The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest and say that I really wouldn't want that. Take off the unnecessary debt, grow the club, build the stadium, throw in the odd big signing and we can finance ourselves like we've always done and still leave room for an investor who's willing to take a long term view to make a very healthy return. Just old school ownership with modern commercial savvy needed.

To avoid any future backlash if they decide to up sticks and leave?

Essentially the Huang bid is offering Hicks and Gillett a carrot and a huge frickin stick. The carrot is that if they play nice and don't squeal, then they walk away with a bit of profit (not much, but a bit) and their money back. The stick is that if they keep acting like a pair of douchebags, then Huang is willing to buy the debt from RBS and then use the position as the main creditor of the club to force them out with a **** of a lot less.
After all the pain and misery they've brought on to the club, I say "Give them the ****** stick. One smack for each million debt they've incurred upon us."

Can Huang and his group really buy the debt from RBS and then use it against H&G? not heard that one before?

So, you'd say things are looking positive and this deal is serious?
how likely is it go through?
as i've heard that Huang has put a deadline of two weeks on and if the deal isn't finalised by the end of those two weeks, then they'll pull the plug because they want to be able to give Hodgson some transfer funds?

i'm trying to stay positve and hope this goes through; but i just can't knowing that dumb and dumber want more than is being offered :(

They can buy the debt if RBS is willing to sell it. It's no secret that RBS wants the debt off its books. Not unusual for debt to be sold - usually at a discount because banks sell debt when they think it might not be paid back (currently Manchester United's debt is being sold at a 50% discount just as a comparison). That would put the Huang bid in the position RBS is in now and they could repossess the club just as RBS can repossess the club in certain circumstances (which are believed to be there right now).

Slightly positive mate. I don't know the details of the deal. I don't know enough to get wildly happy. Don't know enough to give a considered opinion and really don't want to get into the position where people say I'm BSing them because I passed off my opinion as fact. Know what I mean?

Transfer funds are a consideration in trying to push through the sale now. Apparantly, other concerns are what will happen to senior players if this doesn't go through.

RBS need pressure applying. Don't want to turn into a zealot about that though. But it takes a couple of minutes to sign something like this: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/100/petition-against-the-rbs-loan-to-lfc and every little bit will help right now. We're politely giving RBS not a hope in **** of using their last excuse for not acting against HnG - that we'd be upset if they stopped funding H&G's rape of the club. XD

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

To avoid any future backlash if they decide to up sticks and leave?

In part. But also because it's the right way to do things. Don't want my club to be dependant on the whims of other people, and there's nothing worse than glory hunting fans daytripping on the Kop and waiting for the 'atmosphere' to happen. I'm just an old fart Billy - and I'm not keen on the direction the modern game is taking in pursuit of money.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

After all the pain and misery they've brought on to the club, I say "Give them the ****** stick. One smack for each million debt they've incurred upon us."

Don't think it's possible for them to leave with absolutely nothing. But there's a wicked part of me which wouldn't mind starting next season 9 points down if it meant those two took £100m losses each. Not going to happen though as they'll walk away with at least something. So I'll settle for them turning their trousers brown over the next week trying to cling on for a bit longer.

Due dilligence has been performed by the Huang bid team.

The bid is there. It's been made. It's now for RBS to make a decision on whether to force it through.

Thanks mate, I feel a lot better for that - there's been no reports of DD on TV or the papers I've read. If your sources are cosher then hopefully it's the last roundup for the cowboys - if RBS play ball.

(H)

If this were to happen, I hope we don't spend the money like City.
True. But I'm not gonna complain as long as the takeover happens soon. Wouldn't it be so much better to be able to "spend like Man City", rather than being in debt and losing key players?

Hicks and Gillett need to have a chat with Barcap. Barcap said earlier today that they had two bids lodged - Syrian and Huang. Hicks and Gillett are now saying there are six ^^)

Oh - and the board just coincidentally will be making a decision on one of them within two weeks. Nothing to do with deadline set by Huang's bid.

It's going to be a very, very long week. :(

yoyo i heard the chinks are going to funky town to by liverpool anyway? i think that the horse man called dj funky horseman should get his funk on in funky town and buy liverpool some funky juice!
Right, NO Racism, and learn to spell.

Wasnt this bloke linked with the club around january aswell. I am not this isnt another PR stunt by the muppets up top, to try and persuade RBS money is coming.

He's been linked three times. The first time was last year when he apparantly turned it down straight off because price was so stupidly high. Second time was round March/April time when he made it to the point of being about to make an offer but was then quoted another silly price. This time he seems to have made an offer to H&G which allows them to leave the club with little profit whilst also working on a deal with RBS which would give him the ability to force H&G out if they don't take up his offer.

Most reliable journalists who deal with LFC are saying this is the only show in town and that it's the only bid on the table apart from a few PR stunt bids which will never happen and which all have some kind of link (family connections or business) back to Hicks or Gillett.

Get the feeling its kosher. It's certainly got the feel of a heavyweight business group moving in - PR companies appointed, co-ordinated media campaign, selective leaks of key facts etc. Been told its kosher. But there's always that chance Scott.

If this were to happen, I hope we don't spend the money like City.

Yeah, a little decorum would be indicated hopefully - no paying anyone £200k a week !

(H)

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Hicks and Gillett need to have a chat with Barcap. Barcap said earlier today that they had two bids lodged - Syrian and Huang. Hicks and Gillett are now saying there are six ^^)

:(

H & G - alias Liars Inc.

Think this guy was linked with Pompey aswell QQ

I've tried to look into that Max but can't find anything. If anything comes to mind, throw me a PM mate. We're digging as hard as we can into the backgrounds of any potential bidder, no matter how good they appear to be.

Been to liverpoolfc.tv forums. Interesting to know that BBC has announced the "6 bidders" thing. But other than Huang, they sound like they're all 'made up'. Lots of rumours flying back and forth, and the biggest seem to be whether Broughton is legit or another ploy by Laurel & Hardy to make as much profit as they can. One thing that's weird is that we've had no bidders for 4 months and now we suddenly seem to have 6 bidders, all within a few hours after the Huang interest?

I think it would be a good thing for Liverpool as the main problem with the last few years is their lack of funds for new players, I just dont want to see every team owned by super rich chairmen who turn the transfer window into a joke. its been shocking especially with city, i mean 22M for lescott? youre having a ******* joke

I believe in Roy. And if we do have the seemingly unlimited budget that City seems to have, I have faith in him to purchase 'wisely'. But as I've said before, I'd rather be able to go on a player-signing spree than be weighed down by a huge debt.

Mr Huang if you fail in your bid for Liverpool you should come to Glasgow and Purchase Glasgow Rangers ;)

Good news, definately.

It is one of 'Several bids', so has the Syrian actually posted an offer?

There's only one firm bid there at the moment. Huang's group. There may be another serious bidder about to make an offer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back