or writing a letter to the head of RBS, if you value your club ask RBS to not allow Hicks and Gillett to continue as they have been doing.

We need these two pillocks out of our club asap.

Knowing Dumb & Dumber, they're not going to back down by much from their £800m price-tag, and I doubt the Chinese are THAT generous. I wonder whose idea it was to bring these two clowns over in the first place.

I like the ambition of these men, I mean they want it done this week so they can fund a transfer budget, if they're that willing, then I can see them perhaps upping there offer :/
Still, time to be optimistic hopeful
They may make us sign Zheng Zhi...:D

I just wonder if this is going to happen...last time I heard it was Arabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back