The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not even sure if it even matters whether Kop Holdings or whatever is based in America, i think it boils down to whether or not this court in Texas has any juradiction over one of the biggest courts in England...

I wouldnt start to worry unless this went to supreme court

RT @joshnewlove: Get this tweeted! 001 214 6537273 - Fans, flood 160th Texas District Court with calls!

Update at 4:54 p.m.: I just spoke with Stodghill, who says his office is being "innundated with angry e-mails from Liverpool fans." I asked him: How does a Dallas court have jurisdiction over proceedings initiated in the U.K. He says: Royal Bank of Scotland is registered to do business in the state of Texas; and, of course, New England Sports Ventures is U.S. based. Also being sued is Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton. And, says Stodghill, "We allege in the lawsuit he committed some of his tortuous acts in Texas in meetings with Mr. Hicks, so we're suing him in part based on conduct here that did harm to Texas residents."

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2010/10/tom_hicks_files_suit_over_live.php

LFC statement: H&G restraining order "prevents transaction from being completed".."unwarranted and damaging"

I wouldnt start to worry unless this went to supreme court

this is exactly what i don't get! if Hicks really thought he had a chance, would he not go straight to the supreme court? rather than some small court in a state him and gillet practically own?

Update on Liverpool - Deal with NESV was all completed and only needed to be signed off, When Hicks released a statement claiming he had a injunction with a texas court. Its now came clear that thats ture and Brougham has said they will be working quickly to get the Injunction removed on Liverpool fc so the deal can go through, Nothing else until tomorrow now i expect
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-5

Also, He is claming he is making legal claims against Both, NESV, RBS and the Liverpool board for over $1billion ( this is also true )

Last edited:
this is exactly what i don't get! if Hicks really thought he had a chance, would he not go straight to the supreme court? rather than some small court in a state him and gillet practically own?
becuase the supreme court is the court of last resort. most of the time it must go through state court, if warrented it gets bumped upwards

Also, He is claming he is making legal claims against Both, NESV, RBS and the Liverpool board for over $1billion ( this is also true )

Anything to get his hands on money, money that in my opinion he doesn't deserve after practically ruining such a well respected club globally.

I was just thinking, the thing that annoys me even more about this situation is that neither Hicks or Gillete have come out and publicly appologised to the fans for what has happened, hes just insulted us. An appology wouldnt make everything better nor would it make anyone change their opinions on the clowns but out of respect to the people who have been buying tickets, merchandise and stuck with the club through this time it would have been nice.

becuase the supreme court is the court of last resort. most of the time it must go through state court, if warrented it gets bumped upwards

Also helps that local judges in Texas are elected, and receive campaign donations from rich businessmen. It's a small world.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out - this judge is claiming that he has the right to interfere in British law. Would imagine a higher court judge is even now being prepped to overturn this one. Hicks just wants to delay things - that's all he needs to mess up the sale. This is going to cost him £10k if it fails (plus lawyers fees) so it's a decent longshot punt to derail things.

I said the other day that Hicks will try anything even if he loses the High Court ruling and it would not be the last we hear of him and Gillett. The pair just cant understand how much hate there is towards them and how much more this is adding fuel to the hatred.

If this is not sorted by tomorrow and Liverpool are placed into administration would that mean Hicks and Gillett lose out anyway and lose their investment totally and get nothing.?

Hicks and Gillett just give it up and let Liverpool be placed into safer hands with a better business plan than the one that you two clowns came up with.

Last edited:
Reading Twilight. Hicks is really lucky that there are no vampires among the Pool fans!

I don't see the logic behind the interference of the American court. I mean - everything is happening in the UK, an English high court has given its verdict on the matter. Then why is an American court interfering? Just because it is American? Or because some of the parties involved are American? Either way it seems similar to a bully muscling its way in just because it can.

Shame on you, Hicks. I hope you end up COMPLETELY bankrupt :@

the board meeting started at 8:30 pm, and hicks got this filed at 8:25 pm (apparently) lucky guy! Most annoying thing about it all is the fact that the sale to NESV is practically done!

Also helps that local judges in Texas are elected, and receive campaign donations from rich businessmen. It's a small world.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out - this judge is claiming that he has the right to interfere in British law. Would imagine a higher court judge is even now being prepped to overturn this one. Hicks just wants to delay things - that's all he needs to mess up the sale. This is going to cost him £10k if it fails (plus lawyers fees) so it's a decent longshot punt to derail things.
agreed, the whole point is to take this beyond the 15th and hope Nesv pull out, which apparently they. John henry has just said he is willing to wait till this is lifted

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

latest news:

11.06am: Liverpool and Royal Bank of Scotland are to return to the High Court at 2pm this afternoon. More on this when we know more....

11.01am: Why did the US judge grant H&G an injunction? Well, one simple answer is that he was asked to. He has only heard one side of the case so far, but will hear the RBS/Liverpool side. The big question is timescale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back