The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
what exactly are they going back to the high court for? to see if this can derail anything and whether they can over turn the H&G injuction?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/2010/10/liverpool_it_could_be_all_over.html
Royal Bank of Scotland tells me that if it's true that Mill has taken the Hicks/Gillett shares and if Mill repays the £200m long-term debt owed by Liverpool FC (plus penalty fees) to RBS and Wachovia, then Mill is in the driving seat.
Once the debt is repaid, RBS's power ends.
At that point, the deal with New England Sports Ventures collapses.
Liverpool would have a new owner, Mill. And Mill will do with Liverpool what it pleases.

bbc5live BBC Radio 5 Live by PeeG24

#5live understands that Mill Financial now own both Tom Hicks and George Gillett's shares in #Liverpool #LFC

taken from their twitter page? wtf? :O if this is true, and Mill pay's the debt off, and still decide to sell to NESV, they'll make a profit no?

Just when you think it cant get any worse and it does, Broughton and NESV should have just signed the deal as soon as they left the high court :(

Surely it can't be true :S seeing as the premier league must approve of the sale which we havent heard anything of. Mill Financial love hicks. This is bad news

I am willing to bet that there is going to be a movie made on this whole 'Anfield saga'!

bbc5live BBC Radio 5 Live by PeeG24

#5live understands that Mill Financial now own both Tom Hicks and George Gillett's shares in #Liverpool #LFC

taken from their twitter page? wtf? :O if this is true, and Mill pay's the debt off, and still decide to sell to NESV, they'll make a profit no?

According to the Liverpool Echo, Mr Huang isnt out of the equation. Don't believe it but still...
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/10/14/mill-financial-swoop-for-reds-100252-27471097/

A while ago, I jokingly suggested arranging a mafia hit on Hicks - mmmm............

Dramatic twist, my question is... Is it true that Mill is the new owner now? What about NESV? What about Lim and Huang? Will this be sorted out by tomorrow? And if not, will LFC get the 9 points deducted?

Dramatic twist, my question is... Is it true that Mill is the new owner now? What about NESV? What about Lim and Huang? Will this be sorted out by tomorrow? And if not, will LFC get the 9 points deducted?
they are back in court at 2 so doubt we will hear much before then. On NESV, as far as they are concerned they not pulling out of the bid, even if this goes past the 15th october. Mills were not named in the court papers filed in texas so fas as they are concerned the owners are the two clowns. Liverpool will most likely get -9 points on friday. and Lim and huang are not in the picture unless the NESV deal falls through. That's my understanding of it anyway

Surely Liverpool won't get 9 poiints deducted though. It will be the holding company that goes into administration not Liverpool. Same happened to West Ham and they didn't get a point deduction. May be wrong ofc.

Surely Liverpool won't get 9 poiints deducted though. It will be the holding company that goes into administration not Liverpool. Same happened to West Ham and they didn't get a point deduction. May be wrong ofc.
from an article i put up earlier from BBC:

Initially it had been thought the Premier League would not penalise the club for Kop Holdings becoming insolvent, but now the threat of a points deduction has become a serious one.

Under Premier League rules, the fact that the holding company is solely concerned with the ownership of Liverpool and football-related matters could trigger the nine-point penalty.

West Ham had been used as an example of why the Reds might escape in deduction if administration goes ahead when it was owned by Icelandic bank Straumur.

The Hammers, however, were a solvent part of a whole portfolio of different companies while Kop Holdings is solely concerned with Liverpool.

Hicks and Gillett are two evil men, they are greedy and all they care about is money, they never cared about Liverpool, I hope we do get bought and the owner cares because these two do not like anything else except money.

RBS just want their money, I can't see them putting us into administration when a deal is so close. We shal see though, I just don't know what way its going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back