The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.

They have until then to comply to the High Courts ruling, basically rolling over and telling the Texan court to forget all that went on yesterday, otherwise English law dicates they can be prisoned for going against the law.

They have until then to comply to the High Courts ruling, basically rolling over and telling the Texan court to forget all that went on yesterday, otherwise English law dicates they can be prisoned for going against the law.

That's really cool! (H)

I was worried that some American judge might try to bulldoze his way in...

6.38pm: It's been reported that John W Henry has just arrived at the offices of Slaughter and May in London, just as he did last night. I'm sure he'll be bedding down for the evening there as they await news from Dallas. This really is Groundhog Day and we're all Bill Murray. Except for Sky Sports News' Gary Cotterill. He's Ned Ryerson

It aint over till its over. I would wait and see until Friday night to see whats really going on. H&G are simply two smart bastards, and it wouldnt surprise if they had another hand to play.

The-Gallery-Liverpool-006.jpg

I now ask myself what is Hicks going to do to ruin this now.

hopefully the american banks do what RBS are doing so the Glazers can leave

The court case in Dallas Texas has been adjourned until 7am texan time tomorrow. 1PM GMT.

Takeover is expected to go through tomorrow.

Information was from SSN.

Last edited:
In the words of Etta James.

At Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttt, our lonely days with Hicks and Gillett are goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

In the words of Etta James.

At Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttt, our lonely days with Hicks and Gillett are goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

We were all thinking that yesterday, look what happened. Don't celebrate until NESV take over. The fat lady is wobbiling onto the stage, tomorrow hopefully, at 4PM she can sing.

It seems what I posted will be a permanent deja vu tomorrow ;)

Before [Judge] Jordan dismissed the parties till tomorrow morning, first thing, attorney Stephen Fox, repping Hicks and Kop Holdings, told the judge that "our folks are aggressively working out an arrangement with RBS to take care of the debt." Meaning: Hicks and George Gillett would pay the close to $500 million owed and then look for someone other than NESV to buy the team. Jordan said, "I hope those talks continue," but said he needs more time to consider the UK judge's ruling before making a decision concerning yesterday's temporary restraining order. Steve Stodghill, repping Hicks and Gillett, told Unfair Park after the hearing that NESV and the Liverpool board have agreed to hold off on closing till tomorrow morning, around 8 a.m. Dallas time, when Jordan's expected to rule on the TRO. If Jordan lifts the TRO, sale's a done deal. But if Jordan doesn't, says Stodghill, "the ball's in the court of NESV, and they can decide if they want to attempt to close the transaction knowing they're in violation of the TRO. That's a decision they'll have to make."

Great news, felt like **** last night when I thought it was over and realised it wasn't... Been in work all day listening to **** songs on radio city just waited for some good news and it finally came through!

Hopefully it will be done and dusted before tomorrow and everyone can go into the Derby on a high and hopefully bag a win. Season starts Sundays!!

danroan Dan Roan
I'm told deal between Hicks and Mill is done -it's whether the transaction's technical paperwork and legal details can be processed in time

Hicks and Gillett lift restraining order

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Reports claim Tom Hicks and George Gillett have now lifted the Texas court restraining order preventing the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) from completing the sale of Liverpool.

The news would mean, theoretically, that New England Sports Ventures should be able to complete the takeover on Friday.
ESPNsoccernet understands NESV has a banker's draft ready to dispatch to RBS before the 1700 BST deadline on Friday to erase any lingering concerns about Liverpool going into administration.
However, the early lifting of the injunction could also be because Hicks and Gillett are keen to push through a deal via Mill Financial. Hicks is apparently looking to sell his shares to the hedge fund, which acquired Gillett's shares in August, and it would then pay off the debts (which have risen to £280 million) to keep the club out of NESV's hands.
Board approval would be needed for Hicks to sell his shares - which of course would be rejected by a margin of three to two - but it would not be if Mill offered to pay the RBS debt for Hicks, with an agreement put in place for repayment at a later date.
Indications are, though, that RBS has been advised by their legal team against accepting Mill Financial's offer to do so.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=832336&sec=england&cc=5739

Now can they finally push the deal through?

From the Mirror:

This morning, Hicks has been involved in complicated negotiations over a deal with a US Hedge Fund, who in turn have been talking to Chinese businessman Kenny Huang.

I knew that guy was a villain in disguise

Apparently, Hicks had a similar problem with his Texas Rangers earlier this year. The Rangers owed 575$Million to the banks, and after a failed attempt of selling, he managed to fill in for bankruptcy and the team went into administration. Eventually during the administration period, the team was indeed sold to the group who made the offer initially.

Seems to me, that this is part two of the Hicks saga

And did the same with the Dallas Stars..... I guess he just wants Liverpool to go into administration by delaying as long as he can. I am not an expert in these matters, what does he win by doing that? Apparently he has done so with all his other teams, including the Corinthians football team in Brazil

Last edited:
You guys can while away your time by giving vent to your emotions:

Took this idea from KingCarra on TINA.

Hicks & Gillett, 2 Fat cats,
Time to go now, you greedy twats,
We all had high hopes, that this was it,
We'd win the prem, bit by bit,
Deluded we were, not no more,
Were onto you now, we know the score.

One man though, was on you in a flash,
That Spaniard knew, you didn't have the cash,
You tried to bring in a German, and got rattled instead,
The Spaniard stayed, the Spaniard lead,
Lead us against Madrid and United, 4 past each,
Following season came the ball from the beach,
In May, we'd got so near,
Come Summer, finances weren't there,
That was the season, he fell off track,
Constantly fighting, being stabbed in the back.

So George and Tom, get out our club,
You know its right, you know you should,
Europe, Passion, Hillsborough,runs through our blood,
Rafa knew, he understood.

In came Roy, you took his money too,
As our debt, grew and grew,
You try to keep hold, desperate for time,
Times running out, you won't get a dime.

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?p=4289390

Not sure where I got this:

You've been lying, cheating and lying again, you were never our friend,
Your big your round, anywhere we look your lie's are to be found,
Like a rat under ground, we can hear your dirty feet's scurring sound,
As for your friend the mole, he continues to hide in his hole,
We are not forgetting you, you are one half of two,
Your silence is sad, you can't stand up and be your own man,
For you the mole, keep digging your hole,
For we are Liverpool Football Club proud and RED
scarf.gif

For soon your ownership will be DEAD!

:(

From the Mirror:

This morning, Hicks has been involved in complicated negotiations over a deal with a US Hedge Fund, who in turn have been talking to Chinese businessman Kenny Huang.

I knew that guy was a villain in disguise

Lmao this is a nightmare, late at night we get positive news, the next days its all shattered and were left wondering where we stand again. Can it please end, my emotions cannot take anymore.

If Hicks had shown this much determination in running the club properley then who knows where we could be right now.....

Jesus Christ the Premier League has just saved us, they rejected Mill Financials approach to undertake the Owners Directors test.

Last edited:
Hicks has already signed a deal with Mill Financial - an arm of US hedge fund Springfield Financial Company, based in Virginia, which already owns Gillett's 50% of the club after he defaulted on payments two months ago - to pay the £237 million debt owed to RBS, which has now risen with penalty fees.
If RBS agree to take the money, Mill Financial would effectively become the owners of Liverpool and the move would scupper the New England Sports Ventures (NESV) takeover, but board approval would be needed for Hicks to sell his shares - which of course would be rejected by a margin of three to two.
Therefore, Hicks has agreed a refinancing deal for Mill to pay the RBS debt, with an agreement put in place for repayment at a later date. Indications are, though, that RBS has been advised by their legal team against accepting Mill Financial's offer.
ESPNsoccernet also understands NESV has a banker's draft ready to dispatch to RBS before the 1700 BST deadline on Friday to erase any lingering concerns about Liverpool going into administration, but their hopes of owning the club are hinged on the bank refusing to sanction any payment from Mill and Hicks.
The Premier League are already considering NESV's application for the 'Fit and Proper Persons' test. However, a stumbling block for Hicks and Mill Financial is that they will not speak to anyone who is not put forward by the Liverpool board.
A Premier League spokesman said: "We will continue to deal with the legally constituted board of Liverpool Football Club."
If Hicks and Gillett are successful in paying off RBS, they will then be able to sack the current Liverpool board as the restrictions on the removal of directors agreed as part of their loan with the bank will lapse. They would then be able to put forward Mill to the Premier League as members of the newly constituted board.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=832336&sec=england&cc=5739

Please RBS say no the refinancing deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back