• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
News just in:

1.45pm: Has Tom Hicks thrown in the towel? This statement from Hicks (in full):
LFC owners to pursue $1.6 billion from "epic swindle"

Hicks and Gillett withdraw TRO blocking sale of Liverpool Football Club. Action prevents RBS from needlessly putting Club into administration. RBS rejected owners' pledge to pay off all debts by October 15. Attorneys say ludicrous, self-serving and illegal behavior from directors and outsiders to hinder Club for years.

"It's an extraordinary swindle and it will result in exactly the wrong thing for the Club and the fans."

Those were the words used by attorneys representing Liverpool Football Club owners this morning when they announced they would apply all of their legal energies toward securing at least $1.6 billion in damages they expect will result from the proposed illegal sale of the Liverpool Football Club.

Attorneys also stated that protracted litigation concerning the Liverpool transaction will now cause even more uncertainty for the LFC.

"This outcome not only devalues the Club but it also will result in long-term uncertainty for the fans, players and everyone who loves this sport because all legal recourses will be pursued," said Steve Stodghill, the Texas attorney representing the Liverpool owners. "Mr. Hicks and Mr. Gillett pledged to pay the debt to RBS so that the Club could avoid administration that was threatened by RBS. That offer was rejected. It is a tragic development that others will claim as a victory. This means it won't be resolved the way it should be resolved. My clients worked tirelessly to resolve these issues but RBS would not listen to any reasonable solution and the Directors acted selfishly and illegally."

Stodghill said the owners have no choice but to pursue every legal avenue possible, and they will.

"Mr. Hicks and Mr. Gillett wanted to position this club for the future, but others have a different agenda," said Stodghill. "In truth, there is nothing positive from these events for Liverpool Football. That is exactly the opposite of what my clients wanted to achieve. "

BBC news just said NESV are set to announce they have completed the deal to buy the club

Things change within seconds, RBS has rejected Hicks's refinancing proposal so the deal to sell Liverpool to NESV should finally be sealed. Hicks will sue everyone he can for 1.6 billion dollars in damages.

If Hicks sues, to whom? NESV? LFC? The board? Everyone? If so, the suit against NESV can take place in USA? Or everything regarding this saga has to be solved in british courts? If so, I guess Hicks is really unwanted there.

Why would Hicks win a case for damages when he lied in court, did everything in his power to make this as difficult as possible and bought all this on himself for borrowing money he surely knew he couldnt pay back. Smacks of a man who wants to try and advoid bankruptcy and still live a rich lifestyle.

Anyway they are gone now and we can start building for the future :D:D. Welcome to the club NESV.

The Texas court have now confirmed they have lifted the restraining order blocking the sale of Liverpool
spacer.gif
leaving the way clear for New England Sports Ventures (NESV) to secure control of the Anfield outfit.
Liverpool revealed last week that they had agreed a £300million deal with NESV to sell the club and now the latest obstacle has been removed John Henry's NESV can finally complete their protracted takeover.

Now, that I believe the deal is done. LFC and NESV have to consider how to approach H&G suit. I also believe, that key to this threat is where all this will be held. H&G could only sue LFC in the UK, whilst they could sue NESV in the USA, and there is were the threat really lies, right? Can anyone help on this thought?

i dont think Hicks and Gillette are sueing the club. they are sueing the board members and possibly NESV and RBS

They will fail. Again. Pitifully.

And we will all laugh at their deserved humiliation.

In the meantime, the club can move ahead with future plans, free of these greedy clowns :)

Hodgson was just on Sky Sports News saying even if we just get the money we would of been paying in interest for the debt, to spend on players, we would be very wealthy. Sounds good, hopefully there will be abit more knocking about.

Exciting times.

Last edited:
Well it appears the saga is finally over.

Good luck to Liverpool and Liverpool fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back